Ladies...How Do you Know?

CodeBorg

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 10:56 pm
dyslexia wrote:
A large and growing number of university research reports is indicating that men are about as likely as women to suffer from relationship violence. ... there is a consistent trend of about one in five women and one in five men suffering from domestic violence.

A friend of mine who works in an ER agrees -- She sees about the same number of male and female victims of domestic abuse. Only the females get reported to police though.

Very, very few males would report "getting beat up by a woman", so they are completely overlooked.

Like it or not, the statistics we love to cite aren't always even close to reality.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 11:02 pm
Swimpy wrote:
... I think one cannot spend a lot of time being suspicious of one's spouse without any grounds for that suspicion.

This is VERY true! My second girlfriend was constantly suspicious of me, always watching, always suspecting. I got so dang tired of having to take care of her suspicions that after a few months I gave up and started to look for a new girlfriend.

I'd say the average kind, patient, and loving male would tolerate 2-3 months of suspicion, before starting to make the suspicion a reality.

----------
Fear can be powerfully self-fulfilling so the only thing to do is
"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching."
(Satchel Paige, 1906-1982)
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 11:35 am
Msolga, his main reason might have been money, I would guess.

As to jumping into a relationship - my husband and I decided to get married after dating for four weeks. We did wait a couple of months, though, because we did not want to marry in winter. I would tell everybody not to marry this quickly - of course. But I think it also depends on your age and experience etc. I was 35 at that time.

CodeBorg, I agree with you - nobody can tolerate constant suspicion I think.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 06:16 am
DYSLEXIA:

More "killed wives"?

Perhaps the females are a bit more honest in responding to the question, than are the males.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 06:20 am
I don't think that you can "really" know the person you've married.
How can you?

Just the other day, after 30 years of marriage, a man stabbed his wive to death and then hung himself from the ceiling. This occurred after many years of abuse and calling the cops to intervene.

Why do women take this abuse and keep going back to more?
Why didn't the adult children intervene?
0 Replies