Christian Civil Liberties Union Suing eBay

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 01:05 pm
Quote:
Christian Civil Liberties Union Preparing Litigation Against eBay for Discrimination Against a Christian Woman

MEDIA ADVISORY, Jan 9 /Christian Wire Service/ -- The litigation centers around the fact that eBay refuses to allow the African-American, Single mother of 3 youngsters to sell apparel and religious items on eBay because she does not have a credit card of checking account. Anthony Andolino, Executive Director of CCLU stated that the suit will request $100 Million Dollars in Damages.

CCLU is the only Christian Civil Rights group to advertise itself as the ANTIDOTE TO THE A.C.L.U. The group represents diverse cases such as military families in body armor and military chapel prayer matters, death row, DNA cases and civil rights matters regarding discrimination in employment as well as abortion, school prayer, intelligent design and women's issues.

The groups web site at www.cclu.com details all the services offered to anyone no matter if they are Christian or not. CCLU is the first WORLD WIDE public defense organization of it's kind.

CCLU is open to anyone, anywhere and all services are "FREE" of any cost to indigent people seeking assistance.

Well, that $100 million is probably just a bit more she would have got at eBay.

I suggest, the CCLU should be busy looking around other sites on the WWW - some million require a credit card or checking account.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 768 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 01:23 pm
The Christian Civil Liberties Union? Talk about an oxymoron...
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 01:42 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
The Christian Civil Liberties Union? Talk about an oxymoron...

I had that same thought...
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 01:53 pm
Re: Christian Civil Liberties Union Suing eBay
I'm not even going to mention the law suit because my head is still spinning from reading it.

Now why do they need a Christian Civil Liberties Union? Are their rites being stomped on because not everybody conforms to their beliefs?

When churches start paying taxes we can talk! Until then, leave me the heck alone and stop putting those damn flyers on my doorstep.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 01:56 pm
roverroad wrote:
?

When churches start paying taxes we can talk! Until then, leave me the heck alone and stop putting those damn flyers on my doorstep.
Actually with that logic roverroad we shouldn't have a Civil Liberties Union such as the ACLU, they don't pay taxes either.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 01:58 pm
Churches don't pay taxes, citizens (civilians, civil), they do. There's the logic.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 02:00 pm
You'll have to do better than that.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 02:04 pm
There is a suit going nowhere fast. A private company can do whatever they want.

It isn't unreasonable to demand some protection from fraud which is why ebay requires a credit card or bank account as some proof of identity and protection against fraudulent selling. I doubt they discrminated because she was black or a christian. They had no way of knowing. Ebay would be MORE liable if she did sell and defrauded people on ebay without them trying to verify who she was.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 02:12 pm
EBay won't allow anybody to sell on their site without a credit card to verify their identity. So why is this a Christian issue.

I think this is just one of those money grubbing crazy woman like the one that claimed she found a finger in her Wendy's chili. It doesn't say much for the CCLU for taking up such a strange cause. I think this may top anything frivolous that the ACLU has done.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 02:20 pm
I could name literally hundreds of sites here from Germany where you get nothing without banc account or credit card.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 02:36 pm
Ditto the oxymoron sentiment.

Just what we need, another group running around looking to file frivilous lawsuits. At least they hope to spread their joy to the court systems around the world, not just here. I wish this were funny. Unfortunately, it isn't.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 10:18 am
Walter, I am with our Indian musketeer, but I am totally confused as my response to you is missing and reappeared on another thread which has been pulled. It looks as though tony started it, and I replied. Confused

Can anyone explain that strange occurence?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 10:36 am
I can't.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 10:48 am
Well, anyway, you are no damned Nazi, and I'll say that again.

So, let them sue eBay and see how far it gets. I, for one, will be watching.
0 Replies