Nose piercings

sozobe

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:13 am
Oh, I see. With earrings (I only have one each, done in 1983 or something, this may be new too) they take the actual stud and shoot it through the ear (ouchie), so that couldn't be done with something coiled... you're saying that first they make the hole with the needle, then work the nose ring in?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:21 am
yep, thats what they do. but you don't have many nerve endings in the nose. i didn't feel the actual nose stud insertion after the hole was punched.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 05:24 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
KiwiChic wrote:
Also they ask you if you want it pierced with a needle or a piercing gun
I opted for the gun as its faster and over and done with in a sec plus be prepared for your eyes to water like mad.

That's why you use a needle, not a gun. A needle does far less tissue damage than a gun, therefore it heals faster and hurts less.

Speaking from experience??
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:52 am
Speaking from others experience. I have a few friends who have been on both sides (the gun and the needle). Also, the piercer who did my belly button and I got talking and this topic came up (not that I'd have my button pierced with a gun but these things come up for whatever reason). He said the same thing.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 02:19 pm
I have also had other piercings done with the needle, so unless someone out there has had their nose done twice using both ways I would say they would be the best judge on this matter, as for tissue damage done, either way both results end with a 'hole' through the nose.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 02:24 pm
KiwiChic wrote:
... as for tissue damage done, either way both results end with a 'hole' through the nose.

Right, but the needle is a hollow needle, which pushes out a piece of skin, versus the gun which just pokes a hole and then stretches the skin with the jewelry. And the gun is more brutal than the needle. Unless professional piercers don't know what they are talking about.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 03:45 am
I went to a guy who would ONLY use a needle for ALL piercings. I tend to sway that way.

A needle is 'easier' to check for safety. Used once, thrown out. There is more control over the process. You can watch him sterilize and take the needle out of the package. The human hand can feel as the piercing is done. With a gun, there is a greater degree of error.

If you think of what happens when a gun is used - it's like blasting through your skin. A needle is like threading through the skin.

I've only had my lobes pierced with a gun, when I was very young. I don't remember much about it.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 06:19 am
I have a nose piercing too - exactly like dag's. I wear a tiny diamond stud with a back piece....not the one with an @...

it;s ok even when you have a cold....but I remove my nose ring frequently and clean the nose ring and my nose. It's best to get the piercing done by a doctor. A general physician will give you a local anasthetic and then pierce your nose...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 06:21 am
hiya chin - i don't think doctors do that in the states, i guess it's not as common as in indian culture - especially southern india, right?
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 10:04 pm
hi there dag Smile...

dagmaraka wrote:
hiya chin - i don't think doctors do that in the states, i guess it's not as common as in indian culture - especially southern india, right?

oh, ok...i didnt know that. Yes, it's quite common here. The traditional ones look like this:

https://www.vedamsbooks.com/images/no34124.jpg
http://anytamil.com/special_images/DD_MS_Vol1.jpg

South Indian married women wear a toe ring as a symbol of marriage:
http://images2.nordstrom.com/images/store/product/medium/92713.jpg
0 Replies