Nose piercings

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:45 pm
I really want my nose pierced and I'm wondering what the cons are of doing it. I really would like to know what everyone thinks. Does anyone even like nose piercings?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,026 • Replies: 29
No top replies

kittengirl

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 12:48 pm
id advise checking out :
http://www.bmezine.com/
very good advise on all piercings. Also, maybe get info from tatoo studios in your area and find out about aftercare!
Id be worried about getting a cold though, but ask for your own piece of mind.
Also, get this piercing if you want to, not based on what others will think!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 12:54 pm
Personally, I think they look like boogers and I dislike them.

You need to think about the visual nature of it as well as the physical, and how it is perceived in the work force and in the career you choose.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 12:58 pm
I despise them. Lip, nose, eyebrow, all nasty.

I've seen lots of really ugly women with nose piercings. Why would you want to attract attention to an ugly nose on an ugly face? I don't get it. A little attention to detail (hair, skin, teeth, fitness) would be a better approach.

Not that YOU're ugly brookie. Just reporting.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 02:29 pm
I have a nose piercing with a small gold stud in it...its fine and Im a Manager in a large company to me its no different than an ear or belly piercing..and I would never judge anybody just because they have piercings, obviously for professional reasons I wouldn't advise large nose rings at work but small studs are ok

You could always get it done and if you don't like it you can take it out and let it close up :wink:
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 03:43 pm
kiwichic, maybe you could answer the question about having a cold and a nose piercing. I've always wondered about that too.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 03:46 pm
i've one, too. a tiny little turquoise stud. there's no issue with a stud and a cold, as there's nothing impeding nose blowing inside. the stud is just a wire that gose through the flesh and then is curled like so: @ so that it doesn't fall out - but there's no back piece like on an earring. really you don't even know you have one. no downsides. except you can't rub your face hard with a towel, you'll get caught. but when you do, it comes out easily and without pain. happened to me twice in a year.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 03:49 pm
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgD5AlIV7f!eVnbAUDd4w4igjtoyLXQGFkHiVESJFC0HsDYbz0STnbvrG0TRPNy69CCA3nwrXXzqX0MfSmahLO31flXfMdX1baRv1pZGucs/piercing1.jpg

that's the one. got it during an able2know meet in new york last year.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 03:50 pm
that was just 2 days old...that's why it's red. just so'z you know.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 04:05 pm
yeah theres no issue with having a cold just dont wipe your nose too hard otherwise the stud will come out with your tissue, also face cloths and towels are another thing the stud gets hooked up in the threads sometimes and accidently gets yanked out.

My gold stud is a bit smaller than Dagmaraka's and yes inside the nostril the bar does bend and lay flat against the inside of your nose and another point is you forget you even have one in there most of the time.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 04:10 pm
I think small studded nose piercings on women look cute.

And tattoos=hot.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 04:31 pm
Huh. This is interesting.

I have a nose stud. I love it. Not a problem for work (I don't work for companies that are that anal). Laughing

They are common enough here that most people don't even blink an eye. I always wanted one.

If you are serious, why not check out a good piercing shop and ask questions? They will tell you everything you need to know. Complications are rare, but can happen. You must be healthy and take care of it.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 04:54 pm
When I first got mine done they put a huge stud in it and it looked awful so I bought a variety of different studs waited until the next day and swapped it for the smaller one.
Also they ask you if you want it pierced with a needle or a piercing gun
I opted for the gun as its faster and over and done with in a sec plus be prepared for your eyes to water like mad.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 05:39 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
that was just 2 days old...that's why it's red. just so'z you know.

hehe, that's the first thing I was going to say. My younger daughter (age 13) has never wanted pierced ears but she wants to get her nose pierced. Go figure <shrug>. I told her to wait until she's 18.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:23 am
it didn't hurt. maybe for 1/2 a sec, i got one little tear in my eye, and then it was all done. i was well prepared for it though - i pierced 3 out of my 5 earring, uhh, holes (what do you call them?) alone - with a big needle sterilized over fire.

but till i was 18, i also only had two earrings and that's all. it's wise of you to make your daughter wait, jb, teenagers are insane.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:31 am
KiwiChic wrote:
Also they ask you if you want it pierced with a needle or a piercing gun
I opted for the gun as its faster and over and done with in a sec plus be prepared for your eyes to water like mad.

That's why you use a needle, not a gun. A needle does far less tissue damage than a gun, therefore it heals faster and hurts less.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:49 am
If you blow your nose really hard, can you shoot the thing like a projectile?

You know me, I'm all about guns. Wink
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:59 am
Coiled up and flat, that makes sense. That's new I think, a few friends in high school had their noses pierced and I could see the straight, stud-earring-type pin on the inside. How do they coil it?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:05 am
http://i17.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/46/de/62_1_b.JPG
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:07 am
they coil it before it goes in. well, of course i guess, otherwise it'd be much more gruesome.
0 Replies