Alaphabet

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 05:33 pm
For a while now I have been studying, allot of old Greek and other Pre Christ, writing's. Which has also brought me to the study of their alphabet and language, which has shown me some very interesting things and similarities past down through the ages. I look at the first known alphabet considered as the Phoenician, and then have compared it to the ancient Greek alphabet and modern english, where I find many similarities.
It is funny because many people have made comments on how I write certain letters, such as the letter k, and have recently just realized that it comes from so much reading and translating some old texts, it is like I am adapting them to my writing technique.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,068 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jeanbean

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 06:46 pm
That's b/c these alphabets are related.
http://www.geocities.com/ctesibos/alphabet/index.html
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 09:10 pm
In fact, our word 'alphabet' comes from the first two letters of the Greek alphabet -- alpha and beta. There are similarities, also, between the Indo-European and the Semitic alphabets. In Hebrew, for example, the first two letters are Aleph and Beth, quite similar to Alpha and Beta.
0 Replies