ACTING IN GOOD FAITH

neologist

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:02 am
for you. But if you are looking, perhaps I have given you some direction.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:04 am
Fancy foot-work there. You know i won't engage your idiosyncratic exegesis, so how about tryin' to 'splain the ET demons crap you posted?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:08 am
Setanta wrote:
neologist wrote:
As an aside. The bible speaks of those angels who forsook their heavenly places in the time of the flood. Many recognize those as demons.

Further, the issues raised on this planet in the Garden of Eden are so important to the order of the universe that they deserve to be worked out without interference. There are Satan and his conscripts, both spiritual and earthly, on the one side espousing the rebellion. And on the other you have God and the angels assisted on earth by a few bumbling humans preaching the "good news".

Were there beings from other planets, their visits to earth would constitute a fly in the soup, so to speak. So any 'extraterrestrial experiences' we may learn of would necessarily have to be demon related.

This is some of the worst drivel you've ever posted, Boss, and that is quite an accomplishment.
Sorry to have driveled, but I was off topic and not trying to prove anything. If someone wants to start an ET thread in the S&R forum, I will be happy to defend.

In the meantime, sir. Carry on.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:10 am
Setanta wrote:
Fancy foot-work there. You know i won't engage your idiosyncratic exegesis, so how about tryin' to 'splain the ET demons crap you posted?
Love to. Wait here while I fill the wheelbarrow. Smile
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:09 pm
Setanta wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
Ok, since we're a bit off the topic here I need to ask something... Can anyone tell me is Setanta a real word? If so, what does it mean?

Here is the legend of Cu Chulainn, who was originally named Setanta. The name means "path finder." There is an hilarious passage written by an Irish monk about a thousand years ago, in which Cu Chulainn and the King and all their buddies get drunk, and then get lost--for a week. That's an inside joke by the monk based upon the name Setanta--Pathfinder.

I linked a page on the legend for school children because it would take pages to truly lay out the entire story. That passage is good enough. So yes, the name is real, but it derives from legend.

Thank you for the link and explanation Setanta. I am looking forward to reading more about it. I figured there had to be a meaning behind the name. I find it intriguing that you chose the a name that means pathfinder. Not that what I think is really relevant, However, I must say the name is fitting.

Quote:
By the way, Miss Eppie, the sport mentioned in that link--hurly (i've never heard an Irishman say "hurling") is wonderfully expressive of the Irish character. You have two teams, seventeen men on a side, one baseball, and everyone carries a bat, a cross between a baseball bat and a hocky stick. Most of the Gaelic Athlectic Association photos of famous Hurly players show men with a lot of missing teeth.

LOL, I guess "hurly" is not a sport I would jump right into and say, "Bring it on baby!!"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:11 pm
No, you might want to ease into that . . .
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:16 pm
ease in to it?... LOL for me it would be more like, "Oh crap, what am I doing here? DUCK!!!"
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:21 pm
hephzibah wrote:
ease in to it?... LOL for me it would be more like, "Oh crap, what am I doing here? DUCK!!!"

Sounds much like being in some of these threads :-)
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:23 pm
LOL Intrepid! true dat!!
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:04 am
Setanta wrote:
I'm the other one wrote:
Oh yeah, he's that guy who can't stand Christians.

Hope that clears things up a bit, lol.

Horsie poop . . . it's a particular type of christian who turns my stomach . . . and i'll leave it at that . . .

oh wow, set answered me.

amazing...Shocked

Yea, I know, I'm one of those 'types'...but that's okay! Razz
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:22 am
Jer 32:38-40 (NEB) They shall become my people and I will become their God. I will give them one heart and one way of life so that they shall fear me at all times,.. I will fill their hearts with fear of me, and so they will not turn away from me.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:24 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Jer 32:38-40 (NEB) They shall become my people and I will become their God. I will give them one heart and one way of life so that they shall fear me at all times,.. I will fill their hearts with fear of me, and so they will not turn away from me.

I don't suppose you would care to share with us just why you posted that, would you?
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:24 am
Setanta wrote:

You don't believe in aliens?

No need to answer the demon part.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:26 am
neologist wrote:
Setanta wrote:
neologist wrote:
As an aside. The bible speaks of those angels who forsook their heavenly places in the time of the flood. Many recognize those as demons.

Further, the issues raised on this planet in the Garden of Eden are so important to the order of the universe that they deserve to be worked out without interference. There are Satan and his conscripts, both spiritual and earthly, on the one side espousing the rebellion. And on the other you have God and the angels assisted on earth by a few bumbling humans preaching the "good news".

Were there beings from other planets, their visits to earth would constitute a fly in the soup, so to speak. So any 'extraterrestrial experiences' we may learn of would necessarily have to be demon related.

This is some of the worst drivel you've ever posted, Boss, and that is quite an accomplishment.
Sorry to have driveled, but I was off topic and not trying to prove anything. If someone wants to start an ET thread in the S&R forum, I will be happy to defend.

In the meantime, sir. Carry on.

Were you still going to start this thread? Just curious.

It's actually quite refreshing to know that some else thinks this way.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 06:34 am
Anyone care to address the topic of this thread, or do y'all just intend to continue with the pathetic god squad paranoia about ET and "demons?"
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:31 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Why not include the words replaced by the ellipses?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:03 am
I was wondering the same thing. I just figured the poster went for effect instead of truth.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:38 pm
I still want to know why he posted it. Anyone got a clue?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:43 pm
Without either endorsing or rejecting C.I.'s position, i'd say it's pretty damned obvious why he posted it, but you folks are playing dumb because it is a refutation of a key part of your thesis. He's pointing out that the god of the old testament wanted to see real fear in the hearts and minds of his adherents.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:47 pm
Setanta wrote:
Without either endorsing or rejecting C.I.'s position, i'd say it's pretty damned obvious why he posted it, but you folks are playing dumb because it is a refutation of a key part of your thesis. He's pointing out that the god of the old testament wanted to see real fear in the hearts and minds of his adherents.

Well, then why don't you have him find something like that in the New Testament. Many have pointed out, numerous times, I might mention, that the Old Testament was under the Moasic Law. In the New Testament there is no Mosaic law. There is Jesus Christ. There is love. There is forgiveness.
0 Replies