Getting Beat Up...What Is the Deal with These Dreams?

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 08:48 am
Twice now in two very different dreams, I am getting beat up. The first one, I was raped and beat up. I wasn't physically that hurt. I was walking on my own and what not. THe second dream, last night, was much much worse. I was cut and beat up and was bleeding badly. I was taken to the hospital. I think my neck was broken or badly sprained. I had a head wound and a lot of cuts all over everywhere else. I wasn't stabbed, just sliced. They gave me some morphine and I nearly went unconsious. I slid off the gurney and onto the floor. I remember in my dream feeling myself losing consciousness and it was scary. But then I came to and said "I'm here. I'm here."

I woke up after that.

What does getting beat up like this mean?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 5,437 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 08:58 am
I think dreams are a very personal experience that are full of meanings only for the individual having the dream. I don't think there is international symbolism in dreams (Youngians might not agree). Perhaps you have inner anger and this is the way your mind expresses it. Or maybe you are "beating yourself up" over real issues in your life.

I do believe we can control our dreams, similar to what you did. Try telling yourself you will only have beautiful happy dreams as you drift off to sleep and that you will not allow unhappy or violent images into your dream world.

I have found this even works for children who have monster type dreams. You tell the child they have the power to make the monster disappear by saying or thinking "begone!" and it impowers the child so they can banish the scary dream image or event.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:09 am
The thing is, I don't really have anything going on that I'd be beating myself up over or any inner anger I should be dealing with.

I can't figure out what it would be but the dreams suck and I wake up feeling awful, physically and mentally.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:19 am
Maybe it's a real physcial thing. You have mentioned poor health lately, maybe it's your mind reflecting back how your body feels. I know if we have feel pain when we sleep it often appears in our dreams. I once twisted my collar bone and kept having dreams that someone was poking me with something sharp in that area. I would wake up realizing I was sleeping in a position that was hurting my collar bone and shoulder.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:25 am
Hm. Perhaps you are right!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:46 am
Sounds like it might also be about a loss of control. You slide off, no one's there to catch you, things are happening to you, as opposed to you actively doing something in the dream, etc. Hmmm.

PS Feel better soon.
0 Replies

Romeoo02

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 05:42 am
Hey, I m getting same kind of dreams. Got it twice till now. I would really like to know it means something. Pls do tell if anything strange happened lately.
0 Replies