christian bashing on t.v.

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 08:00 am
flyboy- I was thinking the same thing. I have NEVER watched "will and Grace", and certainly don't intend to start now.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:20 am
flyboy,

No, I do not watch Will and Grace.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:55 am
When I read about the Will and Grace effort, I thought it must be another effort to grab some ratings. I used to love watching Will and Grace, but it fizzled, to my way of thinking, some years ago. Dragging in celebrities can't help a sagging show in the long run.

If they were going to try this with a good actress, I'd have considered looking at the episode as described.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 12:05 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Just a quick question, has anyone seen The Crumbs with Jane Curtain and William Devane? What did you think?

Saw episodes one and two. Jane Curtin seems to be forcing everything which is sad because she is someone I usually like. I can't say as how I have ever liked Devane, to me he has never risen to even being a mediocre actor. The show itself is somewhat flat and I have no intention of subjecting myself to any more episodes of it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 12:12 pm
So, where's the thread started by all the offended Jews out there? The show Son's and Daughters soon to be on ABC, takes quite a poke at Jews in their promo.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 12:16 pm
Sturgis,

I am afraid I have to agree with you on the Crumps. I have always loved Jane Curtain's humor but it does seem forced. I used to love Williane Devane on Knots Landing. He's just not a comedian to me. I don't think I will be watching it again myself.

Bella Dea,

I haven't seen that. Can you give a bit of info on it please?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:03 pm
Seaglass sez:

This is the funniest thread i have ever read on A2k, are you for real momma angel?

All I gotta say is:

I have a church, it has no steeple

I have a church, it has no people

I have a church, it has no baptismal

I have a church, it has no choir

I have a church, it has no Billy Grahams, Cotton Mathers, Jerry Farwells et al at all

I have a church, it has no virgins with yeast infections

It's just the Big Kahuna and me.

And in the sainted words of lenny Bruce "organized religion is (Big Biz)"

And if I have offended anyone "T S Elliot"

love seaglass
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:15 pm
Merry Andrew,

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "am I for real." Could you elaborate, please?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:29 pm
Momma Angle

That was not Merry Andrew posting, it was
Seaglass his significant other aka Mrs Merry Andrew posting on his thread (I have his permission) and you will kindly note that I identified myself so I do not understand why you would ask him to elaborate on my commentary.

aloha
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:38 pm
Seaglass,

You are right! I am so sorry. Embarrassed I completely missed that. Embarrassed I associated with the avatar. I do apologize for that.

So, could you elaborate on your commentary, please Seaglass?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:43 pm
Seaglass sez:

No.

sorry
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:44 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

Bella Dea,

I haven't seen that. Can you give a bit of info on it please?[/color]

For the promo, they have the family talking about Jews. And then it cuts to a woman lying on the couch sleeping with a tiny little Sharpie mustash drawn on....Hitler style.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:48 pm
Seaglass,

That's ok. Thank you anyway.

Bella Dea, hmmmm. Not much to go on, is it? well, I think I will just have to wait until it comes out to make an informed decision. Thank you.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:51 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Seaglass,

That's ok. Thank you anyway.

Bella Dea, hmmmm. Not much to go on, is it? well, I think I will just have to wait until it comes out to make an informed decision. Thank you.

The show itself isn't about religion.

I was making a point that the promo, which showcased talking not-so-nicely about Jews and then referencing Hitler has not been pulled. So, why do Christians get their underpants all in a bunch over a show?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:07 pm
Well, I'm not sure about the underpants all in a bunch, Bella Dea. I thought I had explained my problem with the show but made it clear that the only thing I could or probably would do is not watch it. I did email the executives to ask them exactly what the show was about because I didn't want to jump to a conclusion. I think that is the best weapon any of us has when it comes to TV programs ~ just don't watch. As it is, the show didn't make it anyway.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:13 pm
Cartoons anyone? I think distasteful cartoons and tv show are able to stir the pot.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:17 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Well, I'm not sure about the underpants all in a bunch, Bella Dea. I thought I had explained my problem with the show but made it clear that the only thing I could or probably would do is not watch it. I did email the executives to ask them exactly what the show was about because I didn't want to jump to a conclusion. I think that is the best weapon any of us has when it comes to TV programs ~ just don't watch. As it is, the show didn't make it anyway.

As is your right. But a lot of people do a lot of crazy weird things over crap like this.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:19 pm
Agreed, Bella Dea. Agreed.
0 Replies