ACLU chastised by Federal Appeals court

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 11:11 am
JLNobody wrote:
You have to ask? I rest my case.

Yes I have to ask.

That you can not offer up any evidence says much.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 11:16 am
JLNobody wrote:
You have to ask? I rest my case.

I was thinking the very same thing!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 11:18 am
JL:

It's like trying to explain to a to a child why they shouldn't put their hand on the stove burner. They just don't understand until they have third degree burns.

Anon
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 11:19 am
Well, anon, you are quick to jump in. Perhaps you can provide what JLNobody seems unable to.

How does "This president, along with his oil and political cronies, threaten our freedoms horribly."?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 11:20 am
There are those who can only think of their own rights:

"If my rights haven't been violated, then there's no problem. If the authorities bash in my neighbor's door, tap his phone, or read his emails, well, there must be a reason for it."

And that's the kind of person who sees nothing wrong with what Bush is doing...
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 11:21 am
McG,

I've watched people try to explain it to you. You just need to get third degree burns, that's the only way for someone like you to finally "get it"!!

Anon
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 11:25 am
So, instead of trying to be funny, please explain How does "This president, along with his oil and political cronies, threaten our freedoms horribly."

Can you? Is the task so daunting for you that you guys are simply unable to explain something that appears to be so obvious to you?

Maybe you can quote what someone else has said about it. That's always a good retort when you fail to back up silly claims. I will even settle for that at this point as you seem to be unable to do it.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 11:31 am
McGentrix wrote:
So, instead of trying to be funny, please explain How does "This president, along with his oil and political cronies, threaten our freedoms horribly."

Can you? Is the task so daunting for you that you guys are simply unable to explain something that appears to be so obvious to you?

Maybe you can quote what someone else has said about it. That's always a good retort when you fail to back up silly claims. I will even settle for that at this point as you seem to be unable to do it.

So who the heck is trying to be funny? It's actually sad beyond words McG. You are unable to comprehend it! You will need to get the burns to understand. Unfortunately, it will be too late to do much about it by that time.

Anon
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 11:42 am
I can comprehend it just fine. It seems that the disability here lies in your and JLNobody's inexplicable inability to back up your statement with anything more than "You have to ask? I rest my case."

I will demonstrate.

"Now little JL, if you touch that burner it will hurt very badly because the heat will burn you. It is is very hot and I know that because it cooks things and can destroy delicate things like your fingers. If you put your hand near a candle, you can feel the heat that fire makes."

See? It doesn't take a burn to make one understand.

So, for the last time before I decide you guys are just full of shite, How does "This president, along with his oil and political cronies, threaten our freedoms horribly."
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 11:44 am
http://www.aclu.org/safefree/general/23088prs20051216.html

""The employment verification provisions in this bill not only fail to make us safer, they trample on our privacy rights by creating a massive government database filed with our most sensitive information. No system is perfect; it is inevitable that such a database will lead to errors that wrongly deny permission to work to potentially millions of eligible Americans. This will throw would-be workers into legal limbo until errors are resolved. Legislation intended to keep us safe risks rendering millions of citizens unemployable."

How can any reasonable American Citizen support something like this.

Illegal immigrants HAVE NO RIGHTS under our Constitution. It is the primary responsibility of Govt to control immigration.

So to blindly support the ACLU seems silly to me.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 11:52 am
McGentrix wrote:
I can comprehend it just fine. It seems that the disability here lies in your and JLNobody's inexplicable inability to back up your statement with anything more than "You have to ask? I rest my case."

I will demonstrate.

"Now little JL, if you touch that burner it will hurt very badly because the heat will burn you. It is is very hot and I know that because it cooks things and can destroy delicate things like your fingers. If you put your hand near a candle, you can feel the heat that fire makes."

See? It doesn't take a burn to make one understand.

So, for the last time before I decide you guys are just full of shite, How does "This president, along with his oil and political cronies, threaten our freedoms horribly."

Sorry McG. I'll save it for someone who has a chance of understanding. For you, it takes the full third degree burn, nothing less.

Anon
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 12:11 pm
Well, since you won't explain it for McG, how about doing so for me? I'd love to know how "this president, along with his oil and political cronies, threaten our freedoms horribly."

It would be nice of you knowledgable fellows to pass along your insight so I can keep from being burned. So I'll wait patiently and expectantly for your response. Thank you.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 12:29 pm
Haven't any of you figured it out yet? If we all support the ACLU we will be able to do anything we want and there will be no punishment for it. The ACLU is a firm believer that EVERYTHING is covered under the constitution in one way or another. AND, if it isn't covered under the constitution we can blame some other external factor for our stupid behavior. BUT, we will never never never have to take responsibility for anything bad that we do.
AGAIN, the ACLU has made SOME good decisions. Their actions during the civil rights movement are commendable.
But don't ask for many more attaboys for them from me.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 12:38 pm
You don't mind if I look over your shoulder, do you CR?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 12:38 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
Well, since you won't explain it for McG, how about doing so for me? I'd love to know how "this president, along with his oil and political cronies, threaten our freedoms horribly."

It would be nice of you knowledgable fellows to pass along your insight so I can keep from being burned. So I'll wait patiently and expectantly for your response. Thank you.

I'm reading your past posts. Yea I remember you, unfortunately much in the same vein as the hopeless McGentrix, but I'll continue to read your posts to see if you have any common sense. I'll be back at you later, after I'm done reading your contributions here on Able.

Anon
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 12:40 pm
ralpheb wrote:
Haven't any of you figured it out yet? If we all support the ACLU we will be able to do anything we want and there will be no punishment for it. The ACLU is a firm believer that EVERYTHING is covered under the constitution in one way or another. AND, if it isn't covered under the constitution we can blame some other external factor for our stupid behavior. BUT, we will never never never have to take responsibility for anything bad that we do.
AGAIN, the ACLU has made SOME good decisions. Their actions during the civil rights movement are commendable.
But don't ask for many more attaboys for them from me.

Sounds like your nightmare vision of the ACLU (as promoting anarchy) is a bit different from the other guys' nightmares. They're all afraid the ACLU won't let them be Christians in public. You all oughta compare notes...
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 12:48 pm
CoastalRat wrote:

they will NEVER be willing to directly answer such questions.

See, they are partisen hacks who will blindly support not only the ACKU but the Democratic Party. Objectivity is beyond them.

When i post a position support by the ACLU that provided "rights" to illegal immigrants, they do not respond.

Many cases the ACLU argues are important. However, some are anti-constitutional. Yet, they will never admit to it nor be objective about it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 12:52 pm
I would just like to know who, exactly, they would explain it to? Asherman? Think he has enough clout to have it explained? Maybe Craven...nah, he prolly already knows. How about Ticomaya? I wonder if he would have a chance of understanding? He seems rather satute to me.

Maybe I could get Blatham to ask for an explaination. Fishin'? Timber? I wonder who would understand How does "This president, along with his oil and political cronies, threaten our freedoms horribly."
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 12:53 pm
Well, since you phrased it that way:
No prayer in public schools
No prayer before a sporting event
No 10 commandments in a court house
Happy holidays as opposed to Meryy Christmas

Yep our notes are the same, I just looked on a different page to start off with.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 12:58 pm
ralpheb wrote:
Well, since you phrased it that way:
No prayer in public schools
No prayer before a sporting event
No 10 commandments in a court house
Happy holidays as opposed to Meryy Christmas

Yep our notes are the same, I just looked on a different page to start off with.

You do not support the efforts of the ACLU in regards to what you post??
0 Replies