PEOPLE THAT IRRITATE ME THE MOST

dupre

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 09:00 pm
I voted for all of the above, but I do try to show some patience, after all, at one time or another, I have done all of the above!

I hate people who steal my time. I have two 10-minute breaks at work, b'dee, b'dee, b'dee, that's all. I work in a call center, talk and listen on the phone nonstop for 8 hrs, less two precious 10-minute breaks. One girl insisted on prattling on at me during my too-few minutes of peace about a party she was planning to celebrate her 30th and her friend's 40th birthdays . . . EIGHT YEARS FROM NOW!

I told her I needed to walk . . . and I walked.

I could still here her talking--yelling!--to me when I was fifty yards away.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 09:10 pm
I "encountered" a missing option on I-95 heading
south the other day. What a doozie this guy was!!!
I believe that he was drinking... he kept driving
right in the middle of the two lanes of traffic.
Then he deliberately got up along side of a slow car
and kept pace with the slower car so that no one
could pass him. Mad If you tried to pass him, he
let you, but then he cut you off, even though he did
it in a very dangerous way. Evil or Very Mad If you tried
blinking your lights or honking - no results. Rolling Eyes
We finally stopped at a rest area and phoned the
S.C. state troopers to be on the alert for this
guy in a white Altima. They said they were on their
way and about 30 minutes later, we saw an empty
white Altima sitting alongside of the road - I hope
they got him, it had to be the same car. I've
never seen a more dangerous, road rage kind of
driver. After I realized how nuts he was, I dropped
my speed way back and stayed clear of him.
I watched other cars and trucks try to get him to
move over, and saw him hit the brakes right when
they were right on his tail. It was truly scary.
I hope I never see another driver like that one.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 09:22 pm
c.i. ~ last time I went to a new-release in the theatre, I believe I paid $5.50, the child was $3.50.

On the other side of this coin.....I encountered a very, very, very NICE person tonight.....

My friend, Cindy, and I went to Rusty's for dinner and sat at the bar like we usually do when we're there. The only two seats available were between two guys ~ both eating dinner, one had a full ashtray in front of him, the other one didn't.

I sat next to the guy with the empty ashtray. Laid my cigarettes down at the bar and waited about forty-five minutes until he was done eating his food before having a smoke.

He thanked me for it! Said he knew that he was taking his chances by sitting at the bar, but he appreciated me refraining from smoking while he ate.

I like nice people. A lot. Very Happy
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2003 03:54 am
I voted all of the above as well !!!

But people with double standards are the ones who really get me going !!
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2003 04:42 am
Not respecting the opinions of others get to me, too.

My brother wants to be considered an expert on everthing. Trouble is, he never listens nor does he read. One wonders how he can possibly get any information into his brain without these basic sources on input. His own mind is the beginning of everything, and his own mouth is the end of it.

He is so arguementative that my family has an unstated rule now: When he speaks, we all agree, and move on to a different subject, just to shut him up.

We know we are creating a very obnoxious person for everyone else, but after 40 years of trying, we figure it's someone else's turn to try to set him straight.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2003 08:04 am
Hey dupre! I didn't know you were in my boss's Family! He's the cause that made me vote "loud and disruptive", but he's also a lot like your bro'.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2003 04:26 pm
How about those people who sit in rush hour trains and busses and singalong, out loud, to the music on their pocket CD players. Especialy Rap music, why are they so out of tune and never know the words
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2003 04:31 pm
It's the ones breathing I could do without.......
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2003 06:22 pm
Loud and disruptive.....I know because some years ago I went to an Ella Fitzgerald concert and the people behind me SANG ALONG!!!!!!! Did I
pay $$$$$$$ to hear them?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2003 06:43 pm
People who are two-faced really tick me off. Grrrrrrrr.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 09:46 am
bigdice67: My sincerest empathy.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 02:40 pm
IRRITANTS , PEOPLE WHO MAKE ME SMILE.

THE JONES. THE MULTIPLE ACHIEVERS WHO HAVE TO PROVE THEY HAVE MORE MONEY AND MATERIAL GREED THAN THEIR NEIGHBORS.
Not because I feel I have to keep up with them, but because they are soooooooooooooooooo tedious. They have no sense of humor. Everything they do is carefully considered so that they feel their lives are perfect. Filled with consumer desire and superior to other people. They never take risks. Every aspect of their lives, based on tried and tested formulas
Self assembly furniture is no problem for them. They are in love with their holiday videos and feel you should be similarly smitten at views of Las Vegas in sunlight. Then there is their car. The latest model. All singing, all dancing, 4 x 4, Special Civilian Adapted Army Truck. Very nice indeed. The nearest mountain range, swamp or desert is over a 1000 miles away. They live in suburbia, on the edge of a Huge Metropolis in the middle of a vast coastal plain. We need a big load carrier for our monthly trip to the All Embracing Supermarket that has just opened, they will tell you, as they look down on you from the leafy branches of the golden apple tree. Little do they realize that the Woodpeckers have nearly finished drilling thru the tree trunk and the safety net is filled with man size holes.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 05:30 pm
As some of you know, I am traveling. Today, I am in Lemesa, Texas, below Lubbock. Hopefully, I can catch up with the postings. Smile
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 05:37 pm
My goodness, we are really on a roll.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 05:57 pm
I like bi bear's response best so far.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 07:43 pm
People who patronize. Evil or Very Mad