PEOPLE THAT IRRITATE ME THE MOST

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 11:26 am
I know this is highly opinionated...so, if you will suggest a missing OPTION, I will add it to the poll. Of course, I'm hoping you will elaborate in your posting.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,361 • Replies: 35
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 11:31 am
How about all of the above? I have issues with respect. But, I don't think that the president should get any more respect than the guy next door. So, I'd go with people who don't respect others. That includes people in all the other poll options, I think.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 11:59 am
Okay, I confess. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 01:11 pm
The people that want 'freedom from' everything irritate me the most.

Freedom from religion - all new money to take off 'In God We Trust'? No one's 'making' you believe anything, ok? I don't believe it either and my world's not ending because 'under God' is in the Pledge of Allegience. Get a hobby....

Freedom from education standards - no MCAS, no testing, just base everyone's ability on their own ability. huh?

Freedom from 'offensive language' and 'disturbing images' - just stop printing anything that someone might not like, ok? What the heck - just print the Associated Press stories over and over and over again in every paper. It could happen. Wait - it is happening.

Freedom from parenting - I don't want to raise my kid. Drug him and make the teachers responsible for raising them.

Freedom from responsibilty - I'm a mentally ill alcoholic with heroin addiction and I had to go to Community College and I can't hold a job because stress keeps me up at night. But it's not my fault...hmmm...it's SOCIETY'S fault. You can't arrest me, I need a rehab program. Again.

It also irritates me when people can justify having 20 cats in the house but have a problem with coyotes and wolves but that's a whole other subject. I think we could use some more population control in general.

I feel better already. Don't you? :wink:
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 01:16 pm
... Very Happy
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 01:16 pm
I haven't ranted like that in a while. Boy that feels good. Thanks Mapleleaf!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 01:18 pm
Here here sugar! I couldn't have ranted about that crap better myself! Ya know, it is so out of control with that stuff...get yer head out of your ass, pick s--t up and move it around already! Be proud of your accomplishments however minor! Accept responsibility for your actions! Look in the f--ing mirror and say, "You know what? It IS my fault I act like a moron, not society's!" BTW, homeless people love me when they accost me for change....spare change? SPARE change, like there is change I cannot use? Very Happy
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 02:18 pm
There always seems to be someone who wants to screw your life up, by using one of the poll options. Well I don't need 'em. I am quite capable of screwing up my own life without their help.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 04:54 pm
zippa de du da, zippa de yea..........
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 05:14 pm
I'm one of those 'to each his own' types.....Whatever your beliefs are; political, religious or otherwise.....Doesn't bother me in the least bit.

People who are rude and unkind to their fellow man really, really, really tick me off. (Yeah, I have a problem with murderers, rapists and pedophiles, too.....but that's a given.)

Just because you happen to be the last person in line at the express counter ~ don't give me the evil eye because I have nine items and you have one.

Just because my car is a standard and I can't floor it from zero to ninety in two seconds ~ don't flip me the finger because I'm not driving fast enough for you. (Hope ya get a ticket, a**hole.)

Just because I prefer to actually listen to a movie when I'm in the theatre ~ don't give me that holier than tho look when you're talking too loudly during a film that I paid good money to see and listen to.

So there. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 05:28 pm
I voted for all of the above, but I tell ya, they're all somewhat similar on balance, e. g. they're all about people who's driving force in life is themselves.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 05:31 pm
Rae, When I run into those ding-bats that talk during the main feature of a movie, I just tell them to "shut up." It works all the time. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 05:47 pm
c.i. ~ I was so preturbed once that I asked the young woman behind me if she had any money on her ~ when she said 'yes', I asked her to buy my ticket again so I could come back to the theatre tomorrow when she wasn't there.

She didn't say another word during the film.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 05:50 pm
I agree with you, jespah. (long time, no see! Very Happy )
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 06:32 pm
Just once, I'd like the whole theater to say "thank you" in unison, once I've said shut up. Wink LOL c.i.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 06:41 pm
Yeah, that would be nice, c.i. ~ keep dreamin, my friend! :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 08:00 pm
I'm a dreamer from way back........ c.i.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 09:03 pm
LOL! Man, those people who talk during movies....grrr....it's either inane comments like 'Look out!' or 'what did he/she just say' followed by a long, loud explanation. Think 'Scary Movie' captured it best....the character at the movie was so annoying, the other patrons murdered her, the villain just sat back and watched, lol. Quote: "Baby, you want some popcorn?" "No, I brought my own snack, want some chicken?" It goes downhill from there....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 09:10 pm
I think the price of movie tickets now days in our area is in the $8.50 range. How about you guys? c.i.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 12:59 am
I answered all of the above and would also like to add what everyone else said as well.
0 Replies