STRAIGHT EYE FOR THE QUEER GUY

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 03:30 pm
This is a question for the evil wimmins . . .

I was listening to a movie review, which is not the point, movies don't interest me that much. However the movie was being reviewed by two gay dudes, and they made the contention that women would be attracted to the actors because they were hot. They claim that the popularity of Will and Grace stems from the fact that the gay dude in the show is hot.

So, evil wimmins, would you like your man to be mucho macho, but to look gay? Do you find gay dudes to be hot?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,381 • Replies: 38
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 03:34 pm
Can I answer this one?

<hopping up and down, waving hand frantically>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 03:34 pm
Sure darlin' . . . but i ain't a gonna wear that vest ! ! !
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 03:39 pm
I dont know that I like the 'typical' image of a gay dude..

but then again, some of them runts are pretty dang hot.
I sorta lean to the big burly big chested curly haired silent perv type.. Shocked
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 03:40 pm
Sorry, i'm already spoken for . . .
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 03:41 pm
well, whaddya know
all except the perv bit
oh wait...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 03:51 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 04:00 pm
I've been told several times that tv gay men are not your typical gay man. The ones that are really out there are just average guys.

However, back to the point....yes, women are attracted to hot, gay men. Why? #1: Because they are nice to look at and they smell great. #2: Because they don't pose a threat to us.

BUT....Will and Grace has done so well, IMO, because being gay on tv is the chic thing to be. (Note I said on tv) And to be a "fag hag" like Grace is also very chic. People like to see the happy side of gayness. The fun side. The clean side. People can say "Well I am gay friendly. I watch Will and Grace every week!". They can be a part of Gay America without actually being part of Gay America.

That's why I think Will and Grace has done so well.

And it's funny as hell.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 04:11 pm
and Eric McCormack is schweet.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 04:32 pm
OK, i was just kiddin' . . . i'll wear the vest . . .
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 05:09 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

I sorta lean to the big burly big chested curly haired silent perv type.. Shocked

That's odd so do I and I'm gay...I guess this further destroys the myth of all gays loving wispy boys.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 05:43 pm
Re: STRAIGHT EYE FOR THE QUEER GUY
Setanta wrote:

So, evil wimmins, would you like your man to be mucho macho, but to look gay? Do you find gay dudes to be hot?

Gay in what way?....'Nancy' Gay, or 'macho' gay.....neither thanks.

Do I find gay dudes hot...nup no way, mind you I saw this stunningly hot guy on the beach walking his dog once, he had the most beautiful toned and tanned body with long wavy dark hair ....then much to my viewing dissapointment his boyfriend came skipping along wearing little hotpants and dragging this Poodle thing along adorned with silly ribbons etc and I was like.....blah, what a waste!

as for 'Will and Grace' I love the humor of 'Jack' and 'Karen' more so..
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 05:56 pm
Re: STRAIGHT EYE FOR THE QUEER GUY
KiwiChic wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Gay in what way?....'Nancy' Gay, or 'macho' gay.....neither thanks.

Do I find gay dudes hot...nup no way, mind you I saw this stunningly hot guy on the beach walking his dog once, he had the most beautiful toned and tanned body with long wavy dark hair ....then much to my viewing dissapointment his boyfriend came skipping along wearing little hotpants and dragging this Poodle thing along adorned with silly ribbons etc and I was like.....blah, what a waste!

as for 'Will and Grace' I love the humor of 'Jack' and 'Karen' more so..

Whenever I make a comment about a good looking lady being a lesbian and it being a waste because she is, I am quickly reminded that it's not a waste to her girlfriend!
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 05:59 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

I think you need to go get laid, your drool is getting the floor wet! Laughing
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 05:59 pm
of course its not a waste to 'their' partners.....obviously
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 06:00 pm
KiwiChic wrote:
of course its not a waste to 'their' partners.....obviously

:wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 06:04 pm
I prefer to be the butch one in any relationship Cool
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 10:02 pm
Several years ago, for some very odd reason, you could almost count on the simple fact that if I was attracted to a guy, nine times out of ten, he was gay. My track record was ridiculous. Every guy who caught my eye turned out to be gay. At the club (gay guys in denial go to straight clubs), in the department store where I worked, even at church. It would be crystal clear to my friends that the guy was gay and once they pointed it out, it was obvious to me as well but initially, all I could see was a great looking, well-dressed guy.
Crazy.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 10:41 pm
I see that the "evil wimmins" have identified themselves....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 11:13 pm
One of my most serious love affairs was with a fellow who turned out to be gay. That was in '71. My experiences with him don't fit the usual presumptions. Decades later we still talk, though there was the odd decade when I didn't get what the hell was wrong, and cried a lot for a couple of years.
He had tried to tell me, and I was obtuse.

I remember being obtuse.

At this point, he and his mate and I are, if not tight, near tight. There are certain wry comments I could make, but hey, I won't. He has advanced heart disease, and he and mate and I have had some long talks, every couple of years. Love has many channels. I always appreciated him as a person, and he, me.

After 35 years yearning is out the window. Substance does last though.
0 Replies