Iraqi Voter: Dems can go to hell

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 07:33 am
http://thepoliticalteen.net/2005/12/13/gotohell

Audio File:

Quote:

"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done and President Bush, let them go to hell"

- Iraqi Citizen, voter Betty Dawisha
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,786 • Replies: 57
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 07:56 am
I haven't listened to it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was a Shia. Five years from now, Iraq will be a strong ally of Iran.

Here's some hope, though.

"The most senior British general in Iraq, Lt Gen Nick Houghton, told the BBC the elections give "growing confidence" that coalition forces can begin to withdraw in the "relatively near future, certainly during the first half of next year" if the conditions are right."........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4530226.stm

I'll accept a happy enough Iraq for now, so that we can all get the bloody hell out of there.

The world knows how it will end up eventually, though.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 08:12 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
I haven't listened to it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was a Shia. Five years from now, Iraq will be a strong ally of Iran.

"The most senior British general in Iraq, Lt Gen Nick Houghton, told the BBC the elections give "growing confidence" that coalition forces can begin to withdraw in the "relatively near future, certainly during the first half of next year" if the conditions are right."........

I'll accept a happy enough Iraq for now, so that we can all get the bloody hell out of there.

No, the world does NOT know how it will end up.

What you state, IMO, is how YOU think it will end up.

You very well may be wrong.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 08:18 am
Betty Dawishi?????

Betty?

Seriously?

This is like that girl that was supposed to be representative of Iraqi women but ended up not even been living there for something like the past 20 years, right?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 08:20 am
squinney wrote:
Betty Dawishi?????

Betty?

Seriously?

This is like that girl that was supposed to be representative of Iraqi women but ended up not even been living there for something like the past 20 years, right?

How would feel about Betty if she held your opinion?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 08:26 am
You have to put a positive spin on this. Squinney is profiling.

This is a step in the right direction.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 08:33 am
Re: Iraqi Voter: Dems can go to hell
gungasnake wrote:
http://thepoliticalteen.net/2005/12/13/gotohell

Audio File:

Quote:

"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done and President Bush, let them go to hell"

- Iraqi Citizen, voter Betty Dawisha

I missed the part about how she said democrats can go to hell.... I believe that's your spin Mr. toothless serpent.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 08:34 am
cjhsa wrote:

Laughing

As the polls closed in Iraq this morning, the early reports are that they had the best turnout ever and things are looking good.

(The Democrats really really hate that you know.)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 08:55 am
cjhsa wrote:

How is squinney profiling? Please elaborate.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 08:56 am
woiyo wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

I would bet, were I in Vegas, that the majority of the world shares Lord Ellpus' opinion.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:00 am
BVT, I don't see how you can miss that.

"Betty" obviously can't be a real Iraqi, can she?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:09 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

I would bet, were I in Vegas, that the majority of the world shares Lord Ellpus' opinion.

Thanks for helping me prove the point.

We have gone from LORDS "THE WORLD KNOWS" to BLUES "THE MAJORITY OF THE WORLD".

Vegas might place the odds at even money that you both are correct, but I have seen many favorites lose.

One question BLUE - Do you HOPE it works out in Iraq?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:10 am
cjhsa wrote:
BVT, I don't see how you can miss that.

"Betty" obviously can't be a real Iraqi, can she?

but that's her name, chosen not by squinney but by herself, so again I ask, how is squinney profiling?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:12 am
woiyo wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

Vegas might place the odds at even money that you both are correct, but I have seen many favorites lose.

do I hope what works out is the question? Would I hope they could have a free society? Of course. My bigger wish is that we hadn't blown them and their country to bits, losing precious resources both human and financial, of our own in the process. I find both hopes and wishes to be reasonable.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:24 am
Betty recieved her Master of Arts at the Center for Humanistic Studies located in Michigan, in 1987. Her husband, Saman, recieved his Master of Arts from the same institution in 2004. They both made a financial contribution to CHS in '04. (PDF File)

Quote:
Well, one Iraqi voter in Detroit doesn't seem to fit the media's stereotype of your average Iraqi. (no duh!)

While being interviewed by a Detroit TV News station, Betty Dawisha, an Iraqi citizen who had just finished voting, had this to say:.....
link
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:30 am
Well, it seems - according to Iraquian media - that a lot of Sunnis voted this time as well: turnout is so big that the vote was extended one hour.

Turnout in the four polling stations in Germany seems to be as low as it was in January: only about 1/4 of all Iranians voted then.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:47 am
BBB
Lord Ellpus is correct.

Neither country could prevail in the Iran-Iraq war. They both gave up from exhaustion.

Then along came stupid George W. Bush and the Neocons. Just what Iran wanted---to defeat Iraq, liberate the Shiite population to expand their Islamic mullah domination of the area.

Iran's agent in the US and in Iraq was/is Ahmud Chalabi, the darling of the neocons and the greatest con artist in the world.

Bush et al played right into the game plan of the Iranians and al Qaeda. It takes real talent to screw up that badly.

BBB
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:51 am
woiyo wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

do I hope what works out is the question? Would I hope they could have a free society? Of course. My bigger wish is that we hadn't blown them and their country to bits, losing precious resources both human and financial, of our own in the process. I find both hopes and wishes to be reasonable.

I don't. Do you wish that we hadn't blown ordinary Germans to bits in WW 2? That is, do you wish we hadn't engaged the Axis powers at all to avoid blowing the civilians to bits? If perchance you deign to give an actual answer, try to make it an answer to the question asked, rather than to some question that you wish I had asked. I await one of your comic, off topic answers.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:54 am
Another famous Brandon red herring. Germany declared war on the United States. Iraq did not declare war on the United States. Oranges are not apples.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:56 am
Setanta wrote:
Another famous Brandon red herring. Germany declared war on the United States. Iraq did not declare war on the United States. Oranges are not apples.

The difference you refer to is not relevant to my argument, nor are the two countries' latitudes, nor their mean heights above sea level. BVT is implying that the mere fact that we have blown civilians to bits in and of itself makes the action wrong. I am citing a counter example in which we blew civilians to bits, and yet the prevailing judgement is that fighting Nazi Germany was necessary.
0 Replies