Failed my driving test! Am I the stupidest one here?

mismi

Tue 4 Sep, 2007 02:53 pm
I know the test is a necessity...but it is certainly no comfort when you see drivers doing what they want when they want...scary as all get out. You know every one of the people (more than likely) passed the dadgum test and yet they drive like idiots. What is really scary is that they allowed my 95 year old grandad to renew his liscense just because he can see - they didn't test how well he responded when startled or his hearing...YIKES! A very scary thing. Defensive driving is a must! Laughing
0 Replies

jamaicangirl90

Thu 15 Nov, 2007 01:55 pm
Looks like I brought this thread back from the dead once again, but hearing you guys's stories really comforted me. I failed the driving test for after taking it for the first time, but what made it more upsetting was that a girl who came with me passed with flying colors, and the fact that I was extremely close to passing. I drove perfectly except for screwing up on parallel parking (I knocked over one of the cones in the back without realizing it). I cried for over an hour afterwards. Well, I'm taking it again in two weeks. Hopefully I'll pass this time.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Thu 15 Nov, 2007 04:47 pm
Ok thanks, really, enough now.
I'm 40yrs old, and I'm gonna start taking lessons real soon now, well, first I have to take a RedCross CPR course first. And an eye-test... Then I can do the written test. Then I can start taking driving lessons. If I pass the witten test.
Yup.
I'll tell y'all how it went.
In 2008.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 15 Nov, 2007 04:50 pm
Happy learning, Bigdice...
0 Replies

bigdice67

Thu 15 Nov, 2007 05:07 pm
Thanks, dear

been a co-driver for sooooo long now...
0 Replies

jamaicangirl90

Sun 2 Dec, 2007 01:59 pm
I passed! This past Thursday I took it a second time and passed just fine. I'm so happy. Second time's a charm, I guess
0 Replies

Sglass

Sun 2 Dec, 2007 02:15 pm
Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. I failed a driving test in Massachusetts, so when I went back to repeat the test, a friend of mine who went with me , who had been a former Massachusetts cop, knew the guy that was giving me the test They had gone to cop school together. Anyway, my friend kept the cop distracted and I passed the test. I think.
0 Replies

sturaylen

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 03:23 pm
failing
Failed yesterday
had 4 minors before last couple of minute van pulled straight across on roundabout, i started to break to avoid this careless idiot but she failed me Sad
good luck to everyone else, i am going to book another tomorrow
0 Replies

GreatMan

Sun 6 Jan, 2008 03:04 am
I failed two days ago. I drove during a heavy storm too. Stupid DMV didn't cancel my appointment so I had to continue. Made no minor errors but made one critical one. Stupid examiner thought I pulled a dangerous maneuver by veering away from a big puddle too quickly. The BIASED IDIOT criticized me for saving both our lives. I HATE DMV employees! The morons need something exciting to do with their lives rather than acting superior and cocky because they control whether or not we can drive.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Sun 6 Jan, 2008 01:10 pm
"saving both our lives"? That must've been one hell of a puddle! Laughing

Better luck next time...maybe cancel the appt. yourself if it's bad weather again...
0 Replies

Chai

Sun 6 Jan, 2008 01:55 pm
GreatMan wrote:
I failed two days ago. I drove during a heavy storm too. Stupid DMV didn't cancel my appointment so I had to continue. Made no minor errors but made one critical one. Stupid examiner thought I pulled a dangerous maneuver by veering away from a big puddle too quickly. The BIASED IDIOT criticized me for saving both our lives. I HATE DMV employees! The morons need something exciting to do with their lives rather than acting superior and cocky because they control whether or not we can drive.

I would have failed you for your attitude.
0 Replies

llblwskydrgn

Wed 26 Mar, 2008 06:18 pm
=(
I flunked my driving test today...
I'm glad I found this topic though because I felt really stupid for flunking since none of my friends have had to take the behind the wheel test more than once.

I made one critical: I guess I cut a turn too short and was too close to parked cars for the tester lady.
It was all over in about ten minutes, all I have to say was it sucked. ;_;
0 Replies

raprap

Wed 26 Mar, 2008 07:00 pm
Recently I relocated and changed states--I had no problem with the operators licence exam for cages, but I did have some problems with the motorcycle endorsement. It seems that in Indiana they administer a test that was written by someone who obviously has never ridden a motorcycle and may not even realize that motorcycles have less than four wheels.

Several questions were contrary to my 30+ years experience on two wheels. One was a result of the test authors obvious ignorance on road hazards unique to motorcycles, another was apparent because of the authors ignorance of motorcycle physics, but the third is a recommendation that I would recommend to any motor Vehicle operator---that is---when in traffic, always yield to the driver on the cell phone. Why you may ask? Because they aren't paying attention.

Rap
0 Replies

roadwarrior

Tue 31 Mar, 2009 02:46 pm
i just passed me driving test today, after 4 tries. oh yes.you can not give up the fight guys and girls.believe in your self.over and out...the road warrior
0 Replies

MadMorgan

Mon 27 Apr, 2009 12:09 pm
@cyphercat,
I'm 19, and I failed my first test today. I've seen around the net that people who fail their test generally blame it on the instructor or something. Me, I can't parallel park that well. Neither you, nor I, are alone. It happens. My instructor told me that 85% of people fail their firsts drivers test.
0 Replies

ckli1326

Fri 24 Jul, 2009 12:42 pm
@CrazyDiamond,
dude that's nothing. I just failed the test for the second time. Last time I was supposed to go backwards, but I ended up drifting too far into the middle of the road (which had no lanes btw), today I just fxked up because I was overconfident. Stopped at the stop sign, looked left, nobody was anywhere nearby, I pressed the gas, start going to the right and the intructor screams "NO STOPP, CAn'T YOU SEE THAT GUY COMING? I told you this is NOT a timed test!" and I look to the left to see a car that had magically teleported from over 800meters away to right next to me. He made me go and make a u-turn. Should I bust out the cyanide and die now or after I get rejected from all of my colleges?
0 Replies

alex44

Fri 28 Aug, 2009 10:27 pm
i failed written test ...............

0 Replies

BetterSafeThanSafari

Wed 13 Jan, 2010 05:19 pm
@cyphercat,
I just failed my second time today, don't worry you're not the only one who feels stupid. I FEEL LIKE I LET THE WORLD DOWN....AGAIN!
tsarstepan

Wed 13 Jan, 2010 05:49 pm
@BetterSafeThanSafari,
Umm... hopefully cyphercat got her or his license already considering he opened this thread in 2005.

Anyway, I failed my first driving test as I was a nervous wreck.

I remember a couple of the faults counted against me in the test:
1. It literally rained for less then 2 minutes and stopped right before the test. The tester faulted me for not putting on the windshield wipers despite the fact the window was 95% clear of water;
2. I stopped a foot past the line into a crosswalk;

It took me about 6 months to take the test for the second time. My mother had to drag me to it. Passed it.

Oh and welcome to a2k, BetterSafeThanSafari. How long do you have to wait until you can take the test again?
dadpad

Wed 13 Jan, 2010 05:54 pm
During my test i backed out of an angle parking bay. Intending to move forward I lfted my foot of the clutch, I of course went backward because i had not changed out of reverse.
0 Replies