Failed my driving test! Am I the stupidest one here?

satinlady5

Wed 19 Apr, 2006 08:32 am
I failed my driving test today
Hi, I failed my driving test today, my nerves just shot to pieces.. I ended up stalling the car after parking in a parking bay, that was at the start of the test.. I was also had for speeding 2 miles over 30mph and I was also had on my mirrors, rear observation.. I feel such a prat, couldn't feel any lower than I do right now.. It was all to do with nerves.. Last month I did one of those intensive driving courses that was for 5 days starting on the Monday and ending on the friday with the test.. Well I did the driving all week but on the Friday, day of the test.. I was told at the test centre that my driving test was cancelled because the examiner had to go home ill. My confidence was shot to bits.. That was the 29th March.. Any was the company booked me another test for the 19th April (today) and I had to go straight out and do the test without no lessons beforehand, and with that my nerves were terrible..I knew this morning that I wasn't feeling the best but went for it anyway.. I knew I would fail..My confidence was gone. I live in a big city and haven't been living here that long.. I don't know anyone apart from driving instructors to go out for lessons with..I have to book another test now for May and pay for a few more lessons the week before the test..more money again.. Does anyone else feel as bad as me on here let me know...
dagmaraka

Wed 19 Apr, 2006 08:37 am
welcome, satinlady. plenty people fail driving tests. including people who've been driving for years. nerves do a lot. i'm sure that with a few extra lessons your confidence will be boosted and you'll do just fine. it's not a big deal, it's just a silly hassle, that's all.
0 Replies

Melitz

Mon 24 Apr, 2006 06:55 am
mmhhmm
I hear ya there! don't worry i feel your pain....im retaking mine thurday im nervous but im just gonna keep practicing until then! Surprised so im praying i pass!
0 Replies

satinlady5

Mon 1 May, 2006 10:22 am
good luck!
Hi just got your reply, how did you driving test go after? Did you pass it? I have got another one coming up soon and I am gonna go out the day before the test to practice to make sure I get the practice just before the test so I don't lose my confidence.. I really don't like the thought of these driving tests, if I fail this one as well I am going to look into having hypnosis for driving test nerves, I heard it does work with some people? let me know how you get on..
0 Replies

butterfly0404

Sun 7 May, 2006 06:56 am
I failed twice
HI I FEEL REALLY EMBARRASSED BECAUSE I FAILED YESTERDAY FOR THE SECOND TIME. I KNOW THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE FAILS THE FIRST TIME, BUT TWICE? BY THE WAY I AM FROM CONNECTICUT AND IT'S HORRIBLE BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO WAIT A LOT JUST TO GET YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT AND IF YOU FAIL YOU WAIT AT LEAST ONE MONTH. I HAD TO WAIT THREE MONTHS AFTER I FAILED BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING AVAILABLE BEFORE. THE FIRST TIME I HAD BEEN PRACTICING FOR TWO WEEKS AND I DID PERFECT EXCEPT WHEN THE INSTRUCTOR TOLD ME TO BACK ON THE PARKING LOT, I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT BUT I TRIED UNTIL HE GOT TIRED AND TOLD ME HOW TO DO IT. AND THEREFORE I PRACTICE THAT ONCE AND AGAIN BUT I WAS EXTREMELY NERVOUS, AND THIS TIME IT TOOK ME BY SURPRISE I HAD TO GET ON THE HIGHWAY, ALTHOUGH I HAVE DONE IT BEFORE A LOT OF TIMES, I WAS BEING TOO CAREFUL TO NOT SPEED UP A LOT SO I FAILED FOR NOT SPEEDING UP ENOUGH.I PARKED PERFECTLY THOUGH.( IN CONNECTICUT THERE IS A MINIMUM SPEED LIMIT TOO). NOW I HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN, INCLUDING THE WRITTEN TEST AND WAIT AT LEAST TWO MONTHS. Crying or Very sad

IS THERE ANY ADVICE? ANY COMFORTING STORY? ANYONE FROM CONNECTICUT THAT CAN TELL ME WHAT ELSE CAN I EXPECT?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Sun 7 May, 2006 12:39 pm
I'm sorry, butterfly! Sad I know it must be awful to have failed again, but hey, you know exactly what went wrong and it's something you can easily correct. I'm sure you won't have any trouble going faster! Laughing

It must really suck to have to wait so long to take it again; all I can say is don't obsess thinking about it if you can help it. Try to put it out of your mind as best you can.

Let us know how it goes, and welcome to a2k! Smile
0 Replies

butterfly0404

Sun 7 May, 2006 01:12 pm
THANK YOU
THANK YOU, I WILL TRY TO RELAX AND TO NOT GET OBSESSED ABOUT IT IT IS ACTUALLY WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW. AND THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE. Smile
0 Replies

okie dokie

Sun 30 Jul, 2006 04:28 am
Hi! I'm so nervous for my driver's test which is in three weeks. I've been stressing over this all summer. I feel so stupid for not having my license since I am already 18 but I just didn't have the time to learn because I was so busy with ballet and school. Now, since I have a summer free my parents have been on my case about it and I have slowly improved and getting more comfortable driving. I feel embarassed that my brother who is three years younger just got his permit and he is pushing to learn to drive. I never took the road test before but I want to pass before I leave for college and I only have one chance before I leave. I've been having lessons with an instructor once a week and trying to drive as much as possible with my parents. What can I do to calm my nerves down? I'm so nervous I'm stressing over it 3 weeks in advance.
0 Replies

the prince

Sun 30 Jul, 2006 04:32 am
I flunked for dangerous, agressive driving at roundabouts Smile)
0 Replies

msolga

Sun 30 Jul, 2006 05:21 am
But I would have thought you didn't need a driver's licence, oh princely one! I mean, you'd have a chauffeur to take you from the palace to wherever you wish to go, surely? :wink:
0 Replies

Shapeless

Sun 30 Jul, 2006 06:59 am
If you live in a part of the country that has heavy winters, the trick is to schedule your exam in December. If there's snow and ice on the ground, they won't ask you to do anything difficult out of fear for their own safety. I wish I'd known that in high school... maybe I wouldn't have failed my first time either!

ossobuco wrote:
But have you looked at the California booklet lately?

It's totally ludicrous. When I moved to California I had to take the written test to get my license transferred, and I came within one question of failing. In New York, the written exam has questions like "What do you do at a stop sign?" That was an actual question on my exam. On my California exam one of the questions was "How tall does your truck have to be if you are transporting live animals?" What the hell?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Sun 30 Jul, 2006 12:07 pm
Okie Dokie, don't stress over your age! I was 25 when I finally got mine! Laughing Your eighteen doesn't even compare with that. Very Happy

Who cares when other people get their license? Why do we make it this big thing that symbolizes being an adult? It's just driving a car, it's really not a symbol of how adult you are. So don't get too concerned with that part. Believe me, lots and lots of other people don't have their licenses until they're older.

Relax, you've had lessons with an instructor, you're ahead of the game. Think of all the people you know from school who are total doofuses who managed to get their licenses! Also, don't you find yourself noticing when you're practicing that lots of the drivers around you are driving like twits? They all got their licenses! Shocked Laughing You'll do fine.
0 Replies

okie dokie

Sun 30 Jul, 2006 09:56 pm
Thanks, Cyphercat! It would be nice to finally get the burden of getting a license off my shoulders before I leave for college. I know I shouldn't be comparing myself but its difficult when my younger brother is pushing to drive. It makes me feel embarassed and stupid. *sigh* I hope in the next few weeks before my test I improve and have the confidence to take the test. I'm scared that I will fail and I probably will. The corrections my parents and my instructor give me make me feel like I suck. I can definately say that I have gained more confidence while driving from when I first started and I guess trying one attempt for the license won't hurt me. I really want to pass though!
0 Replies

okie dokie

Sun 30 Jul, 2006 09:57 pm
Does anyone have any tips on how to not stress about this?
0 Replies

kezzag

Wed 2 Aug, 2006 02:04 pm
I failed my driving test today and im really upset !
I took my driving test for the first time today and i was sooo nervous ! but i managed to keep my self intact i failed on 1 serious which was that i mounted the kerb doing the reversing to the left it was only slightly and i managed to sort it out and get to the correct end position i only got 6 minors so if i wouldnt have done that i would have passed ! i think its really unfair cos i wasnt putting any one in danger and i got it correct in the end it should have been a minor ! its not fair i had been looking forward to this for ages now i have to wait another 3 weeks before i can take it again and pay another £80 !
0 Replies

Shapeless

Wed 2 Aug, 2006 02:59 pm
There's no predicting what they'll get you for. I have a friend who failed his first time for failing to check his mirrors properly. Not failing to check the mirrors, mind you, but for failing to do it properly.
0 Replies

surfergirl

Fri 4 Aug, 2006 09:17 am
Hey ppl

Just a note to say don't give up just keep taking your test until u get it! I failed 4 times and was nearly at my witts end..but I passed yesterday with ONE MINOR on pulling out of the test centre.. just keep at itxx
0 Replies

Falconsgirl54

Fri 4 Aug, 2006 03:45 pm
I failed my Road test today. It was totally lame.
I had the examiner PLUS a woman she was training....So pretty much I was screwed from the beginning. (ya kno she's gotta be able to point out "every little thing" so the other woman knows) Mad
She was outside the car telling me "Left Turn signal.....Right Turn Signal...etc."
She then walks around back where I couldnt hear her and begins telling me the same thing....except I cant hear her so I have to stick my head out the window and be like "WHHHAT?" ....She yelled for me to "turn my vehicle back on"....which IT WAS ON!!!!!!!!! lol....so I'm sure that counted against me.....But IT WAS RUNNING!
She then got in the car and we went....well she just took me up to the grocery store made me turn around and we headed back to the DMV (i thought it was kinda odd)
She told me to park and then began telling me EVERYTHING I had done wrong (all this took place within' 5 minutes)
I apparently didnt make a complete stop at a stop sign....Turned too fast into the grocery store Parking lot.....and turned too slow back into the dmv....
Needless to say I had already failed from the beginning for not stopping completely......
And then Fatty in the backseat didnt want to get in my car b/c there were "crumbs"......WELL SORRY!! crumbs are a part of life.....(she should have just thought of it as an afternoon snack for herself! Laughing )
It was just ridiculous...I drive EVERYWHERE with my dad (permit) and I do just fine....Needless to say I cried for 2 hours.....lol
She also told me I cant come back for 2 weeks.
I guess more than anything the thing at upsets me is I'm 18 and cant pass but some friends of mine who are 15 and 16 said "it was a breeze" and passed on the first try. Urgggggggggggggggggh!
0 Replies

jem06

Fri 1 Sep, 2006 10:27 pm
Driving test in MA.
Hi!

Has anyone on here taken the driving test (road test) in Massachusetts lately? I was reading your war stories, and feel for all of you who didn't pass. i know someone one here mentioned they didn't get their license until 25, well I am 27 and I still don't drive --- it's been for various reasons; I always worked/went to school in the city so i took the T, never really had a strong NEED to drive, but mostly it's my NERVES. I haven't practiced that much at all, but needless to say it's about time. I've practiced here and there with my mom, but I have issues backing up and cannot parallell park for s**t. I have a permit (like my 3rd one!) but i am nervous about the road test. i don't know if I should just practice more, and go up in my mom's car, or take professional lessons, which is expensive. Anyway, have any of you taken the Mass. road test lately? I'd be taking it in Quincy, MA. I've heard that some of them just make you drive around the block, and others will make you do everything!

thanks!!

Jem06
0 Replies

cyphercat

Sat 2 Sep, 2006 06:30 pm
<sigh>

this is the Thread that Wouldn't Die! Undoubtedly the longest-running thread I've ever started... Laughing Humiliating.

Anyhoo-- sorry Jem, don't know about the Mass. test. But just focus on how good it will feel to triumphantly present a real-live driver's license anytime you're asked for one! No more mumbling sheepishly, "Do you accept other forms of ID?" Yayyy!! It really is lovely.
0 Replies