Failed my driving test! Am I the stupidest one here?

iTOMS

Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:34 am
@cyphercat,
Exact same thing happened to me. I was going for a left turn and the light was green. I saw a car coming towards me from the opposite direction, but they were pretty far away. My driving instructor just freaks out and tells me to pull into a parking lot. He tells me to get to the passengers side because I just failed the test. I did everything right, but that one little mistake caused me to fail the entire test. Surprisingly, I kept my cool because I was furious. I've been driving for four years and I already have a car, but now I have to wait another 30 days to drive it. And, another that infuriated me was the instructor's attitude towards the whole situation. He just started laughing after we returned inside the DMV place. I was seriously about to go crazy, but kept my cool. So cheer up everyone, you are not the only one who failed your driving test. Things just happen. It's part of being human.
roger

Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:13 pm
@iTOMS,
It's almost infuriating that what you need to do to pass the test has so little relationship to the way you will, and often must drive once you have a license.
iTOMS

Sun 18 Mar, 2012 08:29 am
@roger,
Exactly
iTOMS

Sun 15 Apr, 2012 08:04 am
@iTOMS,
I'm about to take my driver's test again tomorrow. I think I'm prepared, but there's always that fear of failing again. I really hope my nerves don't get the best of me this time. Wish me luck!
Ceili

Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:38 pm
@iTOMS,
Remember, do up the seat belt, fix your mirrors, keep both hands on the wheel and relax. You'll do fine.
iTOMS

Sun 15 Apr, 2012 09:10 pm
@Ceili,
Thanks!!!
0 Replies

iTOMS

Sun 15 Apr, 2012 10:53 pm
@iTOMS,
I am so ready to get the driver's test over with. I can't even go to sleep. It just feels like I can't do anything until I pass this test. Sad
I'll make sure to tell you guys if I pass or not. However, I don't think anybody reads this post anymore. Oh well, I'm sure someone will look back on this one day. Wish me luck, again. Smile
Ceili

Sun 15 Apr, 2012 11:28 pm
@iTOMS,
Tom, relax. Go to sleep.
Worrying about it isn't going to make it happen any faster. Just remember not to speed, take your time, follow the road signs, breathe. Good luck.
I await the good news. No pressure though.
iTOMS

Mon 16 Apr, 2012 07:26 pm
@Ceili,
I PASSED! It was pretty easy and the instructor was very nice and laid back.
ossobuco

Mon 16 Apr, 2012 07:46 pm
@iTOMS,
Good!
0 Replies

Ceili

Tue 17 Apr, 2012 12:24 am
@iTOMS,
That's great. Congrats. Now remember, driving is a privilege, not a right. It takes years to become a really good driver, so don't showboat just because you've got a license. Too many kids get killed that way. Remember what you learned and drive defensively and always treat the road with respect. Accidents can happen in the blink of an eye. Better to be alive and healthy than hip and live in a wheelchair.
Now with that being said. Go forth young man, you've earned your stripes. Wink Very Happy
0 Replies

tmdwllwdmt

Thu 29 Nov, 2012 11:11 pm
I failed my second test today. I don't understand why I keep making these stupid mistakes. The first test I failed because my instructor told me to go to the "left lane" and I went all the way over to the left lane where only the left turn is...she meant "left lane" where the straight arrow and left turn is...I'm pretty sure that was called a "center lane" but oh well... Today, I just was a wreck...I was the first driving test for today's DMV and I was like "good morning" and she just ignored me... then she told me to show me where the emergency breaks were and misunderstanding I turned on the emergency light...and she started yelling "YOU BETTER LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY EXACTLY OR YOU ARE NOT GOING TO PASS! UNDERSTAND!" and I was like..."yes ma'm" and I just went down hill from there...I was so nervous and scared I couldn't tell her what the speed limit was and I turned left without looking at the light....the crazy thing was I looked both ways but not straight...After I was done I just cried the whole day...
madelinek

Tue 22 Jan, 2013 01:30 pm
Failed my second test today....pretty gutted but I'm going to get more instruction and then take it again in a month or so.
First time: Stalled our new manual transmission in the middle of the road, and then didn't brake as it proceeded to run into the curb. Needless to say, I was not used to that clutch system yet.
Second time (after we invested in a new automatic): On a right turn I went to the second lane. Still sore....
roger

Tue 22 Jan, 2013 03:37 pm
@tmdwllwdmt,
Your proctor erred. If she said left lane and you properly and legally entered the left turn lane, she had no cause for harrassment and intimidation.
0 Replies

roger

Tue 22 Jan, 2013 03:39 pm
@madelinek,
madelinek wrote:

On a right turn I went to the second lane. Still sore....

Geez, I hate to pile on, but I really hate to see people do that. I like the opposing drivers to be predictable, and that wasn't.
madelinek

Tue 22 Jan, 2013 04:13 pm
@roger,
Oh I know it was wrong, I just do stupid things when I'm really nervous.
roger

Tue 22 Jan, 2013 05:36 pm
@madelinek,
I know what you mean.
0 Replies

Ragman

Tue 22 Jan, 2013 05:38 pm
@madelinek,
You have my sympathy. If you get that nervous when driving, perhaps you need more practice time behind the wheel before you get your license.

Maybe even some tranquilizer meds?
REBELROUSER360

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:47 pm
I'm 16 and I can officially take my drivers test anytime now and pretty nervous, but everyone tells me I'll do fine.... :-)
0 Replies

madelinek

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 03:56 pm
@Ragman,
It's not that I get nervous when I'm driving, I just really don't like driving in pressurized situations like that. I'm definitely getting more practice. Before I drove only with my parents and they're not as picky as an examiner is. I'm going to get more driving hours with a driving school and then I'll try for my license again.
0 Replies