Failed my driving test! Am I the stupidest one here?

erriebeau

Sat 18 May, 2013 07:58 pm
I took my road test last year here in mass and failed again.I have the same guy everytime I go. I want someone different. I do stupid things and work on stuff and fail everytime. I hate that parallel paraking is even on the tsest, it's one of the things that I fail for, other than having the same instructor, which he makes me nervous since he failed me everytime i went. I am starting to think that I will never get it.
cicerone imposter

Sat 18 May, 2013 08:50 pm
@erriebeau,
It takes practice. Start practicing until you can park your car. Look for a web site that gives instructions on how to park.
0 Replies

consolecowboy

Sun 18 Aug, 2013 09:57 pm
I ran a red light....
what a dip ****!!
obviously critical error = fail...
on the up side i only had 3 bad marks for everything else and was on the way back to the depot having a lovly chat about how good i was doing and how i passed etc.... just before depot i ran a amber light , she said it was red...
anyway i failed... dosnt phase me its the examiners that are criminals, they work in a obvious conflict of interest by having a weekly quota of failed attempts the must match to insure they keep there job as corporate revenue generation officers... lets face it, if we all pass first go they dont make money now do they.
0 Replies

natsuyue

Mon 19 Aug, 2013 05:46 pm
got some a**hole at the MA greenfield rmv. when he called people up he looked like he was in a bad mood. i remember thinking "god i hope thats not the examiner" he was. he failed me 2 minutes into the test. i got a mark for not stopping at at stop sign which was bull. i did stop but here was foliage in the way so after stopping i pulled forward just enough to see around the turn to be safe. that was marked as running a stop sign. then he asked for a 3 point turn i did it perfectly and it was on a dead end street. i looked behind me ect. he marked that i did not. the only thing i could agree with was i did not use my signals to turn left/right when doing the 3 point turn. such bull.
i did not even drive long enough to call it a test. this guy ALSO failed another kid before me and when i looked over from my car window the kid was asking why and the guy just left without telling him. he did the same to me. he just handed me a paper with negative checks on those things. my sponsor even said he was a complete douche.

now my roommate has to drive me to work and school on top f his. this examiner was in a foul mood and because of that made my life very difficult.
i dont know if anyone else is trying to take their test in MA but there are no openings at all for 2 months or longer. hey keep shutting down RMVs here.
0 Replies

johnnythundacat1232

Sat 21 Sep, 2013 12:36 am
1st the guy behind the counter asked me if I parked in the testing area before coming in. I said "I parked in the parking lot" He goes "Well I figured you parked in a parking lot kid. I asked if you parked in the test area." So immediately my confidence goes down the drain. I said no. Had to go out and park again.

Watched a man walk out shaking his head disappointedly. A really cute asian high school aged girl skipping through the doors with a huge smile on her face, ready to take her license picture. 1 cute little girl came out bawling her eyes out. I felt so bad for her. She cried with her mom on the phone for a good 15 minutes.

So I get called. As soon as I stand up I realize I have my license application forms that I printed and filled out at home in my hands. I fumbled over them and handed them to my mom figuring I didn't need them yet. I look up and he says "You sure your ready to take this?" Which immediately got me wondering if I look like a degenerate. Thats all I could think about on the walk downstairs.

We get to the parking lot and there is an indian man getting a driving lesson trying to back into the space to the right of my car. So I ask if I should wait for him to finish. My instructor stares at me blankly. SO I decide to wait. 5 seconds pass and my instructor sternly says "Hes waving to let you know you can get into the car kid" So I say "Oh, okay thanks!" So we get in. Seatbelts. Mirrors. Blinker. "Okay where did you say I should go?" He says: "Take a left out of here" I said "Okay a left. Should I pull forward or backwards?" He says "This is the last time I'm gonna say it so listen to me. Turn LEFT out of the parking lot. Okay? Do you want me to speak more slowly?" I said "Yeah, sorry, I don't know this area. I think I just found the exit in my rear view mirror." He says nothing. My anxiety is peaking now. His silence kills me.

I finally begin to back up. Screeech. "Whoops... I put the parking break on when I parked here. I heard you guys like to see us use our parking break." He says nothing. I take it off and begin to back up.

We get down the road and he gives me my first instruction. "I want you to turn left coming up" I said: "Ok, turn left at the light, or take this next left?" He says "I told you to turn left. Not left at the light. Not left after the light. Take the NEXT LEFT kid." I say "Okay, sorry."

I did very well on the driving portion after that until I had to cross from a side street, through 2 lanes of right oncoming traffic into the far left lane between two islands. I had to wait a pretty long time for my chance to go. I finally saw a chance to go and as I was turning into the far lanes and simultaneously turning to watch the blue SUV I saw down the road he said "Theres a car coming" to which I replied "Okay. I know" I had enough space cushion so I took it. He didn't say anything.

He said nothing for the rest of the ride aside from directions. Finally he had me pull into a parking lot. He asked me to back into a space "Not next to that green car, but the space next to that" So I asked "Okay. Its alright if I go forward to straiten myself out as many times as I need to right?" He said "You do what you need to do alright?" I said "Okaaay.." I proceeded to back in. I went forwards and backwards 4 times I guess. Turns out that was one of my two "Fatal errors" according to the sheet I got after pulling into the dmv.

It said I didn't look both ways at a railroad crossing. Bullshit. I did. I just didn't make it apparent by moving my head) & It took me 4 times to back in. It also said "Has trouble following directions" (probably because I asked questions) and that I "Didn't check my blind spot" which I did, he was too busy watching the oncoming car to see me check it. It also said I drove over the yellow line once... Which was probably true, but it would of been nice if he had told me when I was doing it. & it said the nose of my vehicle passed the white stop line twice. He gave me a point off almost every section possible. & he wrote that my braking was too jerky.

The entire test he seemed pissed off at the world. Maybe part of it was because I was the last test & he wanted to get home to his kids. Idk. It wasn't until the test was over that he finally got rid of his attitude and I could sense a new tone of empathy in his voice. Maybe its because he saw me dive into a can of gingerale to quench my anxiety driven dry mouth. Or because he looked at my permit card and saw that I'm almost 23 years old and he just set my already dismal underdeveloped life back another month.

Whatever. I hope I get a nice person next time.
roger

Sat 21 Sep, 2013 02:19 am
@johnnythundacat1232,
I hope you get a better preson next time, too. It's just amazing the way small people get when they have too much power.

Nicely written story, by the way.
0 Replies

Kandi-queen

Thu 26 Sep, 2013 02:22 pm
Did my driving test today couple mins in thought I had everything down pact till the awful woman asked me my hand signal started out fine til I forgot the third and got a automatic fail I felt so stupid this was like technically my first try...
0 Replies

mirandas

Sat 23 Aug, 2014 07:55 am
@satinlady5,
Yup, I live in MA and just failed my driving test today, and I'm already 19. It was stupid stuff mostly( the guy though I didn't have good control of the car, but ho can I when I drive an Buick and this car was MUCH more sensitive, of course I'm going to go over a curb because the car is so freakin sensitive and I'm not use to it). Anyway, just glad I'm not the only one.
0 Replies

ahbeegail

Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:59 pm
I failed my test today. I cried in frustration, because I'm honestly not used to failing. I usually get things right the first time. I guess you're not supposed to turn in front of pedestrians. The sad part is that I don't remember doing this. Guess I have to wait two weeks now.
carloslebaron

Wed 31 Dec, 2014 11:25 pm
@cyphercat,
Quote:
Yeah, so I'm, ahem, trying to get my license at, shall we say, a more advanced age. And yes, as the thread title indicates, I failed. Not the written one, the behind-the-wheel thingie.

Why me? WHY? Did anyone else here fail their drivng test? Do you have a story or some wisdom to share, to comfort me?

You can borrow my 10 speed mountain bike.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Wed 31 Dec, 2014 11:30 pm
@ahbeegail,
ahbeegail wrote:

I failed my test today. I cried in frustration, because I'm honestly not used to failing. I usually get things right the first time. I guess you're not supposed to turn in front of pedestrians. The sad part is that I don't remember doing this. Guess I have to wait two weeks now.

so for .04% of your life you will not be driving when you want to, and now you are less likely to kill people. Have I summed up the situation?
0 Replies

superllama53

Thu 18 Jun, 2015 10:12 pm
So apparently it's okay to necro this thread? Good. I need to tell everyone how stupid I am for some reason. I took my test today and somehow I drove on the wrong side of the road at the very first intersection, because the instructor said to make a left turn and there were no lines in the street whatsoever, and my idiotic brain thought that meant I had to pull up to the intersection on the left side of the street (there was even oncoming traffic)... what the heck was I thinking??? As if that wasn't bad enough, when she said I was in the wrong lane and then yelled "GO!" I just went straight forward into the opposing street's left turn lane (unlike the one I came from, this one was actually clearly marked), pointing the wrong way, and then had to wait for people to go around me so I could turn around and head back to the DMV, with a huge procession of cars going by one after the other so I just had to sit there in painful shameful silence until it was finally safe to pull back in. I've been driving very well almost every day for two months and never made such a stupid mistake even when I was just starting out... I'd even practiced at that exact intersection multiple times. So yeah, if anybody comes across this thread in the future for the same reason I did, comfort yourself with this: at least your mistake wasn't as stupid and dangerous as mine. I was so afraid I would fail on a technicality, like bad parallel parking or a rolling stop, and first thing I do is do the single most obviously wrong thing I could think of. Not to mention I'm 22 and should've had my license years ago. The instructor had such a disappointed look on her face, like a "you're an idiot, but I'm sure you already know that, you should never have tried" kind of face... I just hope I don't get the same person next month when I have to take the test again. I never even wanted to drive in the first place, it's just a severe limiter of job choices to not be able to drive... sigh... they really need to make those consumer-ready self-driving cars already, seriously...
superllama53

Thu 2 Jul, 2015 02:12 pm
@superllama53,
Passed this time! Perhaps barely, I don't know, I don't care. All I know is I can finally stop stressing myself to death. So yeah, if anyone else finds this thread because they failed, remember-- the guy who drove on the wrong side of the street managed to pass on his second try, even though it was the same instructor. She understood it was because I was nervous and told me to just calm down and that I'll do fine, and I did. But you know what-- I'm certainly not going to drive on the wrong side of the road again. Maybe that first failure will save my life someday when I'm super tired and not thinking straight-- an experience that traumatic burns deep into your subconscious.
ossobuco

Thu 2 Jul, 2015 02:24 pm
@superllama53,
Congratulations!

I think you deserve some ice cream now.
0 Replies

Caenate

Tue 12 Sep, 2017 11:00 am
I failed today 😭I couldn't fo parallel 😭😭
tsarstepan

Tue 12 Sep, 2017 11:17 am
@Caenate,
Cheer up. You got other chances to take the test. Practice if you can.
Caenate

Tue 12 Sep, 2017 12:14 pm
I failed my driving test today😭 I couldn't parallel 😭😭😭
0 Replies

Caenate

Tue 12 Sep, 2017 12:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thank you! I was so nervous as hell! My right foot was shaking thinking i had to stop to relax myself a bit but i just went. I got 40pts😭 Parallel and poor steering control were my biggest points 😭😭 i spent a lot of money alteady. Will try again next week!
0 Replies

Caenate

Tue 12 Sep, 2017 12:27 pm
I failed today! I couldn't parallel 15pts steering control 15pts!!! Uggghhhhj soooo frustrated!!! I spent money on driving school and still fail!!! Steering? Control??? Really? Uuuughhh
cameronleon

Thu 14 Sep, 2017 11:16 pm
@Caenate,
Quote:
I failed today! I couldn't parallel 15pts steering control 15pts!!! Uggghhhhj soooo frustrated!!! I spent money on driving school and still fail!!! Steering? Control??? Really? Uuuughhh

This doesn't sound right.

Do you practice at home parallel parking and you do it right?

If yes, this is not the problem that you can't drive, but an issue that you can't control your nerves.

And this is a kind of dangerous.

For driving you must have confidence on yourself.

If you pass the test and continue having problems with controlling your nerves, then if not causing accidents you will make miserable the driving to other dudes on the road.

You are already in the last part of the race, there is no room for being afraid, you must finish this race and start a new one with a valid driver license in your hand.

You can move the car using the accelerator pedal,the brakes and the steering wheel, then you can also do parking in parallel.

I can assure you that with recovering your confidence you will pass the test, because I have lots of years with driving experience.

I did learn driving a car very young, and I didn't go to any driving school, I was always a self-taught, and I learned how to drive in 2 and a half cars.

0 Replies