I feel sooo depressed....

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:05 pm
Cool. I love alcohol-guzzling monkeys...they're so much easier to get in the sack.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:10 pm
kickycan wrote:
Cool. I love alcohol-guzzling monkeys...they're so much easier to get in the sack.

she has a sack also, she has both sex organs
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:15 pm
I wasn't trying to be dismissive or cruel, CL. I too suffer from depression. I've been on and off meds but wouldn't dream of doing so without my doctors supervision.

Finding the right dose can be very complicated. It took us a while to arrive at a very low, daily dose of Prozac that allowed me to feel like my better self.

My depressions are really incapacitating. For me, being that "self" was not at all a good thing. Stable and merely disgruntled is a much better place, an easier skin to be in.

I'll join Diane in sending good thoughts your way.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:21 pm
boomerang wrote:
I wasn't trying to be dismissive or cruel, CL. I too suffer from depression. I've been on and off meds but wouldn't dream of doing so without my doctors supervision.

I know you weren't trying to be cruel....

Quote:
Finding the right dose can be very complicated. It took us a while to arrive at a very low, daily dose of Prozac that allowed me to feel like my better self.

Sometimes finding the right doctor can be complicated also..... I tried prozac and it did nothing.

Quote:
I'll join Diane in sending good thoughts your way.

thank you, I appreciate it
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:22 pm
My wife got like this for the past couple of years, always at the onset of winter.

She now has one of THESE, and it works a treat. The change has been remarkable.

http://www.sadbox.co.uk/

She purchased this, because she was diagnosed as suffering from THIS...

http://www.ncpamd.com/seasonal.htm

You never know.......it's certainly worth a try.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:23 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Hmmmm...I don't think I have the experience for something like that. Sounds like a job for Gus or maybe Slappy.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:29 pm
kickycan wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Hmmmm...I don't think I have the experience for something like that. Sounds like a job for Gus or maybe Slappy.

you may want to inform them then, I can send pics when I get home from work if you like
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:45 pm
farmerman wrote:

Bella, depression is like any other imbalance, ya cant yell it away. It has its own reason and I look at it like a nother life. Theres a depressed guy in me thats occupying my happy guy space and that pisses me off even more.

I know. Which is what I said.

I've been there.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:47 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:

Sometimes finding the right doctor can be complicated also..... I tried prozac and it did nothing.

Prozac is the devil.

I almost beat the **** out of my roommate when I was on it.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:55 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:

Prozac is the devil.

I almost beat the **** out of my roommate when I was on it.

they out me on it for ocd when I was ten and when it made me severly depressed and suicidal (I was 10, I mean c'mon I should have been outside playing)... they took me off of it, never again!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 04:11 pm
farmerman wrote:
I get a seasonal depression and its been made worse over the years by some tragedies that Ive internalized waay too much and made myself feel guilty.
Without getting all zombed up (when I teach , I have to be at the top of my fast ball cause some of these kids come freom very diverse backgrounds and are in an elite U) Ive seen some colleagues on Prozac and they can barely reconstruct equations unless thyere written down. Being someone in the arts or sciences means learning to del with depression and even using it as a tool.

My depression goes awy by mid Jan, as the light goes higher in the sky. I do take Vit B6 and B12 and find that they can be a good temporary "little helper"
ALWAYS< ALWAYS< take Vitamin B's on a full stomach or just after a snack. Otherwise most people will blow their lunches o an empty tank.

Do you feel hopeless or sad all the time? or just at times like sunrise or sunset?

Bella, depression is like any other imbalance, ya cant yell it away. It has its own reason and I look at it like a nother life. Theres a depressed guy in me thats occupying my happy guy space and that pisses me off even more.

CL, not sure if you missed farmerman's post or not, but he has some valuable info here.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 06:28 pm
Boomer, I'm much like you. It took a long time to find medications that didn't make me feel like a zombie. That in itself is hard because you already feel shitty and you have to be able to analyze you already horrid mood. Now I take two meds and I am fairly good, just cranky once in a while and Dys is such a sweetie that he doesn't want to wring my neck when it happens.

CL, did you read Lord E's post? That is a huge one for me. I grew up in Tucson, AZ where the sun always shines. Moving to Connecticut where the winters are gray and grim, I was suicidal for a time. Having bright light makes a huge difference.

Or, move here to Albuquerque and enjoy the sun. Lots of good people here plus ossobuco is moving here within the month.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 06:32 pm
That'll scare people away, Diane...

CLady, the vitamins idea that farmerman mentioned makes sense too, in the meantime.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 06:35 pm
No way, osso, everybody is talking about coming to Albuquerque now that you're moving here. Oh ye of little faith or narcisism.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 06:37 pm
Yeh, true to both of those..

Isn't crabby once in a while a birthright?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 12:45 am
Of course, and the older you get the more satisfying crabbiness becomes. Add crankiness and curmudeonlyness (is that a word?).

We should go shopping for artsy canes. Good for jabbing sullen 15 year old boys sacking at the grocery store.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:35 am
Re: I feel sooo depressed....
Crazielady420 wrote:
Not here to complain... just trying to cheer myself up... what do you do to cheer yourself up when you are depressed? Crying or Very sad
Smoke a fat ass joint.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 07:19 am
CL, we'll see you tonight, and it'll be a good time. Know that there are people here who care about you and are listening whenever you're feeling down. <hugs>

Tonight, for-real hugs. Smile
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 08:20 am
I feel better today.... thank you guys for yesterday, it was just one of them days...
0 Replies

shortygurl

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 02:32 pm
Hey I def hear ya CL I Feel that way today actually. Yea Meds make me feel like a zombie too and not myself don't ya just love bein bipolar? I hate it sometimes your moods are just constantly changing one min u can be happy,the next mad,the next crying you just never know. If u want to cheer up try writing in your journal or thinkin happy thought like things that make u laugh................like the times we go out and say random things and play random games haha
0 Replies