I feel sooo depressed....

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:03 pm
Not here to complain... just trying to cheer myself up... what do you do to cheer yourself up when you are depressed? Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,716 • Replies: 43
No top replies

JPB

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:04 pm
what's got you down, CL?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:05 pm
Sex is always a happy way to spend some time...

What about music? It can change my mood drastically.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:10 pm
J_B wrote:
what's got you down, CL?

I am not too sure about that one J_B.... I just am.. it happens, I just deal with it as it comes... it may last longer than I like it to, but I don't have full control over that
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:11 pm
Diane wrote:
Sex is always a happy way to spend some time...

If only I had someone to do that with Confused Sad Laughing

Quote:
What about music? It can change my mood drastically.

I am at work, no music here Sad
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:15 pm
Have you tried medication, crazielady? I have clinical depression and medication helps by evening out those deep black holes.

I do hope you feel better soon. Sometimes it seems so out of control that you can wonder if it will ever leave.

I'm on my way to Denver tomorrow, but I'll be thinking of you, sending cheerful, supportive thoughts your way.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:16 pm
breathe

I mean it, slow, deep, breaths.

Put your feet flat on the floor and sit comfortably. Clear the racing thoughts and feelings from your mind. Just breathe. Inhale in to a count of four, hold it to a count of five, and exhale out to a count of seven. Don't think of anything but your counts. Take five breaths like this, closing your eyes if you can.

After the fifth breath, simply sit and be at peace for a minute. Breathe without counting, just be relaxed. Slowly let the outside world back into your thought process.

The entire exercise takes about one minute.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:19 pm
Diane wrote:
Have you tried medication, crazielady? I have clinical depression and medication helps by evening out those deep black holes.

I am bipolar.. I took myself off the meds a few years back, just didn't make me feel right

Quote:
I do hope you feel better soon. Sometimes it seems so out of control that you can wonder if it will ever leave.

thank you and yes it does... but we must be strong and get through it right!

Quote:
I'm on my way to Denver tomorrow, but I'll be thinking of you, sending cheerful, supportive thoughts your way.

thank you very much, I appreciate that
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:21 pm
J_B wrote:
breathe

I mean it, slow, deep, breaths.

Put your feet flat on the floor and sit comfortably. Clear the racing thoughts and feelings from your mind. Just breathe. Inhale in to a count of four, hold it to a count of five, and exhale out to a count of seven. Don't think of anything but your counts. Take five breaths like this, closing your eyes if you can.

After the fifth breath, simply sit and be at peace for a minute. Breathe without counting, just be relaxed. Slowly let the outside world back into your thought process.

The entire exercise takes about one minute.

Ok, I will, but I may have to do it a little later, the phones won't stop ringing long enough for me to do that right now and I can't get away from my desk
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:34 pm
Diane wrote:

She's been told several times that this will not just go away and that every few weeks or months we go though this. She won't listen so don't even bother.

Crazie, PLEASE get back to a doctor.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:38 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Diane wrote:

She's been told several times that this will not just go away and that every few weeks or months we go though this. She won't listen so don't even bother.

Crazie, PLEASE get back to a doctor.

I was waiting for this one..... They are in the middle of switching my insurance right now and I talked to my mother, she is going to recommend me to a good doctor in January, after the holidays are over and the insurance is all set... it covers therapy and all

And I do listen, though at the time I may not fully take it all in, it sticks with me, trust me it does... It echoes off the walls of my mind.

And like I posted, I am not here to complain right now at all, I am just here to try and cheer up... I am not the only person in the world that gets down and blue, so I figured others may have remedies that may help me get through this until I can see the doctor...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:47 pm
Is everyone dealing with insurance? Seriously, me and everyone else I talk to is in the middle of insurance hell.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:49 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Is everyone dealing with insurance? Seriously, me and everyone else I talk to is in the middle of insurance hell.

Laughing My company just switched over, I lost my doctor and everything (my doc. has been my doc. for 18 years!)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:53 pm
You've been diagnosed as bipolar and YOU took yourself off your meds.

I was just today reading about the guy shot by air marshalls. He was bipolar and had quit taking his meds.

It is good that you recognize when the mood is shifting.

Even without insuarace -- can't you call your old doctor and get back on the meds? Can you afford the prescription?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:58 pm
boomerang wrote:
You've been diagnosed as bipolar and YOU took yourself off your meds.

I have been med free for 2 and a half years now...

Quote:
I was just today reading about the guy shot by air marshalls. He was bipolar and had quit taking his meds.
My condition is not that bad, I am bipolar 2.... I have never had a grandiose (sp?) experience either....

Quote:
It is good that you recognize when the mood is shifting.
I think this is due to the fact that I am med free, when I was on the meds, I wasn't me anymore, I was a zombie... now I know when I am depressed and I make myself get through it because I will not go back to the way it used to be

Quote:
Even without insuarace -- can't you call your old doctor and get back on the meds? Can you afford the prescription?
No... one reason I stopped going was because I called one day, I was maybe 17 years old at the time, and I told them I wanted to kill myself, their response "We are busy, we will call you later"... now I wasn't the type to call and ask for help ever... and they ignored me.. thank god for the school counsellor
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:58 pm
Re: I feel sooo depressed....
Crazielady420 wrote:
Not here to complain... just trying to cheer myself up... what do you do to cheer yourself up when you are depressed? Crying or Very sad

Come over here, little lady, let me massage your shoulders for you...there, now don't you feel a little better already? Oh, yeah, you just relax and let Kicky make you feel reeeeaaaal good...<subtly moves down, undoes bra>...yeah, now don't you feel better...I know I do...don't let it get you down...I'll make it all better...<reaching under shirt, hands moving slowly up and around to Crazielady's frontal area...>
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:00 pm
Re: I feel sooo depressed....
kickycan wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:

Come over here, little lady, let me massage your shoulders for you...there, now don't you feel a little better already? Oh, yeah, you just relax and let Kicky make you feel reeeeaaaal good...<subtly moves down, undoes bra>...yeah, now don't you feel better...I know I do...don't let it get you down...I'll make it all better...<reaching under shirt, hands moving slowly up and around to Crazielady's frontal area...>

then kicky realizes that it is not crazielady that he is groping, but it is a shaved monkey with breasts, wearing a bra....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:01 pm
Ooh, now you're really turning me on, baby...tell me more about your "shaved monkey"...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:01 pm
I get a seasonal depression and its been made worse over the years by some tragedies that Ive internalized waay too much and made myself feel guilty.
Without getting all zombed up (when I teach , I have to be at the top of my fast ball cause some of these kids come freom very diverse backgrounds and are in an elite U) Ive seen some colleagues on Prozac and they can barely reconstruct equations unless thyere written down. Being someone in the arts or sciences means learning to del with depression and even using it as a tool.

My depression goes awy by mid Jan, as the light goes higher in the sky. I do take Vit B6 and B12 and find that they can be a good temporary "little helper"
ALWAYS< ALWAYS< take Vitamin B's on a full stomach or just after a snack. Otherwise most people will blow their lunches o an empty tank.

Do you feel hopeless or sad all the time? or just at times like sunrise or sunset?

Bella, depression is like any other imbalance, ya cant yell it away. It has its own reason and I look at it like a nother life. Theres a depressed guy in me thats occupying my happy guy space and that pisses me off even more.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:04 pm
kickycan wrote:
Ooh, now you're really turning me on, baby...tell me more about your "shaved monkey"...

Her name is Penelope and she likes Pina Colada's.... but she is only 3 years old
0 Replies