Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:33 am
It seems like you go out of your way to avoid these tasks and questions, Mrs A.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:35 am
No, not going out of my way, Lord Ellpus. But, if you do not read it and I just tell you what I feel it says, how does that do either of us any good? You have to have knowledge of it for yourself before we can discuss it. You won't just take my word for it, will you?

I am happy to discuss this with you.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:36 am
Lord E, Frankly I think they made most of this stuff up as they went. I don't get in "Bible fights" because the silly thing contradicts and invalidates itself from page to page. That's why you have 1001 varieties of Christians (and counting).
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:38 am
Stevepax wrote:
Lord E, Frankly I think they made most of this stuff up as they went. I don't get in "Bible fights" because the silly thing contradicts and invalidates itself from page to page. That's why you have 1001 varieties of Christians (and counting).

Stevepax,

I am sorry you feel that way. But no, I don't just make this stuff up as I go. I am not attempting to fight anyone. I am attempting to discuss something that Lord Ellpus brought up.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:44 am
I didn't mean you, I meant the writers of the Bible and developers of the Christian faiths, such as they are. Well, it's time to hit the sack, I have to be up in 4 hours. Have fun with your dogma Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:46 am
Thanx for telling me Stevepax. You have a good night's sleep!

Lord Ellpus, I will look for you in the morning! I look forward to our discussion!

Good night!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:48 am
Whether I have read the entire novel, is neither here nor there.

The question was.....did he say these things?

....and what justification does ANY so called "leader" have, in issuing such a command.

C'mon, Mrs A, this could be a chance to convert someone.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:51 am
But does god love you???
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 06:39 am
Wilso wrote:
But does god love you???

Of course He does. And, he even loves you, Wilso.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 09:16 am
Lord Ellpus,

I did not mean did you read the entire Bible or even the entire New Testament, nor even the entire Book of Luke. I meant have you read the the story that went with those particular verses.

The first verse you quoted was a parable. The second was not.

I would submit to you that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I would say that would give Him quite a bit of authority to issue a command.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 09:30 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
ALL of it is quite beautiful?

NEW TESTAMENT.
In the New Testament, Jesus Christ is quoted as saying that he had come to bring the sword, to "set father against son and mother against daughter" (Luke 12:53) and called on his followers to "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me" (Luke 19:27).

So....did he say this?

....Or was Luke a liar?

Have you read what Matthew has to say about this? Have you read anything other than Luke's account? Do you understand the context of what is being said?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:20 am
Quote:
I would submit to you that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I would say that would give Him quite a bit of authority to issue a command.

Momma- Aha! But that is YOUR "take" on the subject. As far as I, (and I would assume many other people) am concerned, Jesus was a charismatic
Jewish rabbi whose teachings changed much of the philosophical thought that was prevalent in those times.

As such, his authority was no greater than that of any other revered sage.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:22 am
I've heard rumors that Jesus was a sandal salesman with dementia.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:40 am
Hi Phoenix,

Yes, understood. I was merely answering Lord Ellpus' question about what authority he had to say that.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 12:28 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
ALL of it is quite beautiful?

NEW TESTAMENT.
In the New Testament, Jesus Christ is quoted as saying that he had come to bring the sword, to "set father against son and mother against daughter" (Luke 12:53) and called on his followers to "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me" (Luke 19:27).

So....did he say this?

....Or was Luke a liar?

Ellpus. Not up on Jesus, eh?
Laughing
He said it as part of a parable. (Luke 19:27) It was not a suggestion, or literal.

Luke 12:53 is an illustration of how hi ministry will go down deeper into people than their family relationships. It isn't what He was planning to do--it's how powerful His message was/is. And, he was right.

Amen.
0 Replies

Darth mario777

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:23 pm
i love me
0 Replies