dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:05 pm
Sooner or later, it's bound to happen, some dingbat is gonna take one of these posts cereally.
0 Replies

partyjohn

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:06 pm
crazyDiamond it is not hard for me to believe.however it may be hard for you to believe that there is so much evil in the world.no need to worry jesus will soon be back. you will see :wink:
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:06 pm
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwAAAMQa2ocwfhQ3zUkiXcZcvT8ZyLBiYPKE2jYjbi*hROvRd4QZZrQVQSUW8LS!nzDHg5FMszpMELvp*hcR2Moq5akcndtCK6mgbWqRFRzwNkwSDfV9g!hsKga8i6pU/Cheez.jpg

Do they still sell Cheez Whiz? When I was a kid, that product was prized as a great gift fom a parent to his kid in summer camp!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:07 pm
Yeah, well, you all seem to think it's pretty funny to gang up on someone because they say they love God.

Speaking as a Christian, glad we amuse you.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:07 pm
kinda sounds similar....jesus....cheezwhiz....

sorry...couldn't help it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:15 pm
Momma- No one is ganging up on anybody. One of the signs of a mature person is the ability to laugh at the human predicament. I mean this with great seriousness. If you take umbrage at our bit of frivolity, you might want to ask yourself why.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:16 pm
partyjohn wrote:
itrepid are you on my side

partyjohn,
If you are asking if I am a Christian the answer is yes. Your question about sides. Unfortunately, it seems to come down to sides. I prefer not to have a them and us, but unfortunately, that usually seems to be the case. If you are going to post in the Religious Forums, expect to be ridiculed, called names, spat upon and laughed at. That is the way it is here. You will find that those who do not belief as you do will seek out the Religious Forums to have their childish fun. It would be one thing if they wanted to have a serious discussion, but, alas, that is usually not the case.

Having said that, you will find many nice and decent folks here at A2K.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:17 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Momma- No one is ganging up on anybody. One of the signs of a mature person is the ability to laugh at the human predicament. I mean this with great seriousness. If you take umbrage at our bit of frivolity, you might want to ask yourself why.

Phoenix,
There is a huge difference and level of maturity in laughing with someone as opposed to at them.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:18 pm
I don't need to ask why. Partyjohn started the thread and then everyone made their little jokes and partyjohn's response was "Are you serious?"

I have no problem with making jokes, I just don't find jokes concerning God or someone's beliefs to be very funny. And, I don't think atheists would like us joking about them either.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:20 pm
well, i'd just like to point out that this thread was directionless from the get go. if partyjohn offered a little more than 'i love god', maybe he'd have a discussion going.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:21 pm
Yes that's true. I'm more inclined to laugh at them than with them. That's what notes the difference between meself and phoenix. (but then she's jewish and has learned to take a more self-defensive postion)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:23 pm
Momma,

Do you have the phone number for the Atheist Dial-a-Prayer line?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:28 pm
There was no intro, no question, no request for discussion of any kind.

John just arrives on the scene and makes a statement. Kicky also made a statement, then me....and so on.

My statement was about cheese. I find the eating of cheese to be a spiritual experience. This thread is in the spiritual section.

Maybe John needs to be a bit more specific on what he wishes to accomplish with a thread, when he starts one. If he is new to this forum lark, maybe he should have joined in with other threads and see how they work.

But he chose to rush in......and you know what they say.....
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:30 pm
Why is it that religeon and humour are like oil and water 99% of the time.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:30 pm
Intrepid,

1-ARE-YOU-HERE
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:34 pm
Yes, I realize Partyjohn just made a statement. It might have been nice if someone would have waited for clarification. I think we all know that those that started and continued with the cheese joke knew they were poking fun.

At least dys admits he does it.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:37 pm
Intrepid wrote:
partyjohn wrote:
itrepid are you on my side

partyjohn,
If you are asking if I am a Christian the answer is yes. Your question about sides. Unfortunately, it seems to come down to sides. I prefer not to have a them and us, but unfortunately, that usually seems to be the case. If you are going to post in the Religious Forums, expect to be ridiculed, called names, spat upon and laughed at. That is the way it is here. You will find that those who do not belief as you do will seek out the Religious Forums to have their childish fun. It would be one thing if they wanted to have a serious discussion, but, alas, that is usually not the case.

Having said that, you will find many nice and decent folks here at A2K.

How do you "spat" upon someone online? That is really quite a trick online, isn't it??
0 Replies

partyjohn

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:37 pm
thank you Momma Angel and others.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:39 pm
partyjohn wrote:
thank you Momma Angel and others.

Count your "blessings" John. Some topics don't get near this much response. You're a hit already!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:40 pm
partyjohn,
Did you just want to make the statement that you love God? Did you want to evoke a conversation? If so, post what it is and you may get some sensible answers. Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies