Arella Mae

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:53 pm
Stevepax,

I don't think that verse needs any interpreting.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:01 pm
Stevepax wrote:
husker wrote:
Kicky - I don't think any Christians said Jews were hellbound - you did. I don't think Jesus said Jews were going to hell either.

Isn't there some little Christian saying that goes something like, the only way to the father is though the son, or heaven though the son, some nonsense like that. I guess I should go look it up so I can be accurate.

Let's hear you interpret it Momma. Husker said "I don't think Jesus said the Jews were going to hell either".

So what's the intepretation, if it isn't that we're all going to hell if we don't believe in Jesus??
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:06 pm
Stevepax wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Stevepax,

The correct verse would be John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

So if you interpret this verse, what does it mean??

It means, "You wan't a piece of this, wiseguy...No, I didn't think so."
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:25 pm
Mr. Stevepax Wrote:

Quote:
Let's hear you interpret it Momma. Husker said "I don't think Jesus said the Jews were going to hell either".

So what's the intepretation, if it isn't that we're all going to hell if we don't believe in Jesus??

Oh I know this one! Laughing This is an old one! Laughing Sorry, Mr. Stevepax, I am not falling for this one. It doesn't matter what the verse means to me that is important for you. What is important is what it means to you. :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:27 pm
MA has caught on to the fact that any question pertaining to religion is a trick question.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:30 pm
An old what? Do you think you're being cute or something? It is important what the verse means to the Christians. It justifies to them why they have to go out and "save the world".

All faiths think they have the answer, and it is their duty to make sure everyone gets the word. That's why the religious are so busy killing each other "in the name of GOD".
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:32 pm
dyslexia wrote:
MA has caught on to the fact that any question pertaining to religion is a trick question.

Amazing how they don't want to get pinned down with their own beliefs.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:37 pm
Mr. Stevepax Wrote:

Quote:
An old what? Do you think you're being cute or something? It is important what the verse means to the Christians. It justifies to them why they have to go out and "save the world".

All faiths think they have the answer, and it is their duty to make sure everyone gets the word. That's why the religious are so busy killing each other "in the name of GOD".

I am not trying to be cute, Mr. Stevepax. I am being honest with you. If I tell you what you think I should say, then what would happen? :wink:

So, I tell you the truth. I tell you what I believe for me. I cannot condemn anyone to hell, Mr. Stevepax. So, I am not going to make the statement you seem to think I should make.

I have tried to tell you that I am not a "Christianity at all costs" type of gal! I'm not. You have to decide what you believe. You have to decide what God's word says to you. I know what it says to me and for my life.

I hope that helped clear it up.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:26 pm
Lash's Religion:

Jesus didn't say the Jews are going to hell. He said something that people have interpreted to mean that.

Amen
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:45 pm
Amen!
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:47 pm
Lash wrote:
Lash's Religion:

Jesus didn't say the Jews are going to hell. He said something that people have interpreted to mean that.

Amen

Not just the Jews ... Everyone who isn't a Christian!

Of course, all the other religions have their views as well. Momma acts like I'm trying to pull some kind of anti-Christian trick on her, but I was just pointing out the problems with her own dogma.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:49 pm
If my memory serves, Christ didn't make a demographical hell threat.

Amen
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:56 pm
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 12:31 am
Husker,

That is about the best post I have ever read! Thank you so much for that!

Revel,

I am sorry if I offended you. I did not mean to. I have had so many people ask me about that verse and others and they all expect me to say "that means you are going to hell if you don't do what it says." Revel, I won't do that. I believe God is the only one that can do that. I believe He puts His word on our heart to our understanding so, I have to let Him do that for you and everyone else.

Please accept my apology if I did offend you or think wrong of your intent. I am very sorry.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 12:32 am
Lash wrote:
If my memory serves, Christ didn't make a demographical hell threat.

Amen

I don't know, but you could be right. The "devout" got the idea from somewhere though. In reality, I find that Jesus said very little, it was his flock that made up all the bullarkey!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 12:37 am
Stevepax,

I am sorry you feel that way. If one would read the New Testament, you will find that Jesus said quite a lot. All of it quite beautiful too!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:04 am
ALL of it is quite beautiful?

NEW TESTAMENT.
In the New Testament, Jesus Christ is quoted as saying that he had come to bring the sword, to "set father against son and mother against daughter" (Luke 12:53) and called on his followers to "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me" (Luke 19:27).

So....did he say this?

....Or was Luke a liar?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:11 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
ALL of it is quite beautiful?

NEW TESTAMENT.
In the New Testament, Jesus Christ is quoted as saying that he had come to bring the sword, to "set father against son and mother against daughter" (Luke 12:53) and called on his followers to "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me" (Luke 19:27).

So....did he say this?

....Or was Luke a liar?

Do you know why He said that? Do you have any idea what the whole story is behind it?

Perhaps if you knew the whole story, it might make a bit more sense to you. Then again, perhaps not.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:18 am
Maybe we should all give GWB the same benefit of the doubt?

It all sounds like fighting talk to me.

Please enlighten me as to how anyone can be justified in issuing such an awful command.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:29 am
My Dear Lord Ellpus,

Did you read the complete story?
0 Replies