Eczema? Or dry winter skin?

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:13 pm
sorry I didnt post a bigole' thank you earlier.

I read your post, opened the sites, then yanked Ian to the computer so he could read this as well.

Then we trotted our butts to the store and replaced all her bath and laundry soaps.
Since I dont know the trigger, as you say, remove everything.. start with one at a time.

So, for you it seems to be a pollen triggered reaction? Holy crud that has to be hard to live with. Everywhere you turn, things are green and blooming .

"Depending on the severity of the specific allergy, the time delay between exposure and a patch of eczema developing can range from literally minutes to weeks.""

so, i guess a good way to introduce things is like I did when i started feeding her solid foods.
One new thing a week? Or maybe 2?

There is a bunch that I didnt know about eczema.
I was always under the impression that once it appeared, it never went away. Basically, the person would ALWAYS have dry patches... there was never a 'clear' time to be had for their skin.

thanks so much for those sites.
This is a great help to me.

Bean thanks you too.. ;-)
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:23 pm
You know what I would do shewolf. I would take bean down to the pharmacist (ghetto doctor) and ask If she has any suggestions not in place of real medical attention of coarse but it could just be a rash that could be cleared up with physoderm or hydrocleanse.

My arm could fall off and I wouldn't care but them little kids. Crying or Very sad There sad little faces. Poor little buggers.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 04:47 pm
Pollen is a huge trigger for my flare-ups, shewolfNewMom.

Stress is a serious exacerbating factor. A not-bad breakout is guaranteed to be truly unpleasant if I'm under stress.

I've wondered if your housing situation might be a factor for the Bean.

Eczema is a classic proof of the mind-body connection.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 04:50 pm
ohh - the introductions/reintroductions. I wouldn't go much faster than 1 thing every couple of weeks.

My best local friend and her middle grandson have quite bad eczema <mine is annoying, but under reasonable control now>. It's Aveeno only for them, and baking soda laundry detergents.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 08:24 pm
Bean has never had a really bad break out before.

The one connection I see is her little friend Tika.

She hugs her all the time, and just before this last episode... Tika was over...

hmmmm.
me thinks something could be connected with that visit.
THIER laundry detergent... THEIR cat...

By the end of the visit, Bean had the red cheek.
Next day is when I took her to the hospital..
Stress could also play into that as Bean is younger then Tika and they fight like little kids.. Bean isnt used to that behavior either.

There are 2 big pieces right there.

I would hate to think this house is effecting her like that.
There is stress here.. yes... but I like to hope I have shielded her from that much better then I think.. >sigh<

3 more months.. and we are out.. just threeee more
0 Replies