Bella Dea

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:01 am
It isn't to me personally.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:05 am
Bella Dea wrote:
It isn't to me personally.

I think more people should think like you then.

Nativity scene, Menorah, what ever a Kwanza symbol looks like... who gives a rats ass how your neighbors/retailers/public officials celebrate the season. It only matters how you celebrate the season... however that is.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:16 am
Bella Dea wrote:
But neither should we be forced to practice it. Like being made to say Merry Christmas (don't know if this happens but I am sure it does in some stores) if we work in a retail store or have to look at and "enjoy" a nativity set at work if we work at city hall.

What about Christians that are forced to work on Sunday? Do you have an opinion on that?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:18 am
Intrepid wrote:

What about Christians that are forced to work on Sunday? Do you have an opinion on that?

Are Jews forced to work on their Sabbath? Or Muslims on theirs?

Methinks that if you tell your boss you need it off for religious practice, then they must allow you to have it off.

What does that have to do with anything?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:23 am
Bella Dea,

I think that the people who own the stores have every right to display what they want to display. Those that don't like it can go to another store, true?

I don't have anything against other religious holidays being recognized. I do have a problem with them wanting to do it by obliterating Christ from them. You can have Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah, whatever. Just do it without taking Christ out of Christmas.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:26 am
Momma Angel wrote:

Just do it without taking Christ out of Christmas.

Christ was taken out of Christmas by Christians.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:27 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Are Jews forced to work on their Sabbath? Or Muslims on theirs?

Methinks that if you tell your boss you need it off for religious practice, then they must allow you to have it off.

What does that have to do with anything?

What does that have to do with anything? Didn't you write?...

Quote:
Bella Dea wrote:
But neither should we be forced to practice it. Like being made to say Merry Christmas (don't know if this happens but I am sure it does in some stores) if we work in a retail store or have to look at and "enjoy" a nativity set at work if we work at city hall.

Do you think someone having to work on their Sabbath day any different than you having to look at a nativity scene in a store or City Hall? What is the difference?

What offends you does not, necessarily, offend others.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:28 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

Could you please explain this for those of us who do not understand? Thanks.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:30 am
Intrepid wrote:

What offends you does not, necessarily, offend others.

Yes I am shouting. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY I AM NOT OFFENDED? And most people who want to "take away your christmas" aren't offended either.

And like I said, if a Jewish person at work gets their day of worship off, sure a Christian should have Sunday off. All is fair.

But what about the fact that many Christians now go on Saturday night to mass so they don't have to get up early Sunday? Do they now get Saturday off too?

Christians have done more to "destroy" Christianity than any non-Christian could even dream of doing.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:30 am
I think it's fine to celebrate Hanukkah as long as jesus is included.???????????????????
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:32 am
Intrepid wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

Could you please explain this for those of us who do not understand? Thanks.

Santa? Reindeers? Frosty? Toys? Be good so Santa will bring your toys? The whole commercialization of Christmas? Christians subscribe to it just like everyone else and then complain that we are taking Christ out of Christmas. Well, quit celebrating Christmas like a commercial holiday and focus on what CHristmas was meant to be, instead of the pagen holiday it has become.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:33 am
Dys,

That is not what I meant and I think you know that. What I mean is everyone should be able to celebrate their holidays. They should be able to call those holidays what they want to call them. For some it's Christmas, for some it's Hanukkah, etc.

Face it! Some people just want to take Christ out of Christmas!

You can celebrate the Striped Purple Worm with a Santa Claus Hat holiday if you want to! (No offense Bella, just keeping my example.)

You can have your holidays. Let us that want Christmas have Christmas!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:34 am
No offense taken.

The purple worm, should it deliver gifts, would become more popular than Christ anyway. On the list of popular Christmas figures, where do you think Christ ranks?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:34 am
Moma,

Nobody is taking Christmas away from you.

It is unfair to expect others to celebrate the same way you do, though.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:35 am
Yes of course MA, I can only go by what you say, not knowing what you mean.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:36 am
noone can stop you from celebrating a holiday.
Noone can take away your right in your home to do what you want.
i gotta agree with bella.
If christmas is about jesus.. why do we all celebrate, anticipate and talk about a fat jolly old man?
Why does hallmark have more christians in thier stores then churches do?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:36 am
No need to shout. The veins in your neck could pop and do you harm. I certainly would not want that to happen. If you are not offended, what are you? Since I am not Catholic, we do no have mass. Are you saying that most Americans are Catholic and attend mass on Saturday evening? I learn something new every day.

Could you elucidate on how Christians have "destroyed" Christianity?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:37 am
Intrepid wrote:
No need to shout. The veins in your neck could pop and do you harm.

Laughing

Sorry, that made me laugh.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:38 am
I am happy that you are able to laugh. Nothing is so serious that we should lose our sense of humour.
0 Replies