Offended by Christmas?

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:40 am
Intrepid wrote:
No need to shout. The veins in your neck could pop and do you harm. I certainly would not want that to happen. If you are not offended, what are you? Since I am not Catholic, we do no have mass. Are you saying that most Americans are Catholic and attend mass on Saturday evening? I learn something new every day.

Could you elucidate on how Christians have "destroyed" Christianity?

They've now made Saturday masses. 2 or 3 sometimes. Maybe it is because there are so many people wanting to go that Sunday morning church is over flowing but I doubt it.

I am not offended. I have a voice and intended to speak up for those who can't speak. This whole issue boils down to seperation of chuch and state, plain and simple. But everyone has to make it into a religious war.

I don't have time right this minute to go into answering your one question, so can that wait? I am starving. Must eat. Brain food.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:40 am
I think that is the problem here. To me, Christmas is symbolizing the birth of Christ. It is not about Christmas trees (which I don't put up), it's not about giving presents to everyone just because it's Christmas. It's about the birth of the Savior to me! Yes, many have made it commercial. But, just because some still go out and buy presents and have a Christmas tree does not mean they are not celebrating the holiday as the birth of Christ.

Most that celebrate Christmas as the birth of the Savior go to special services, etc. I guess they just don't do enough of that in the public eye?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:42 am
Intrepid wrote:
I am happy that you are able to laugh. Nothing is so serious that we should lose our sense of humour.

I agree.

It's so hard here because you can't see faces and expressions and I think sometimes, we forget to breath and reflect on the fact that these words can only be taken at face value. We can't always read into them.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:43 am
That is something too, Momma. The Churches are usually filled on Christmas Day. Some people are only Christians at Christmas and maybe Easter. The rest of the year is business as usual.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:50 am
Intrepid wrote:
That is something too, Momma. The Churches are usually filled on Christmas Day. Some people are only Christians at Christmas and maybe Easter. The rest of the year is business as usual.

or when they get convicted of a felony
or are about to have thier lights cut off due to non payment..

you are right.
most people only 'become' christians in time of need, or when they
feel the responsibility.. and the date or time dictates they should walk into
church and pray... >sigh<
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:52 am
Intrepid,

Yes, I do agree that is true in some cases. I think that is why it is important that we make sure we qualify our statements by saying "some", etc. That way, we are less apt to offend. :wink:
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:53 am
shewolfnm,

Most? Let's err on the side of caution and say some, ok?

Yes, shewolfnm, many do come to Christ due to the trials in their lives. That is because they probably realize that is when they need Him the most.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:53 am
I'm probably wrong in general but I once worked for a firm that did not allow any excuse for not working on holidays, xmas or otherwise, on Thanksgiving and Xmas you did get overtime but you did work or be fired.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:10 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Intrepid,

Yes, I do agree that is true in some cases. I think that is why it is important that we make sure we qualify our statements by saying "some", etc. That way, we are less apt to offend. :wink:

I always say some. I would not be so presumptuous as to infer that all are anything. Everyone has their own feelings, thoughts, beliefs, agendas etc. It is never my intention to offend (however, I am sure that I end up doing this anyhow).
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:11 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I'm probably wrong in general but I once worked for a firm that did not allow any excuse for not working on holidays, xmas or otherwise, on Thanksgiving and Xmas you did get overtime but you did work or be fired.

You should move to Canada, dys. They are statutory holidays here and are, therefore, legal holidays. :-)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:14 pm
Intrepid wrote:

I always say some. I would not be so presumptuous as to infer that all are anything. Everyone has their own feelings, thoughts, beliefs, agendas etc. It is never my intention to offend (however, I am sure that I end up doing this anyhow).

Shocked

that was SOOOO offencive..
jeezzee Intrepid..
how mean
how rude
im'a gonna go pout now..
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:47 pm
I hope that you only pout for some of the afternoon. It would be a shame to waste all of it because of little old me.
;-)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:54 pm
Crying or Very sad

waaahhhh

Laughing
nah, you are one of the only people i have YET to see be offencive.
I doubt you have anything to worry about in that catagory.

Me.. on the other hand..
well......... hee hee
0 Replies