What Will We Have Won?

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 12:18 pm
I keep hearing that we will win in Iraq... so.... when the dust settles what will we have won? Peace? Does anyone really believe that? Has there ever been a time in the recorded history of the world that there wasn't a war going on somewhere?

What will we have to hold in our hands as proof of victory?

Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,151 • Replies: 173
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 01:18 pm
I think that when we have built a fort around the oil fields, with nobody allowed to approach but soldiers and workers, we will have won. Then we can take off our Robin Hood tights and get back to the business of McDonalds hamburgers and Walmart's neat Chinese goods.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 01:43 pm
You forgot Coca-Cola.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 02:43 pm
Re: What Will We Have Won?
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I keep hearing that we will win in Iraq... so.... when the dust settles what will we have won? Peace? Does anyone really believe that? Has there ever been a time in the recorded history of the world that there wasn't a war going on somewhere?

Any ideas?

We will know conclusively, not as a good guess, that there is not a mad dictator in Iraq secretly amassing doomsday weapons.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 03:28 pm
We will know that I-rack is temporarily a democratic nation with more opporunities and freedoms....

However how that affects me and my family/community/state/country I don't know. But it's for a good cause. I think.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 04:35 pm
We will probably end up with another Yugoslavia.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 04:44 pm
More like Saudi Arabia or Iran, I think.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:16 pm
What do you consider winning??
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:20 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:

Any ideas?

We will know conclusively, not as a good guess, that there is not a mad dictator in Iraq secretly amassing doomsday weapons.

horseshit. a different dictator perhaps.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:20 pm
Stevepax wrote:
What do you consider winning??

not losing. so, too late.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:24 pm
The only winners are Bushco members. They raped this nation monetarily for the following generations..
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 09:22 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:

Any ideas?

May statement is unquestionably true as stated. Before we went in, we could only guess what Hussein was or wasn't doing with WMD. Now we know that there is neither a dictator nor WMD programs there. These facts are in the public domain and not open to debate.

I am assuming that you mean that there will soon be another mad dictator in Iraq who will resume the quest for WMD. Can you offer some evidence to support this prediction?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:13 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Any ideas?

May statement is unquestionably true as stated. Before we went in, we could only guess what Hussein was or wasn't doing with WMD. Now we know that there is neither a dictator nor WMD programs there. These facts are in the public domain and not open to debate.

I am assuming that you mean that there will soon be another mad dictator in Iraq who will resume the quest for WMD. Can you offer some evidence to support this prediction?

george bush is the current dictator. he calls all the shots, oversees all aspects of Iraqui life.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:52 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Any ideas?

george bush is the current dictator. he calls all the shots, oversees all aspects of Iraqui life.

Even were that true, it in no way supports the idea that there will be a new dictator, potentially hostile to the US, in Iraq, who will resume the search for WMD, which is apparently your thesis. My original answer stands, since you cannot support your position. We have accomplished certainty that there is not a mad dictator in Iraq pursuing doomsday weapons whereas before we could only speculate as to whether he had destroyed them and stopped research. We went from guessing to knowing. Nothing you have said negates this. That is quite a lot to accomplish.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:17 pm
The USA traditionally creates most of the dictators that come to rage in its nightmares.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:33 pm
uhhh, "mad dictator" gone, and WMD myth debunked.
Please elaborate on the concept of "victory" to this simpleton, because with these two issues already settled, has victory not already been reached....by your definition?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:36 pm
A better evaluation of the Iraq debacle is a cost benefit analysis as it relates independently to the following:
1. The US as a nation
2. Joe or Mary American
3. The American ruling elite
4. The American military

I think you will find excessive costs that are left unbalanced by marginal (if any) benefit.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:57 pm
candidone1 wrote:
uhhh, "mad dictator" gone, and WMD myth debunked.
Please elaborate on the concept of "victory" to this simpleton, because with these two issues already settled, has victory not already been reached....by your definition?

As you wish, simpleton. The question asked was not whether there is more that ought to be done. The question was what will have been achieved, and I gave an example of something significant, thus answering the question asked.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:49 am
On the contrary. What was asked was "What will we have to hold in our hands as proof of victory?"
To which you predictably cut and pasted from your "response to the Iraq war" template.
What BVT was asking is since the administration continually prods the American people to support this conflict, and has once prematurely announced that the war was over, qualitatively or quantitatively, subjectively or objectively, what constitutes a "victory".
If you respond again from said template, let me put this in in advance; Saddam is gone and WMD myths have been debunked. Does this constitute an American victory? If so, why is there still an occupational American military presence in Iraq?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 09:40 am
candidone1 wrote:
On the contrary. What was asked was "What will we have to hold in our hands as proof of victory?"
To which you predictably cut and pasted from your "response to the Iraq war" template.
What BVT was asking is since the administration continually prods the American people to support this conflict, and has once prematurely announced that the war was over, qualitatively or quantitatively, subjectively or objectively, what constitutes a "victory".
If you respond again from said template, let me put this in in advance; Saddam is gone and WMD myths have been debunked. Does this constitute an American victory? If so, why is there still an occupational American military presence in Iraq?

The original post was:

Any ideas?

and the thread title is "What Will We Have Won."

I answered this question clearly, and unambiguously, whether you choose to acknowledge my words or not. What we will have won is a transition from uncertainty about whether an evil dictator in Iraq still has doomsday weapons and development programs to certainty that that is not the case. That is the primary thing we will have won. Stating it's from a template is irrelevant. The only relevant analysis is whether I'm correct or incorrect. He asked what we will have won and I mentioned something significant and worthwhile.
0 Replies