Herald

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 10:05 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
All land mass used to be "ONE."

This BE may be everything. It may be 'has been', but it maybe also 'will become'.
Believe it or not, but when all the land mass becomes one (the water starts leaving the earth - worst case scenario in several thousnad years as the things with the CO2 and the global warming are going along exponent) we will be dead on arrival ... literally.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 10:28 pm
Uh-huh . . . when "the water starts leaving the earth," where will it go? How will it escape the gravity well? As usual, you're working without a net--which is to say, without a clue.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 10:58 pm
Cicerone said:
Quote:
If humans migrated there [Hawaii] from the South Pacific, they also brought with them plants and other goodies...

But why would they want to migrate to dead volcanic heaps in the first place?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 11:02 pm
Setanta said:
Quote:
Uh-huh . . . when "the water starts leaving the earth," where will it go? How will it escape the gravity well?...

Scientists predict the earth will be toasted real bad when the sun turns into a red giant zillions of years from now-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sun-redgiant_zpse1bff226.jpg~original
Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 11:13 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Uh-huh . . . when "the water starts leaving the earth," where will it go? How will it escape the gravity well? As usual, you're working without a net--which is to say, without a clue.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 11:15 pm
@Setanta,
Is there an echo in here?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 11:17 pm
Only when more than one idiot tries to peddle the same idiocy. Where will the water go?
mesquite

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 11:19 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

And this is your example of certainty?

Who said anything about certainty. I said it was not a sore spot. The certainty of the Theory of Evolution comes from the massive amount of supporting evidence.

neologist wrote:
Read it again.
"some scientists"
"Every change had to confer"
"only 364,000 years . . ."
Hey, maybe it did happen. I'm no genius. And even though Romeo is always right, I wouldn't believe anything he said about it either.

The one thing lacking is replication. Evolutionists can dance around it all they want. They are not at fault for the lack of replication. They are at fault for the conclusions they make without it.

The conclusions are simply an explanation that fits the evidence. In the 200+ years since Darwin first proposed the theory new discoveries across many fields of science such as fossils, DNA, and radiometric dating all support the theory and none refutes.

What evidence do you have supporting poofism?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 11:34 pm
Setanta said:
Quote:
Where will the water go?

There's that echo again...
Who says the water will go anywhere? Considering temperatures will be hot enough to melt mountains I should think the whole earth will be one big glowing hissing, spitting red-hot cinder!
WAIT, I feel a prophecy coming on!!!
"That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat" (2 Peter 2:12)
Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 12:04 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Who says the water will go anywhere?

Herald, actually . . .

Herald wrote:
Believe it or not, but when all the land mass becomes one (the water starts leaving the earth . . .

But i guess that keeping track of what is going on in a thread is beyond your paltry skills. What are you, 12 years old?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 12:22 am
@Setanta,
You just insulted 12 year olds. Mr. Green Crying or Very sad Embarrassed Laughing Laughing
neologist

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 12:38 am
@mesquite,
neologist wrote:
And this is your example of certainty?
mesquite wrote:
Who said anything about certainty. I said it was not a sore spot. The certainty of the Theory of Evolution comes from the massive amount of supporting evidence. . . . .The conclusions are simply an explanation that fits the evidence. In the 200+ years since Darwin first proposed the theory new discoveries across many fields of science such as fossils, DNA, and radiometric dating all support the theory and none refutes.

What evidence do you have supporting poofism?
If by 'poofism' you mean the condescending ridicule of another's position, you have provided evidence of it here.

Oh, and my question refers to the air of certainty in the document provided.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 06:17 am
@cicerone imposter,
You're right . . . i'm ashamed . . . that was a thoughtless slur . . .
spendius

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 06:33 am
@Setanta,
Setanta is right about that. It was a thoughtless slur. It was one of those slurs that is in the catechism of slurs from 12 year old days. It requires no thought. It's a reflex.

As slurs go it's at the very bottom end.

It betrays not only a lack of objectivity but of having nothing to say which will have any impact on anybody because everybody has heard it so many times it has lost all resonance and meaning and is getting alarming close to being in the way of a duck quacking.

That it is grossly disrespectful to A2K is neither here nor there because we have come to expect that from this source.

It is definitely thoughtless considering what it says about the gob.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 06:37 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
How was that for a slur Romeo?

It's alright--Setanta doesn't read my posts.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 08:41 am
Mesquite said:
Quote:
The certainty of the Theory of Evolution comes from the massive amount of supporting evidence

Well why is it only called the 'Theory of Evolution''?
A theory is only a collection of guesses and hunches..Smile

Incidentally here's Dawkins explanation for the evolution of the eye in 'Climbing Mount Improbable'-
"It was not difficult for a lump of transparent jelly to spontaneously form"
In other words he's saying it just decided to appear out of nowhere!
Haha he's a funny guy..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/funnyguy_zps6de5db5a.jpg~original
Herald

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 01:20 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Where will the water go?

It is obvious where it will go ... and the question is not where, but when. BTW you are speaking as if you are having the math ... of the CO2 for example, as if you know when the CO2 of the rocks will be released in the atmosphere, when the CO2 from the surface of the ocean will go into the air, what will happen when the ocean is acidified beyond the margin of biorecovery.
Do you know what I am thinking: you simply don't have the math - that is what I think.
Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 01:25 pm
@Herald,
You know what i'm thinking? You simply don't have a clue, that is what i'think.

No, it's not obvious where the water would go, in the extremely unlikely event that it did "leave." So you haven't answered my questions, you've just babbled some pseudoscience and begged the questions, while making insulting sneers.

So, to serve you with your own dish, i'll repeat the questions as it appears that you have a very short attention span. Where will the water go? How would it escape the gravity well?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 02:22 pm
Go make yourself a cup of tea mate and watch the water turn to steam and boil away! That's where the water will go when the red giant sun boils the oceans.
You can even see it on a small scale now by looking at them big fluffy things made of steam called clouds..Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 02:30 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Well why is it only called the 'Theory of Evolution''?

Because it must be falsifiable. Can you provide evidence to the contrary? Prove it.