Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 04:54 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
Who created god? BTW, have you ever heard of Higgs Boson? It's supported by scientists.
Funny you should say that!

I've always thought it remarkable that God could be a kazillion light years away and know instantaneously what goes on here.

Neo...just as you know there has to be a god...you also know that the god can be a kazillion light years away and know instantaneously what goes on here?

Think about that...even the joke part of it.

Do you KNOW any of that...or are they both just blind guesses that you are claiming to be knowledge?

And remember...your god does not want you to tell lies.
spendius

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 06:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
That is a story, Neo...almost certainly a myth.

"Almost certainly" eh?? Blimey!! That concedes the whole case.

Not wishing to be blurting assertions. which I know is the polite way of going about things around here, I will provide the reason.

If it is not certain, the "almost" might easily embrace 80% of certainty. If one was climbing a ladder with 100 rungs carrying a hod full of bricks one might easily feel that on the 80th rung one was "almost" there. Even 70% is not being too pedantic. 51% would be pedantic.

In which case there is no game to play other than a rhetorical competition in which practical advantages are a test of which rhetoric is chosen. In the long run I mean. A revolution occurring when the settled rhetoric no longer fits the case. Although a fair amount of it is likely to be carried on with after the revolution.

And your rhetoric, such as it is, like playing the same note repetitively, is a dead loss on the empirical evidence which stares you in the face. The suck it and see method of science. Your rhetoric is not chosen. As a fact. The reason is that it has no practical advantages for society whatever advantages it has to you. If it had I feel sure you would not be slow to mention them.

A rhetorical position embracing "almost" is nowhere. It's as safe as a baby strapped in a pram being wheeled around Hyde Park on a warm, sunny day by the assistant nanny. Gurgling at passers by.

spendius

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 06:09 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Is it possible there is no god, Neo?

No. It is not possible. If there was no God there would not be anybody to ask that question. Asserting that there would be is just MYOEP.
vishan123

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 06:22 am
@Philis,
God can not describe in words, it is hidden power..that can only feel....
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 06:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
There is that word "stupid" again. It can get to be a habit.

Only in response to stupidity. Then it is perfectly normal.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 09:17 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
That is a story, Neo...almost certainly a myth.

"Almost certainly" eh?? Blimey!! That concedes the whole case.

Not wishing to be blurting assertions. which I know is the polite way of going about things around here, I will provide the reason.

If it is not certain, the "almost" might easily embrace 80% of certainty. If one was climbing a ladder with 100 rungs carrying a hod full of bricks one might easily feel that on the 80th rung one was "almost" there. Even 70% is not being too pedantic. 51% would be pedantic.

In which case there is no game to play other than a rhetorical competition in which practical advantages are a test of which rhetoric is chosen. In the long run I mean. A revolution occurring when the settled rhetoric no longer fits the case. Although a fair amount of it is likely to be carried on with after the revolution.

And your rhetoric, such as it is, like playing the same note repetitively, is a dead loss on the empirical evidence which stares you in the face. The suck it and see method of science. Your rhetoric is not chosen. As a fact. The reason is that it has no practical advantages for society whatever advantages it has to you. If it had I feel sure you would not be slow to mention them.

A rhetorical position embracing "almost" is nowhere. It's as safe as a baby strapped in a pram being wheeled around Hyde Park on a warm, sunny day by the assistant nanny. Gurgling at passers by.

Spendius...I thank you for sharing your thoughts, but you are almost totally out of control. It is embarrassing to see you this way. See if you cannot do something about it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 09:18 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
Is it possible there is no god, Neo?

No. It is not possible. If there was no God there would not be anybody to ask that question. Asserting that there would be is just MYOEP.

I thought you, an alleged atheist, would have a more reasoned perception of that question.

I was wrong.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 09:27 am
This is the retina of the eye, it looks just like a printed circuit board, so the question is- who wired it up?
Atheists think that it wired itself up [snigger]..Wink

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/retina1.gif
spendius

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 11:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Sure you were wrong. I wouldn't ask the question.

Going back a bit I wrote--

Quote:
I am Emily Bronte. I am Jane Austen. Like Flaubert's "Madame Bovary est moi".

To which Apisa replied-

Quote:
Ummm...I'd say "Be careful of the edge, Spendius"...but apparently you have already fallen off.

Feminists see the opposite position, the safe position, yours, as that of the romantic male narcissist, in agreement with Genesis, "male and female created He them", confirming the hierarchy of patriarchy. The misogynist position in other words. Securely strapped into the pram and going wobbly near precipitous edges and, not a surprise, marking his own exam paper.

"I am Heathcliff" Emily Bronte has Cathy say. "He is more like me than I am myself".

What is being referred to is the hermaphrodite vestiges in evolution. And spotted by Plato.

You having been gender conditioned by Genesis.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 11:49 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
It developed itself through evolution. It started with a one omoeba.

Quote:
Amoebas, like all protists, are single-celled organisms. Cells are the building blocks for all life forms.

This is based on science. Your's is based on a fictional book that's full of bull ****!
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 12:37 pm
Cicerone said:
Quote:
[The retina] developed itself through evolution. It started with a one omoeba

Evolution is full of "missing links", guesses and hunches, that's why it's only called the THEORY of Evolution, and not the FACT of Evolution..Wink
Sure, creatures do evolve naturally to some extent, but they still need God (The Master Geneticist) to tweak them to take them the extra mile and keep them on course.
Jesus said- "My Father is always working" (John 5:17)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/god-dna.gif
I like Senator John McCain's view when he said- "I believe in evolution, but when I hike the Grand Canyon at sunset I see the hand of God there also".
neologist

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 12:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Who created god? BTW, have you ever heard of Higgs Boson? It's supported by scientists.
neologist wrote:

I've always thought it remarkable that God could be a kazillion light years away and know instantaneously what goes on here.
Frank Apisa wrote:
Neo...just as you know there has to be a god...you also know that the god can be a kazillion light years away and know instantaneously what goes on here?

Do you KNOW any of that...or are they both just blind guesses that you are claiming to be knowledge?

OK, allegedly knows instantaneously what goes on here.
neologist

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 12:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
It developed itself through evolution. It started with a one omoeba.. ....This is based on science.
There are plenty of threads on a2k where evolution is vigorously discussed. I find it interesting that this one would divert to a discussion of the eye, a true sore spot for the evolutionist unable to explain the evolutionary advantage of partial eye development.

BTW, CI, this thread has gone on for many pages avoiding profanity. I find your language in this post to be beneath your usual demeanor. Are you having some distressing personal problem today?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 01:00 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Sure you were wrong. I wouldn't ask the question.

Going back a bit I wrote--

Quote:
I am Emily Bronte. I am Jane Austen. Like Flaubert's "Madame Bovary est moi".

To which Apisa replied-

Quote:
Ummm...I'd say "Be careful of the edge, Spendius"...but apparently you have already fallen off.

Feminists see the opposite position, the safe position, yours, as that of the romantic male narcissist, in agreement with Genesis, "male and female created He them", confirming the hierarchy of patriarchy. The misogynist position in other words. Securely strapped into the pram and going wobbly near precipitous edges and, not a surprise, marking his own exam paper.

"I am Heathcliff" Emily Bronte has Cathy say. "He is more like me than I am myself".

What is being referred to is the hermaphrodite vestiges in evolution. And spotted by Plato.

You having been gender conditioned by Genesis.

Yup...apparently you have fallen off.

Damn...and I tried to warn you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 01:01 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

OK, allegedly knows instantaneously what goes on here.

Who is alleging that?
neologist

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 01:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
God allegedly hears our prayers.
Or didn't they tell you that in catechism?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 01:27 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

God allegedly hears our prayers.
Or didn't they tell you that in catechism?

Oh, you mean the people with an ax to grind on this...allege it.

Well...the easiest thing to do about that...is not to allege it. After all...there is absolutely no reason to suppose there is a GOD...or that the GOD, if IT did exist, would be interested in anything about us...or that the GOD, if IT did exist, would hear our "prayers."

He's making a list,
Checking it twice;
Gonna find out who's naughty or nice.
spendius

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 02:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Oh, you mean the people with an ax to grind on this...allege it.

I would have thought that the vast majority of those with an axe to grind would be grinding them to reduce or remove Christian moral inhibitions. Condemnations of gluttony and lust and vanity are not the sort of thing monkeys would vote for.

It is a straw man on your part to imagine the others have been "indoctrinated" rather than that they have chosen what to think. I know that them having been "indoctrinated" allows you to think you are mentally, if not in other respects, superior to them.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 02:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Translated into grown up English that means you have nothing to say.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 02:18 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:

Translated into grown up English that means you have nothing to say.

There was plenty said there, Spendius. I think you know that...and it has upset you.

Stop digging.