aperson

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 10:06 pm
Oh woops it's just from the same website sorry.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 10:34 am
That happens
0 Replies

StudentOfGod

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 12:35 am
www.defineyourgod.com
neologist

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 02:12 am
@StudentOfGod,
OK, But what do YOU think?
aperson

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 03:47 pm
@StudentOfGod,
I like this one:

"God is stagnation and self-righteous malice towards anything significantly different. Religion as his medium is where bright ideas go to die."
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 03:54 pm
@StudentOfGod,
I am amused, but not self-righteous, so see that most of the people on this websight are atheists. The top 5 posts are atheistic.http://able2know.org/topic/127679-3#post-3562990 Haha post number 7 was stolen from Richard Dawkins. http://www.defineyourgod.com/god.php?id=7
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 11:34 pm
@neologist,
Holy crap! Neo just posted! I wasn't sure if you still read A2K! Where you been hiding? Did you fall into a coffee coma?

T
K
O
neologist

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 12:17 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

Holy crap! Neo just posted! I wasn't sure if you still read A2K! Where you been hiding? Did you fall into a coffee coma?

T
K
O
I've been so busy with eBay, I haven't had much time.

I'll try to stick around some more. This is fun, ya know?
Diest TKO

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 12:53 am
@neologist,
You went on the A2K MIA list a couple of weeks ago.

T
K
O
neologist

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 12:58 am
@Diest TKO,
That must have been when my brain fell out.

It took a few days to stuff it back in, 'cause my grandson stepped on it and it swole up so big we had to ice it back down.

I'm not sure we got it all in, either.
Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 06:17 am
@neologist,
well I hope most of it is stuffed back ok neo.

I think what this shows is that there are as many definitions of "god" as there are people to define the word. Therefore as a single entity it is meaningless, except as a useful shorthand for stuff we don't understand and suspect we never will.

There is a bus advertising campaign in London proclaiming "There is probably no God, so stop worrying and enjoy your life". The particular bus I remember had skidded on snow and crashed on the pavement, which gave a certain poignancy.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 02:31 pm
Our definition of God is, in the grand scheme of things, irrelevant. If God does exist as the entity who calls himself "He who causes to become", then it might be a worthwhile endeavor on our part to search him out.
Ashers

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 03:16 pm
I read a story on the BBC that described a bus driver who upon seeing this new advert across his bus, refused to drive it. I think it said he was startled by it's bluntness! If I’d been the bus company I think I’d of told him to stop messing about or find a new job. Disappointingly the bus company was much more accommodating to his beliefs and moved quickly to rectify the situation. It reminds me of “won’t somebody please think of the children?”. Except now it’s not children but quite a substantial number of adults who seem to need their hand held for fear of upsetting this insane artificial balancing act we have going on. Not sure there’ll be much soul searching for “He who causes to become” in this scenario but let’s see how it plays out in the future.
neologist

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 05:58 pm
@Ashers,
I personally would not care to silence the naysayers, lest the same blanket be thrown over me.

If speech is free, the truth will out.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 06:04 pm
God is an unknowable mystery...whether you believe or not is completely insignificant
Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 06:10 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
...If God does exist as the entity who calls himself "He who causes to become", then it might be a worthwhile endeavor on our part to search him out.
But we have been searching. Very hard. Everywhere. And found absolutely no evidence whatsoever for the existence of "God". Surely the existence of the omniscient omnipresent omnipotent God should be bloody obvious, and not for us to use all our energies and wit to discover? Moreover on what basis do you assert that God is male? The fact is we know nothing about the nature of God. Except that everyone has their own definition of the word, thus making it redundant.
aperson

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 09:58 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Not to you. Belief does have a fairly profound impact on your life...
neologist

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 11:59 pm
@Steve 41oo,
When Jesus was alive, the Pharisees failed to recognize him in spite of his miracles. The problem for them was that he did not fit their expectations or standards.

One would do well to examine his own thoughts in this regard.
Diest TKO

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 01:02 am
@neologist,
Yes Neo! Keep posting! Feed the urge!

Return to A2k!

You're one of the better academic theologists (IMO) on A2K. We need your input. Without it, were left to the evangelicals, and that's a sad road. I don't agree with your viewpoint, but I always find your posts fascinating.

Thanks for the return.
K
O
neologist

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 02:14 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

Yes Neo! Keep posting! Feed the urge!

Return to A2k!

You're one of the better academic theologists (IMO) on A2K. We need your input. Without it, were left to the evangelicals, and that's a sad road. I don't agree with your viewpoint, but I always find your posts fascinating.

Thanks for the return.
K
O
AWWW!
0 Replies