scary little changes

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:43 pm
MzPoe,

I see you have met everyone? You will find many on these threads that do not believe in God and will let you know how they think of you because you do believe. And, it seems that fanatic is what is used for most of those that believe the way we do. Not everyone thinks this, mind you.

I, too, am a believer. I am a Christian and I am so grateful that I am.

As far as taking God out of everything, oh yes, it is being done systematically. And, at the risk of inviting attack, I don't think it has a thing to do with separation of church and state. I do think it has everything to do with declining morals in the world.

Now, there are many that are not Christian on these threads that exhibit morals and good ethics. There are always exceptions to the rule. So, I am not going to use that wide paint brush here.

But, overall, taking God out of everything is just part of the prophecy laid our in the Book of Revelation.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:47 pm
Green Witch wrote:
I thought our dark lord and master was Setanta?

You may have something there. Let me give that a shot...

Oh, Setanta, bristle-backed beast, ye of the slitted tongue and cloven hooves, please hear our dark prayers, Setanta...Naah, I'm not sure it has the same zip as Beelzebub. Although I do believe he loves the taste of goat's blood...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:49 pm
Momma Angel, at least you have the guts to stick around and not allow us heathens to shake your faith - it shows you have the real fire and not just the lip service.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:52 pm
roger wrote:
Stevepax wrote:
Mzpoe wrote:
Mzpoe wrote:
Sorry to see that this upsets you so- WHO'S the fanatic?
I am not by far a fanatic, I just heard something that disturbed me and wanted to discuss it. If you are for some reason taking this personally, you should not. There is an old saying

OPINIONS ARE LIKE ****- EVERYONE HAS ONE
I am simply looking for opinions, not a sweaty debate
Stevepax, my reply is the same to you

I gave you my opinion. Keep your superstitions to yourself and don't insist that others practice them.

I'll take the suggestion to heart. Will you?

You betcha, just as soon as I get the religious fanatics to stop the offensive and keep their religion in church.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:57 pm
kickycan wrote:
Green Witch wrote:

Oh, Setanta, bristle-backed beast, ye of the slitted tongue and cloven hooves, please hear our dark prayers, Setanta...Naah, I'm not sure it has the same zip as Beelzebub. Although I do believe he loves the taste of goat's blood...

Setanta admits to it here:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=64435&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:00 pm
Okay, Stevepax. I think your getting my drift.

Actually, I got lost in the embedded quotes, and didn't realize that was your post. Apologies all around.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:02 pm
Mzpoe wrote:
In what possible sector does religion have anything to do with superstition? HHEEEEELLLOOOOOOO!

It has EVERYTHING to do with superstition.

If you don't believe in Jesus, you aren't going to heaven.

Prove heaven. Prove Jesus was anything more than a man who had spiritual leanings. Prove Mohammed rode a horse into the heavens. Prove Moses parted the sea.

Prove anything!! The Native Americans worshiped a lot of things. What makes you any more right than they are?

Mythology, superstition, and old wifes tales.

By the way, don't pull out the Bible to try to prove these things, it's just a book with a lot of stories and fables. Just like the Brothers Grimm and Mother Goose.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:02 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Here we deal with fanatics like you a lot. Here's a thread you might want to check out. George ran away and soon you will too:http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=64367

and to answer your question: God (and Goddess') belongs in churches, synagogues, mosques, grottos, shrines and private homes - not in public schools, public funded spaces, courts or governments. And the fact that we cannot agree if we are talking about a God or a Goddess is the very reason.

Well gosh golly aren't you just the cheeriest welcome wagon...
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:04 pm
roger wrote:
Okay, Stevepax. I think your getting my drift.

Actually, I got lost in the embedded quotes, and didn't realize that was your post. Apologies all around.

No problem Roger! Mr. Green
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:05 pm
Piffka wrote:
And... by the way... IN GOD WE TRUST wasn't added to our coinage until after the Civil War.

This is from the US Treasury Website.
Quote:
The motto IN GOD WE TRUST was placed on United States coins largely because of the increased religious sentiment existing during the Civil War. Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase received many appeals from devout persons throughout the country, urging that the United States recognize the Deity on United States coins. From Treasury Department records, it appears that the first such appeal came in a letter dated November 13, 1861.

The phrase UNDER GOD wasn't added to the Pledge of Allegiance until the 1950's in response to the "red scare."

Check and double check Piffka, you beat me to the punch!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:06 pm
Green Witch Wrote:

Quote:
Momma Angel, at least you have the guts to stick around and not allow us heathens to shake your faith - it shows you have the real fire and not just the lip service.

Thank you. I take that as a compliment.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:07 pm
Is is meant as one.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:08 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
MzPoe,

I see you have met everyone? You will find many on these threads that do not believe in God and will let you know how they think of you because you do believe. And, it seems that fanatic is what is used for most of those that believe the way we do. Not everyone thinks this, mind you.

I, too, am a believer. I am a Christian and I am so grateful that I am.

As far as taking God out of everything, oh yes, it is being done systematically. And, at the risk of inviting attack, I don't think it has a thing to do with separation of church and state. I do think it has everything to do with declining morals in the world.

Now, there are many that are not Christian on these threads that exhibit morals and good ethics. There are always exceptions to the rule. So, I am not going to use that wide paint brush here.

But, overall, taking God out of everything is just part of the prophecy laid our in the Book of Revelation.

Revelations also states that most of you will be sucked in by a "false messiah".
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:10 pm
Green Witch wrote:

So did I, and he's not the rug over his head to prove it Smile
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:13 pm
kickycan wrote:
Green Witch wrote:

Actually, I thought that was going very well!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:13 pm
Green Witch wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Green Witch wrote:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=64435&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Ha! I bet he's using that towel in his avatar to cover the number of the beast on his head.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:34 pm
Wouldn't be at all surprised...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 09:11 pm
Stevepax Wrote:

Quote:
Revelations also states that most of you will be sucked in by a "false messiah".

And just who might that "you" be? And the Bible clearly points out how you will know who the false messiah is.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 09:14 pm
Momma and Mzpoe, what do you guys think about what has been pointed out regarding how recent the "In God We Trust" stuff is?

Do you think it's false?

Do you think the people who "snuck" it in there in the first place did the right thing?

Did you already know how recent it was?

Have you considered that taking it out would be a return to how things have been for most of our history? If so, what do you think about that.

Freedom to worship however one might choose is much different from the government directing every American to trust in God.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 09:17 pm
kickycan wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Green Witch wrote:

Ha! I bet he's using that towel in his avatar to cover the number of the beast on his head.

no towel joking for me
0 Replies