scary little changes

Mzpoe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 04:53 pm
I heard on the radio today that "they" are trying to take "In God We Trust" off of our currency, this may not alarm some of you, but it scares me to death. How many little changes are we going to allow before we see the big picture slowly coming into focus? I suppose that by doing things in small doses "they" feel like no one is paying attention, I AM!!!
First they take prayer out of schools, then the Pledge of allegiance then they money, WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 16,160 • Replies: 428
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 05:04 pm
It's called the separation of church and state - I'm all for it.
0 Replies

Mzpoe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 05:11 pm
I assure you, I am aware of what it is called. I am wondering why this separation is so neccesary. And if it is so important why do they always show presidents in church, or why doesn't anyone running for political office ever stand up and say "hey I'm an atheist and proud of it"? Why are they always insinuating that they are church-going, law abiding citizens?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 05:15 pm
GreenWitch--

You speak for me.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 05:24 pm
Without the separation of C&S you have groups like the Taliban, Evangelicals, and other fanatics telling the majority how they should live. I wish they would stop politicans from flaunting their so called devoutness. I'm sick of hearing "God Bless America" spoken by people who think they are God. Based on the current administration, with their love of blood shed and dirty doings, I would say they are good example of the hypocrisy of religion in government. So how about we change the saying "In God We Trust" to "In the Goddess We Trust", does that work for you?
0 Replies

Mzpoe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 05:29 pm
No that does't work for me- I DO TRUST IN GOD!!! Back to the original ?
Maybe I should rephrase it-
Is it okay to systematically remove God from everything?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 05:35 pm
Here we deal with fanatics like you a lot. Here's a thread you might want to check out. George ran away and soon you will too:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=64367

and to answer your question: God (and Goddess') belongs in churches, synagogues, mosques, grottos, shrines and private homes - not in public schools, public funded spaces, courts or governments. And the fact that we cannot agree if we are talking about a God or a Goddess is the very reason.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 05:41 pm
God belongs in the church, not in the government.

Frankly, I doubt that "GOD" gives a damn about our money.

Trust in God all you wish, just do it on your own time. We're not trying to remove "GOD" from everything. Just from where it doesn't belong. If you want "GOD" in your kids school, send them to a religious school. I don't want my kids having to deal with your mysticism and your superstitions. Keep them to yourself please.
0 Replies

Mzpoe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 05:42 pm
Sorry to see that this upsets you so- WHO'S the fanatic?
I am not by far a fanatic, I just heard something that disturbed me and wanted to discuss it. If you are for some reason taking this personally, you should not. There is an old saying

OPINIONS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES- EVERYONE HAS ONE
I am simply looking for opinions, not a sweaty debate
0 Replies

Mzpoe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 05:44 pm
Mzpoe wrote:
Sorry to see that this upsets you so- WHO'S the fanatic?
I am not by far a fanatic, I just heard something that disturbed me and wanted to discuss it. If you are for some reason taking this personally, you should not. There is an old saying

OPINIONS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES- EVERYONE HAS ONE
I am simply looking for opinions, not a sweaty debate
Stevepax, my reply is the same to you
0 Replies

Mzpoe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 05:47 pm
I am sorry, maybe I am mistaken, you see I was under the impression that thisforum was "Spirituality & Religion" not Down with jesus freaks- I simply wanted to discuss this topic with like minded individuals not communists!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 05:49 pm
Welcome to the forum, Mz. I'm sure you will have fun here if you stick around. But you really must try to grow thicker skin. Most folks who have been here for a while have sharpened their arguments to the point :wink: where they could become painful if you take them the wrong way.

So, tell us: Why do you find it deplorable that we might have a more complete separation of church and state?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 05:52 pm
In response to this:

Green Witch wrote:
It's called the separation of church and state - I'm all for it.

Mzpoe wrote:
I assure you, I am aware of what it is called. I am wondering why this separation is so neccesary.

Hey Mzpoe, this separation that you don't think we need...it's part of the constitution. If you don't like it, maybe you should go find a country that actually supports this idiocy you support. Maybe you should move somewhere that has a good theocracy going...

Just suggestin'

Interesting that there aren't any Christian theocracies. I wonder why that is. To young a religion? The pope doesn't have enough balls to kill all the sinners and get something started? Who knows...
0 Replies

Mzpoe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 05:59 pm
BACK TO THE POINT OF MY? IT IS NOT ABOUT THE SEP. OF C&S, IT IS ABOUT TAKING GOD OUT OF EVEYTHING.

Thank you neologist, maybe my being one of the young is making the elders of the pack hungry!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 06:03 pm
It IS about separation of church of state, though -- you can't just say it isn't and have it be so.

This isn't about whether people can say grace at their family dinner table. It's about whether "In God We Trust" belongs on federally-issued money.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 06:06 pm
Mzpoe- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

As a newbie, you are not familiar with the "cast of characters" over here. Basically, we are a friendly bunch, with strong opinions, which we have no problem with sharing.

I think that it might be a good idea for you first to get to know the "lay of the land". In that way, you will understand the tone of this site, and won't become unduly peturbed when you are challenged.

We're all pussycats over here. It's just that some of us have longer claws than others! Laughing
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 06:10 pm
Mzpoe wrote:
Is it okay to systematically remove God from everything?

Everything, Mzpoe? You don't mean everything, right?

Welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 06:11 pm
sozobe wrote:
This isn't about whether people can say grace at their family dinner table. It's about whether "In God We Trust" belongs on federally-issued money.

I agree with Soz. I think that the problem is, that we have been living with this saying on our cash for so long, that we take it for granted, and usually don't think much about it.

If we DID sit down and really thought about it, we would realize that the government, through taxpayer money, is advocating a religious stance of which many of its citizens do not agree. Even if we all DID agree, I believe that the saying is highly inappropriate on federally distributed currency.
0 Replies

Mzpoe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 06:12 pm
Apparently, not everything all at once, but it appears to me to be little by little
0 Replies

Mzpoe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 06:15 pm
I do agree phoenix, we have all been living with it so long that we don't pay it any attention. Question, wasn't the U.S. founded(government and all) on the right to believe? or not?
So if this is true then why isn't it okay that I believe and am disturbed by this "phase out"
0 Replies