scary little changes

Joeblow

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 06:16 pm
Can you articulate why these changes are scary for you?
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 06:20 pm
Mzpoe wrote:
Mzpoe wrote:
Sorry to see that this upsets you so- WHO'S the fanatic?
I am not by far a fanatic, I just heard something that disturbed me and wanted to discuss it. If you are for some reason taking this personally, you should not. There is an old saying

OPINIONS ARE LIKE ****- EVERYONE HAS ONE
I am simply looking for opinions, not a sweaty debate
Stevepax, my reply is the same to you

I gave you my opinion. Keep your superstitions to yourself and don't insist that others practice them.
0 Replies

Mzpoe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 06:24 pm
Because as I stated previously, it's not about c&s for me (really).
It seems to me that God is being erased from everything, and as one person put it on the radio
" they can take him out of whatever they want to, as long as he is in your heart". Which I also feel is true but I guess I feel that he is being wiped out and our world is in trouble and the more He is phased out the fewer people will believe in him or even worse, after a few generations he may be non-existant. I have four children, and am proud to say that I was raised in a religious home. I believe in God and the end of the world and find it almost ironic that with all that is going on He is fading out
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 06:25 pm
Mzpoe, do you think separation of church and state is a bad idea, in general?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 06:29 pm
Quote:
It seems to me that God is being erased from everything, and as one person put it on the radio
" they can take him out of whatever they want to, as long as he is in your heart".

Mzpoe- An excellent idea. For those who believe, a person can have all the God that he/she wants in homes, churches religious schools, and private gatherings. IMO, God does not belong in government, period.

For people who don't believe, the inclusion of God in government is an affront. For people who do believe, many agree with non-believers that God and government should not mix in a free society.
0 Replies

Mzpoe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 06:53 pm
I do not so much think that s of c&s is a good or bad idea, I think that the only reason we have these freedoms is because of church, i.e. coming to america to practice what you do or do not choose to. And the constitution is based on all Godly principals, most of the authors (founding fathers) were religious leaders. I just did a search on how many times the word GOD is found in the constitution, the answer 11. Seems to me that he had alot to do with it huh?
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 06:57 pm
Mzpoe, you still here? I didn't ditch you, I had hoped you might also try to tackle soz's question.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:00 pm
Er. I didn't see your post before I posted mine...not sure why.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:07 pm
Stevepax wrote:
Mzpoe wrote:
Mzpoe wrote:
Sorry to see that this upsets you so- WHO'S the fanatic?
I am not by far a fanatic, I just heard something that disturbed me and wanted to discuss it. If you are for some reason taking this personally, you should not. There is an old saying

OPINIONS ARE LIKE ****- EVERYONE HAS ONE
I am simply looking for opinions, not a sweaty debate
Stevepax, my reply is the same to you

I gave you my opinion. Keep your superstitions to yourself and don't insist that others practice them.

I'll take the suggestion to heart. Will you?
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:08 pm
But I guess it still stands.

Seems to me it would be important to answer the question, Mzpoe.
0 Replies

Mzpoe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:11 pm
I did answer the ? but it seems to me that people want to make that the topic when it's not.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:11 pm
Mzpoe wrote:
I do not so much think that s of c&s is a good or bad idea, I think that the only reason we have these freedoms is because of church, i.e. coming to america to practice what you do or do not choose to. And the constitution is based on all Godly principals, most of the authors (founding fathers) were religious leaders. I just did a search on how many times the word GOD is found in the constitution, the answer 11. Seems to me that he had alot to do with it huh?

Really? I just did that and found zero. Which country are you from again??
0 Replies

Mzpoe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:13 pm
In what possible sector does religion have anything to do with superstition? HHEEEEELLLOOOOOOO!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:14 pm
And... by the way... IN GOD WE TRUST wasn't added to our coinage until after the Civil War.

This is from the US Treasury Website.
Quote:
The motto IN GOD WE TRUST was placed on United States coins largely because of the increased religious sentiment existing during the Civil War. Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase received many appeals from devout persons throughout the country, urging that the United States recognize the Deity on United States coins. From Treasury Department records, it appears that the first such appeal came in a letter dated November 13, 1861.

The phrase UNDER GOD wasn't added to the Pledge of Allegiance until the 1950's in response to the "red scare."
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:18 pm
Oh, but it is. Can't you see that?

You're afraid, I acknowledge that.

Perhaps you wanted to talk about that.
0 Replies

username

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:24 pm
Hey, I can remember when "they" snuck "under god" INTO the Pledge of Allegiance, confounding the Founding Fathers and breaking down the separation of church and state. By all means, let's return to the original intent here.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:26 pm
I am dumbfounded, Mzpoe.
0 Replies

Mzpoe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:28 pm
#! piffka, I digress, I am not too big nor too "fanatical" to admit a mistake, in rushing to find info I mistook the number 11, it was the beginning of a run on sentence. I was wrong

#2 Joe- there is no fear in me! Only the fear of God!

To everyone, I am not a fanatic, Iam a believer and I will seriuosly pray for all of you.

Good night.
MzPoe
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:39 pm
Good. She's asleep. Now we can bring out the pentagram and the goat for the ritual sacrifice to our dark lord and master, Beelzebub...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:41 pm
I thought our dark lord and master was Setanta?
0 Replies