scary little changes

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 11:38 am
mesquite wrote:
I don't know when it will be shown again, but Fox generally gets as much mileage as possible from their specials. You would have loved it, MA. Pat Robertson could have been the script writer.

You can see a short video clip here.

Religion in America - Church and State

I'm going to have to watch for that. I guess you missed the polls they showed? I can't make much of a comment on this because I only saw a very short clip.

So, I guess the part Pat Robertson could have written was a bit further into the show.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 01:08 pm
I don't think I missed anything. IMO Pat could have written the intro that you watched. Did it get your juices flowing? Did you see any sign of "fair and balanced"? Typical Fox story IMO, but I pointed you to it because I thought you would like it, not because it had any educational value. :wink:
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 01:13 pm
mesquite wrote:
I don't think I missed anything. IMO Pat could have written the intro that you watched. Did it get your juices flowing? Did you see any sign of "fair and balanced"? Typical Fox story IMO, but I pointed you to it because I thought you would like it, not because it had any educational value. :wink:

Mesquite,

If I only heard something about one side how can I make an informed decision about the whole story? I have no idea whether the other side even had a say in it. I only have your word for it, right? And, quite honestly, don't you think you are a bit predisposed to being a bit biased on this issue? I probably am also. But, like I said, I only saw a very short clip that just stated how some Christians felt about it. That is all that was there. I didn't hear a thing about how non-Christians felt, etc.

I cannot make an informed decision about it. Why did you think I would like it? Because you think I follow Pat Robertson or something? Through all these posts, you still have no clue about me. None whatsoever.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 01:37 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
I cannot make an informed decision about it. Why did you think I would like it? Because you think I follow Pat Robertson or something? Through all these posts, you still have no clue about me. None whatsoever.

Put up or shut up time. Please tell me one thing concerning the separation of church and state issue that you disagree with Pat Robertson about.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 01:41 pm
mesquite wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

Put up or shut up time. Please tell me one thing concerning the separation of church and state issue that you disagree with Pat Robertson about.

First of all, I haven't got a clue as to everything he thinks about church and state. I don't pay a lot of attention to what he says, Mesquite. He may agree with some of the things that I agree with, but, I am not going to align myself with anyone that would actually call for us to assassinate someone.

And don't bring up the president, please. We aren't talking about the president. We are talking about Pat Robertson.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 02:10 pm
I think I have had enough discussions with you about the separation of church and state issue to make a supposition that you would have liked and agreed with the progam that Fox presented. That is what I indicated.

I was commenting on the program content not trying to get into what MA likes.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 02:19 pm
Well, like I said, until I see the whole show I can't really comment on it.

As for Pat Robertson, oh nevermind.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 09:33 pm
John Creasy wrote:
Many of the founders were deists......

A very common misconception.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 07:17 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
I can agree with separation of church and state to a certain degree. I cannot agree to it when it conflicts with the laws of God.

That is one of the funniest statements I have ever seen here.

It is, in a sense, intellectual onomatopoeia, also.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 07:22 pm
dlowan wrote:
intellectual onomatopoeia

Ooooh! Bootiful!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 07:33 pm
sozobe wrote:
dlowan wrote:
intellectual onomatopoeia

Ooooh! Bootiful!

Embarrassed

[size=7]You got it!! Smooooch![/size]
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 08:47 pm
dlowan Wrote:

Quote:

1) Could you tell me why it's so funny to you?

2) I looked up that word and I think am not exactly sure what you meant. So, before I comment, can you explain what you mean?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 11:48 am
Momma Angel wrote:
dlowan Wrote:

Quote:

2) I looked up that word and I think am not exactly sure what you meant. So, before I comment, can you explain what you mean?

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I just gotta jump in here. What was meant is substantially and substantively more self evident than anything relating to the specific subset of the Abrahamic Mythopaeia to which by your post we must conclued you subscribe and which in your posts to these discussions is incessantly proselytized yet never defended or supported in any forensically valid, rational manner.

So to your questions:
Quote:

Your statement that you " ... can agree with separation of church and state to a certain degree. I cannot agree to it when it conflicts with the laws of God" presents a classic oymoronic, self-cancelling absurdity, based on a central proposition which proceeds from an illicit premise supported only within its own canon and tradition, ignores the concept of Constitutional Law, and purports, in the absence of any legitimte validation whatsoever, the ascendance of a particular interpretatation of a particular religious construct over both any other religious construct and over any sociopolitical construct, while claiming to not do so. Such a statement exemplifies in signal manner all that is entailed within the concept popularly referred to as brainwashing.

The humor therein is akin to that to be found found in watching a tail-docked dog frenetically chasing its own vestigial tale; entusiasm, energy, focus, yes - point, purpose, rationale, or prospect of success? Amusingly unvailable, given the conditions at hand and the resources available to the spinning dog, amplified by the fact the dog does not and cannot realize the futile absurdity of its endeavors in such regard, never tiring of the goalless game. What the pup is after is not merely beyond reach, it simply ain't there other than in the pup's imagination; it is an obsession dependent wholly upon that which is not.

Quote:

Probably not - if it requires explantion, the underlying psychsocial prerequisites likely are no more there than the peripatetic pup's tail.

But don't let any of that in any way hinder your enjoyment of the chase.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 12:02 pm
Not only Deb's comment is funny but Timber answer is utterly amusing! Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 12:06 pm
Well, Timber amazed me so much I still haven't a clue! Timber, layman's language, please.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 07:43 pm
Well, for starters, he meant "oxymoronic" not "oymoronic".....this may help a great deal.

Timbe, LOL!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 07:55 pm
dlowan wrote:
Well, for starters, he meant "oxymoronic" not "oymoronic".....this may help a great deal.

Timbe, LOL!

dlowan,

I wish that cleared it up! It kind of messes it up for me when I have to look up every other word! Very Happy

Hey oymoronic...hmmm, is that a dyslexia term? He types oy a lot. Wonder if that's what he means? :wink: (Another meager attempt at humor.)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 08:15 pm
timber-

What species of tree have you been chewing the bark of?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 08:20 pm
Green Witch wrote:
It's called the separation of church and state - I'm all for it.

And a very enlightened way to go it is, too! Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 08:22 pm
MOAN, however, is an antidisestablishmentarian who regrets that there was no establishment to have been disestablished . . .
0 Replies