Mommy Tantrums

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 02:44 pm
I am truthfully at the point I am about ready to throw myself on the ground and scream and cry right along with Jillian.

The past almost 2 hours has been nothing but screaming and crying.
She wont sleep in her bed.
Well, its not that she wont, it is that she wont take a nap... wich isnt too strange, she mas missed naps before, but this time it is about the new bed and not about not being tired enough.
I have rocked her.
made another bottle
stood outside the door for a few minutes letting her just calm down
read book after book
and the entire time she is just screaming and wailing.
Im feeling desperate to get her to take a nap just for the silence because my nerves are shot and tears are going to start rolling out of my eyes.
I have taken her out of her room and just gave up on the nap idea and tried to get back into day time routine.. she still screamed.
She is just now quiet.. and playing.. and my hair is still standing on end.. my teeth are powder from grinding them and i just wanna run away and hide in a closet somewhere..
i want to beat up that toddler bed.. its all that beds damn fault
I wanna yell at the birds for singing too loud shoot them all in their fluffy little heads how dare they sing
i want to throw this pillow out the window for not being all puffy like it was when i bought it..
ohh
the joys of parenting a 2 year old.....

and she isnt even 2.. Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,695 • Replies: 59
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 02:49 pm
The joy of toddlers is that they're not babies.
The horror of toddlers is that they're not infants.

Fresh air time?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 02:53 pm
How was she about napping before the new bed? K gave up naps for good at 20 months unless I sat on the edge of her bed and gave her a backrub until she fell asleep. Then, she'd sleep for hours.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:01 pm
fresh air time wont happen until dad gets home and then i only have but a few seconds because i work tonight at 530 and he gets home at 445

Im not quite sure she is ready to give up naps.
before the toddler bed, naps were getting a bit shorter, and some days missed all together because either we didnt go to the park.. or had a lazy day wich she just wasnt tired enough.
yesterday JB Bean threw herself out of the crib and on to the floor..
so.. we had to get a toddler bed and fast because that was a lesson she wont un-learn.

so.. i am convinced it is the toddler bed.
I can tell she is tired. but mention of, or sight of that bed and she just wails..
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:13 pm
Could it be she associates naps with falling out of the crib? Happened twice yesterday, right?

And hoo-boy do I know about being ready to tear one's hair.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:15 pm
I dont think I have ever truly understood the term " i wanna tear my hair out" until today,,, because that sounds like something I could do to give this stress somewhere to go..

oh holy hell..

yeah.. actually.. I never thought about that DD.
She COULD very well be scared..
top that off with a NEW bed and a NEWly designed room..
ok
makes sense..

now where is her off button????
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:17 pm
oh no!! bookmarking cause I'm on dial-up and wanna keep concerned eye on ya!!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:17 pm
I used to shut myself in the closet.

Can you lay down with her in the bed?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:18 pm
hmmm, if she's skipped naps before maybe just letting her play quietly in her room for awhile today would be a good idea. Maybe she'll fall asleep while playing (on the bed or off).
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:19 pm
Talk to her about change.

And that this change is to keep her safe.

Ask if she wants to look around the room while you hold her hand, etc.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:20 pm
no.
this bed is as long as an average 6 year old and only holds about 70 lbs?

i did sit by her bed and let her sit with her legs crossed and just tried talking to her... but couldnt talk over the screaming. thats about when i started crying from the anxiety and stress.. so we came down stairs.

i dont know what i am going to do. I cant handle this for several days in a transition period. I dont know what is going to happen tonight.
Last night it lasted until 11 and she just couldnt keep her eyes open anymore and THAT is why she went to sleep.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:21 pm
oh I wonder if supernanny is on tonight Wink tips tips tips
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:22 pm
Normally I'd recommend leaving and shutting the door until she goes to sleep. But it's a new bed and all...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:28 pm
and i would and have done that before,
i even tried that a bit today

aint workin..

whats super nanny?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:32 pm
IMO, she needs a familiarization tour. Sloooowwwwly.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:33 pm
<can I ask why everything in the room was changed last night? wasn't there another thread about Bean not doing well with several things being changed at the same time?>
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:33 pm
Like... how?

today, we spent an hour just playing in the room WAAYYY before nap time so she could get used to the room.
BUT- the downside of that is that she has never played in that room before.
Probaly confused her..

so how can i do this?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:36 pm
If she feel asleep last night at 11:00 because she was exhausted and hasn't napped today, she'll probably fall asleep sooner tonight. It will be a tough couple days for all of you, but give her the opportunity for a nap, talk to her about changes and big girl beds, and fear, etc., and then let her fall asleep when she's tired. Once she's slept in the bed a couple nights she should adjust to it for naps. Does she have any toys or stuffed animals in the bed?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:38 pm
Oh wait, is the bed in a different room than where her crib was? Can you put the bed in her old room and take away the crib?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:41 pm
Just talk to her, shewolf. Ask her if she's frightened, ask her what she likes or doesn't like about the room. Show her the bed, and underneath the bed, and how neat it is to have covers. Show her the covers on the face plates and talk about how they've been added to keep her safe. Ask her if she remembers falling out of the crib. Show her how she can climb down from her new bed.
0 Replies