Our Troops Must Stay

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:35 am
setting:
In the fall of 1965, an organization called the Vietnam Day Committee staged a huge anti-war rally at the University of California in Berkeley. A young man, an apparent farm hand or rube athlete enters the stage. He digs a harmonica from his chest pocket and plays "Home on the range" the audience is enraged. He says something about "You don't reject militarism by becoming militant", more boos and hisses from the audience.
Which brings me to the point I wish to make here: It's fairly easy to change the world, you do it by changing yourself.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:59 am
Re: Stevepax
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Other readers of this thread must be getting bored at the pissing match because it could go on forever. Good way to kill a thread.

Agreeing to disagree might allow the rest of us to get back to the topic of this thread.

Thanks.

BBB Smile

That's why I let Emily win the match BBB. I got her number when I saw her stomping her little feet at someone else in another Topic.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:15 pm
Steve (as41oo), In a way, they're already doing it. That's why the Services have come up so short on enlisting. There is also something about obeying illegal orders, although I haven't looked into what that really means.

This situation with BushCo reminds me of California with Davis. He won, and a year later, he was recalled. Too bad we can get rid of Presidents as easily.

The United States likes to crack on the European Governments, but at least you can force early elections when the leadership is so far off base.

And yes, maybe I am having a tantrum as Emily suggests,. She is so proper you know. However I think we as a people have let the current administration take advantage of the American guilt of how we treated returning VietVets. They have very handily used that guilt to translate "support the troops" into "support the war". Go ahead, Hate the war the cynical bastards wheeze, but for GOD'S SAKES, support the troops. By the way we need another 85 Billion to support the troops ... sign the check here.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:22 pm
dyslexia wrote:
setting:
In the fall of 1965, an organization called the Vietnam Day Committee staged a huge anti-war rally at the University of California in Berkeley. A young man, an apparent farm hand or rube athlete enters the stage. He digs a harmonica from his chest pocket and plays "Home on the range" the audience is enraged. He says something about "You don't reject militarism by becoming militant", more boos and hisses from the audience.
Which brings me to the point I wish to make here: It's fairly easy to change the world, you do it by changing yourself.

I dunno Dys. It seems to work for the war crowd. We are waging a war that WE started in order to win "peace". We certainly aren't fighting terrorism, at least we weren't when we went into Iraq. Unfortuantely, we brought it there, and we just can't seem to get rid of what we started.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:35 pm
Was that rube you, dys?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:42 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Was that rube you, dys?

well, I may have been there at the time, I don't recall the particulars.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:48 pm
Steve, if "Stevepax" were in the habit of thinking carefully, then his idiotic remark about not mourging the troops who die, and not mourning for their families would never have been made, and this passage would never have taken place. I sugges to you that you do not hold your breath while waiting for that member to beginning thinking carefully . . .
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:56 pm
Emily, Your idea of thinking carefully is kissing the bottoms of the Bush Administration. You will never see me make that move. I will leave that to you.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:57 pm
By the way Emily, I thought you went off to pout after you proved how childish you are!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:00 pm
There is no way that i would ever consider a sentence in which you have used the verb "to think" to be other than errant fantasy.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:01 pm
OK Set I concede your reference to "hysteria"
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:03 pm
Stevepax wrote:
Emily, Your idea of thinking carefully is kissing the bottoms of the Bush Administration. You will never see me make that move. I will leave that to you.

BWAH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Whew!

Good one.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:04 pm
When one displays an unintentional sense of humor, it is a rare idiocy indeed . . .
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:23 pm
Well, you'd sniff not lick. Everyone knows that....
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:04 pm
That's entertainment!
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:12 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Well, you'd sniff not lick. Everyone knows that....

Sniffing is about the tops that Emily can chance. Licking could actually mean doing something.
0 Replies