• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 549 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 01:45 pm
Nice. That's funny.

Not quite as flaky, but I have a friend that bought an 89 Porsche 911 a couple years back. I believe it was the last year the 911 was air cooled(read: no coolant). Definitely not as obvious, like if a car has headlight fluid, but if you're buying this collectible car, you should know that pretty basic thing.

He's on the phone right when he bought it setting up an appointment with a mechanic to have some things done along with an initial check-up. Our boss was behind him, and said "Dave, make sure you have him check the coolant," and Dave relayed the message, then from the mechanic's reaction, realizing he sounded like a dumbass. He actually had no clue the car was air cooled.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 01:55 pm
MoJo in the morning is a radio show here in Detroit and they do all sorts of crazy stuff to stupid people. Gotta love it.

They do the War of the Roses where they call a guy and say he's won a promo for a free bouquet of roses and ask who he wants to send them to. Usually it's the wife calling in and thinking her man has a girl on the side. And some guys actually pick their girlfriends while their wives are on the line listening. It's pretty mean but...funny as hell.
0 Replies