My GF thinks I'm looking at every girl in the street.....

Eva

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 11:06 pm
Good idea, subtleone.

I figured if it was MY honeymoon, I'd want all the attention. I would have been more "proactive," as you put it. I wouldn't have just simmered the whole time.

But then, I know a lot of women who would. And then they whine about it later. (Sigh) I can't stand whiners. If a woman's not happy about something, I say it's up to her to do something to change it. Same thing goes for men.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 12:50 am
subtleone wrote:
My friend, always with a bit of a smile, often tells me of her sister's honeymoon.

The sister and her new husband agrued the whole time. They had traveled to Hawaii to spend a week on the beach together; she wore modest beach attire, but her husband gawked at each and every bikini-clad woman who walked by, and boy, there were a ton of them. Woman after woman. She was miserable the whole time and did her best to make her husband miserable, too, though I'm not sure how much success she had...

Oh, dear. We're going to Hawaii in a couple of days, and I'm just hoping for the strength of character to not turn into this woman. Embarrassed I read this story to my boyfriend and he got completely irritated and smarled, "If you even start--!" I have an unfortunate tendency to be exactly like that in that kind of situation, and it's going to really bug my boyfriend if I even bring it up, but I can hardly help myself. Everyone wish me luck, wish me self-confidence...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 12:52 pm
Buy a bikini, cyphercat. A really skimpy one.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 05:34 pm
Oh, I have a skimpy bikini, Eva...what I want to buy is cover-ups for the other women with skimpy bikinis...and a new improved self-image to go with my bikini. Wink
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 05:50 pm
cyphercat,
Does your loved one have a wandering set of eyeballs, or is he pretty good in that department? Some men are better at sneaking peaks than others. Laughing
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 05:58 pm
He's either very nice about not looking, or very, very sneaky... He is a man, so it's probably more likely the latter. Twisted Evil
No, really I have no reason to fuss, I just am very suspicious and very insecure. Smile He loves me anyway, for some reason.
0 Replies

escvelocity

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 03:38 pm
Why is it that when these jealousy topics come up i always see the age old defence that it is a males instinct to gawk at other women, and no one takes the time to actually research a females instinctive nature.
Your girlfriend is not abnormal, or weird. Atleast she is trying to communicate with you, instead of turning violent. Female /Female competition has always been. Jealousy is an emotion that is triggered to survive. I'm sorry, but you will find more females that are jealous than not.
Yes your girlfriend may have self esteem issues....are they imaginary or real? Is she overweight? Do you put unrealistic expectations on her? Do you seek sexual stimulation outside the relationship? Do you think you might be making her feel like a walking vagina hole to use when you have gone elsewhere to get turned on?

One motive for violence between women is competition. A woman's reliance on a man for resources ignites the competition between other women. The more a woman needs a man, the more injury that will be inflicted. Research indicates this point when two kinds of societies were compared: matrilocal and patriarchal. In a matrilocal society women controlled the land and were responsible for the resources of the family. There was little aggression between these women because they did not rely on the men to survive. In a patriarchal society though, the men were the breadwinners and supported the females for their survival. The poorer the women the more these girls fought other women off because they needed the economic support of the men. The reason for competition appears to be because the number of men that are actually good providers is far and few between and the number of needy women is great. If a man possesses resources, then he is attractive to women, especially if those resources are greatly needed for themselves. If any female tries to enter the picture of an already claimed territory (a man) than these new girls will be the targets of violence. Men like new bait, so will automatically be attracted to a new girl therefore taking attention and / or resources away from the existing girls causing tension and hatred towards the new girl. This competitive nature among women has been found to exist cross-culturally emphasizing that mate selection and ample resources are key to female aggression.
A Mind of Her Own: The Evolutionary Psychology of Women (pp.169-207).
http://www.drmillslmu.com/Evolpsyc/spr2004/campbell-competition.htm
So i suggest that if you want her to not need you, then encourage her to be better than you. Then she would not care if you stayed or split....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 03:48 pm
I think your advice is a little more scientific than it needs to be.

The point is we appreciate beauty. I look at a beautiful woman too. Does it make me gay AND insecure?
0 Replies

escvelocity

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 03:56 pm
Nahh, i don't think so.
Topic isn't about anouther female looking at a beautiful woman. I even can appritiate anouthers beauty, with a side of envy to go with it. hehe

Males use science and such to back up their behavior all the time. Just as women need to understand where a man is coming from, men should go through the trouble of trying to find out where the women are coming from. When there is understanding, there is room for compromise.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 03:58 pm
escvelocity wrote:
When there is understanding, there is room for compromise.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:04 pm
Some guys are just pigs, and a woman has good reason to get upset. Laughing

After getting jealous, however, she should figure out if he is worth that nasty emotion or if she should just dump the jerk.

Let's face it: not all guys are good guys.

BTW: Cypher, how did your trip go? Did you have lots and lots of fun?

Smile
0 Replies

escvelocity

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:48 pm
I believe what makes the jealousy worse, is when the issue is brought up and the partner minimizes the others feelings. Saying things like "you are acting "crazy"...."overreacting"..."have issues". These comments ignite anger, and also can cause self esteem issues, and insecure feelings.
Also, many women bite their tounge when not treated as they would like in fear of losing their relationship.

Everyone has expectations on how they are to be treated. Men and women. Men have a tendency to enjoy being catered to. (not all men ofcourse)A lot of women on the other hand like to feel like one in a million...Its just a matter of finding someone who is compatable. There is no perfect relationships, there will always be some issue that needs to be worked out. This guy does sound like he really wants it to work. So i doubt he is a complete pig, we all have our days....
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:05 pm
flushd wrote:
BTW: Cypher, how did your trip go? Did you have lots and lots of fun?

Smile

Awww, aren't you the sweet one, flushd! Thank you for asking, it went wonderfully! It was far too lovely to think about silly stuff like that very much. I was on me best behavior and was acting like a real live grown-up that doesn't get insecure over everything, and he paid me lots of compliments too . . . and it helped that we only saw about two women the whole time that weren't over 60 or under 10. Smile Heeeheehee...Somehow we always hit the beaches that were either abandoned or only popular with the retired couples. Fabulous!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:17 pm
oooo! Sounds lovely. So glad the two of you had a good time. Actually, it sounds very romantic. Smile
That's the stuff that makes life good, eh. No need to worry when you're busy having a good time.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 09:06 pm
many girls worry about their relationships
but being paranoid just ruins it all
if she acts too paranoid i guess ull either have to keep trying to talk her out of it, or if its impossible... u'll have to move on
0 Replies

jenlost

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:41 am
take it from someone who has been there, I was jealous of every little thing my boyfriend did, but it was not always that way-- about a 1 1/2 years into the relationship I began to have suspicions, based on my gut feeling and little things I noticed, ie... he would delete all incoming calls on our caller id, he would close out of his aol account when I came into the room.

I'm not saying that this is the case with you, but the majority of the time once the trust is gone, it's gone.. some may disagree but there is always that lingering feeling...

if you have tried talking to her and you are being honest when you say you are comitted, maybe it's worth having one more discussion, then if she continues to distrust, it may be time to go your separate ways
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 05:09 pm
jenlost wrote:
take it from someone who has been there, I was jealous of every little thing my boyfriend did, but it was not always that way-- about a 1 1/2 years into the relationship I began to have suspicions, based on my gut feeling and little things I noticed, ie... he would delete all incoming calls on our caller id, he would close out of his aol account when I came into the room.

I'm not saying that this is the case with you, but the majority of the time once the trust is gone, it's gone.. some may disagree but there is always that lingering feeling...

if you have tried talking to her and you are being honest when you say you are comitted, maybe it's worth having one more discussion, then if she continues to distrust, it may be time to go your separate ways

yeah, i totally agree with you, jenlost
Roystonius, that is the advice you should take...
0 Replies

shari6905

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 09:41 am
I may be chiming in a little late here but I'd like to share if I may.

I was in a very long relationship when I was very young. I was jealous, he would go work out and take care of himself and I was falling apart (i thought). He cheated on me with my friends and with people that werent my friends. I thought that my life was over. Men are a different creature, I have come to realize and I dont practice an open relationship with my husband now, but I do expect the worst from him. I expect him to look at other women (sometimes I look for him). I even expect him to fantasize about other women. I expect him ro respect me enough because of what I do let him get away with that he wont stray. We have even gone as far as letting another woman in. I dont mind. I think that as I have gotten older I've just realized that men are more physical than emotional. I tell my husband if you ever cheat dont let her stay the night. Bang her and send her home. I am the only one who knows what my man looks like when he sleeps and thpose are the intimate details that no other woman will ever know. Im sure a lot of people are going to disagree with me but thats ok. Thats why this is only an opinion and not a fact.
0 Replies