what is the meaning of life?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 01:11 pm
Bear, You're welcome to our liquor cabinet any time. c.i.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 02:40 pm
ci

If he drank like a fish, I'd let him have free rein with mine. But he drinks like a bear!!!!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 02:41 pm
truth
That sanity is the ability to convince the general public that one knows the difference between right and wrong is a precise LEGAL definition, but is it an adequate CLINICAL definition?
I like to think of "sanity" as a state of health, of wholeness. I do not consider the statistically "normal" to be equivalent to sanity in this sense. Nevertheless, most normal people do not appear to be sane. They're not INSANE (that is a technical clinical concept which does not apply to many people), but they are definitely UNSANE.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 04:00 pm
Frank, I know a "bear-ish" kind of guy, and he drinks like a bird. c.i.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 04:16 pm
BPB, I have to agree....I think religion is misunderstood by 99% of the population, which is why we are where we are right now.

Here's one definition of less than sane:

Insane and poor = nuts
Insane and rich = eccentric
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 09:33 am
Cav(fancy);

you know I love to paraphrase:

crazy and rich; knows what life is all about.
crazy and poor; knows what life "should be" about.
0 Replies

HaggenFaus

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 07:44 am
The meaning of life
Well, ive been pondering this for quite a while now and through much fruitless searching i have compiled an idea of the meaning. Basically, we're here to enjoy the fruits of life. Life is like a game, you have to stay in or you lose, you may need to kill, eat, and survive natural disasters to stay in. Also, we need to reproduce so more people have to go through "The game". We need to be entertained, or we find that "The game" is boring and we would want to leave "The Game".We have two different sexes to provide companionship and so we can reproduce for more people to stay in "The game". "The game," is basically survival, and by surviving, we must also conquer the game. Our opponents in the game are animals and even other humans may defect away from your own side. So far, the scoreboard shows that Humans are winning, but what will happen when an even better "Team" enters the game? Will we lose?

Well, thats my over complicated two cents and my overuse of the phrase "The game" so post back Razz
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 09:04 am
HF, WELCOME to A2K. "Game," heh? Sometimes, though, it gets to be a very serious one - called survival. c.i.
0 Replies

HaggenFaus

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 01:10 pm
Yes but why do we NEED to survive? why are we afraid of death.-just something to keep the ball rolling Wink
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:09 pm
Biological imperative. If we had no will to live, we wouldn't have been here to begin with.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:10 pm
That darned ol' bio-logic, it'll trip ye up ever time . . .
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:12 pm
HF, Not all of us are afraid of death. c.i.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:27 pm
Even if, in reflection, you harbor no fear of the inevitability of your own demise, I suspect that when a car is bearing down on you in the crosswalk you'll still jump out of the way.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:54 pm
pd, I'm not stupid! c.i.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:55 pm
Didn't think you were! (And even if you were, I'd still expect you to jump clear, unless you're a squirrel or something...)
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 10:08 pm
Friend of mine had to be extremely careful, because (as the doctors put it) she had no self-preservation instinct. It just wasn't in her.

When walking across a street, she has to consciously remind herself to get out of the way of cars, because intellectually she understands that is the correct thing to do.

But otherwise, she just wouldn't. They're just cars.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 10:08 pm
I don't know the connection, if any, but codeborg's post dredged up a thought worth airing:

First, I know what life is "NOT" about; life is not about "biology"!

Life "IS" about learning to recognize what, in life, is more important to you, than your "life"!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 10:11 pm
the last full measure of devotion, huh?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 10:13 pm
Perhaps it is when your life needs to be put in the ballance, that you are really "living"!
0 Replies

Dux

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 11:19 pm
BoGoWo wrote:
Perhaps it is when your life needs to be put in the ballance, that you are really "living"!

I asume you are just guessing. But in my opinion you start to live when you have the control of your life. Just a simple opinion.
0 Replies