what is the meaning of life?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:26 pm
@JLNobody,
I went to Cuba last month, and will return there in a heart-beat. I love Cuba; the people, the sites, the food, and drinks. You can get a taste of it by visiting my travel blog atwww.travelpod.com/member/c.i.222.
0 Replies

longknowledge

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 09:52 pm
@anastasia,
As a wise man once said:

"Life is like a fountain . . . ever flowing . . . ever flowing. Isn't it?"
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 10:38 pm
@longknowledge,
That is the pissing type wise man I suppose...
0 Replies

deepthot

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 07:46 pm
@anastasia,
You ask: What is it all about? What is our purpose? I would suggest this as a possible answer:

The meaning or purpose of life is to express love, truth, beauty, creativity, and individuality.

More exactly said, the meaning of human life -- which is the form of life most evolved toward pure meaning (value) -- is to express Goodness.

What is Goodness? It is the highest value; it is a synergistic package of qualities such as integrity, uniqueness, amity, fidelity, purity, loveability, radiance, empathy, spirituality, (or soul.) It is reality, morality, veracity, and fellowship. It is family-spirit and devotion to community.

It is diversity within unity. It is also responsibility and liberty. It is following one’s conscience. It is autonomy. It is freedom and joy and bliss.

Let us not overlook that, in addition, Goodness is serenity combined harmoniously with authenticity. It is thanksgiving and celebration. In short, it is everything good.

To merge with Goodness, to serve it, to unite with it, to express it on this Earth, is the purpose of human life.

Think about it.

In the preceding I have argued that Goodness, both by definition and application, is a package of all the high, positive values wrapped into one. In Formal Value Theory there is a measure (albeit at present a rough one) for this bundle. It has been entitled: "Intrinsic Value." It is defined as that value whose meaning has an indefinitely-high number of descriptive adjectives in it. [In practice, in life, one must concentrate on it, give it full attention, in order to find all that meaning. Thus one 'gets involved' with it. We can't tell where the valuer leaves off and where what he/she is valuing begins. Good poetry would be a good example of Intrinsic Value.]

It may be referred to as "In-value", for short. In-value is located on a value spectrum; it ranks above Extrinsic Value, which is, in turn, above Systemic Value. This spectrum has been devised by a genius named Dr. Robert S. Hartman. You can check his biography - or at least a minor snapshot of a small part of it - on Wikipedia.

Of all the basic value dimensions, In-value is the richest in meaning. Value itself is a function of meaning. The more meaningful something is, the more valuable it is.

Questions? Comments? Critiques?
0 Replies

north

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2011 01:32 am

to show that the Universe has many complex forms and therefore is more than just physics based energy and matter

life , a different form of energy
JLNobody

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2011 08:33 pm
@north,
Yes, a particular kind of physical organization.
north

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 10:24 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

Yes, a particular kind of physical organization.

yes and at the same time uses the energy and matter to help manifest this life energy , both by integration of energy and matter as part of life energy , hence a vitamin and mineral suppliment and the place where life energy takes hold , planets where life can take hold and evolove
hamilton

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:50 am
@north,
so life is the integration of matter (which is actually energy in the first place) and more energy in conscious but usually unconscious effort?
north

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 09:14 pm
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

so life is the integration of matter (which is actually energy in the first place) and more energy in conscious but usually unconscious effort?

life is an energy which uses matter in order to manifest life

as I said before hence the NEED for minerals and vitamins to sustain life
0 Replies

tonylang

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 06:38 pm
If you're ready for some probable realism take a read of these essays on this board:

Nature's Warp-Ship Life (What is life how does it fit in)
Life –Natures Ultimate Network
Entropy vs. Anti-Entropy (How DNA Defeats the Blackhole)
hamilton

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 06:54 pm
@tonylang,
uh, i think almost everyone here has seen these.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 11:29 am
love everyone, judge no one, get as much as possible .
0 Replies

north

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 11:30 am

that certain enviroments in the Universe can produce forms of which has the capability to evolve into something other than innatimate forms , life which can dwell upon the Universe its self
0 Replies