Saying "I love you" too much

stuh505

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 05:00 pm
Just kidding!
0 Replies

anna211705

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 09:38 pm
dammit stuh,
you just made my day there. and then you messed it up with the just kidding...
i broke up with my boyfriend a few hours ago, so im feeling like crap.
nothing to make me feel better like an i love you
anyways, i love you too.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 10:38 pm
This is too weird.

You guys need to break up.

Listen stuh: this whole stalking girlfriend wanting "I love you" thrown at her is downright freaky.

Listen girl: if he makes you feel like "crap" don't say "I love you too" unless you want to feel like crap for the rest of your life.

And I'm not kidding.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:10 am
Haha, I love this thread...

boomer, as much as I would like to string you along...in case you haven't figured it out...anna is not my girlfriend, although she does have the same name, age, location...
0 Replies

Mirage

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 01:49 pm
In my opinion,

If you keep saying "I love you", regulary as washing hands, it will have the same meaning as washing hands. But if you wait for the right moment, and are really feeling it, than it will gain a lot more value, the value that it actually deserves..

My opinion, ofcourse, but think about it...
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 01:29 am
Bella Dea wrote:
kingofmen wrote:
word lose its value when you use abuse using it

Absolutly not. It loses meaning when you say it and don't mean it. Like to get sex. Or other favors. Or drop it like Noddy said, after mean acts. The apologitic "i love you" is the one that destroys meaning, not the sincere "i love you".

I say it lots. My hubby and I say it every morning before work and every night before bed at the very least. And probably 5 or 6 times during the day, depending on if we talk on the phone or not. If I feel like saying it, I say it.

Same here. My man sincerely means it every time he says it and he says it a LOT. So do I. We're both very comfortable with expressing our love for each other--it's a very natural thing to do.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 02:38 am
Well then, if it doesn't wear out for you, why should it wear out for me. Thanks for sharing.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 07:34 pm
Mirage wrote:
If you keep saying "I love you", regulary as washing hands, it will have the same meaning as washing hands. But if you wait for the right moment, and are really feeling it, than it will gain a lot more value, the value that it actually deserves..

I agree. You can never say it too much, as long as you only say it only when you completely mean it.

I think some questions to help you find understanding would be:
What do you feel when she says it? Do you want her to feel the same when you say it?
So is she overusing it, or does she just love you that much?!?

Heck, go buy her some flowers and say it one good time. It'll make you fell better I guarantee it. Very Happy
0 Replies

nikeh

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 12:56 am
It varies from person to person. Some people can't get enough of hearing it, others think that the words are meaningless if they don't show it enough.

My boyfriend says it plenty but I think half the time he just says it because he sees me walk by, not because he's truly feeling it at the moment.

I personally like to just say it when I'm really feeling it; I want to reserve the words for when I'm bursting with happiness because of his very existence. What I hate is because I like to reserve it for when I think it would mean the most, I can't.

It's awkward when someone says "I love you" and you don't say it back. So I feel FORCED to say it back. I don't want it to be forced, ever. I do love him, but because I cannot describe my feelings in that much of a greater way, I want to save those particular words for a surge of feelings and not for any old moment just because he said it.

Saying it too much makes the other person feel obliged to say it, when I'd personally rather just show I love him by pampering him and being sweet.

My parents have been together nearly 30 years and didn't say it that much when I was growing up. They said it when it meant the most: when the other really needed to hear it or when they really needed to tell the other how they felt. That's kinda how I like it. *shrugs* and I'm sure others agree.

You always have to do things in moderation. It's like splurging on chocolate, after a while, you get sick of it.
0 Replies

MissE

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:09 am
I agree with Bella.

My hubby and I also say it quite a nr of times during the course of the day - I don't believe us saying it that often that we need reasurance or are needy, nuha, when we feel like saying it, we just do and that's the way it is.

I think that when people say that they don't want to hear it so much, that they are the ones who needs to hear it often, because they don't.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Cheers.
MissE
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:31 pm
If this is irritating to the OP, then I have a feeling that there are other things that irritate.

Saying 'I love you" so much can indicate a needy person. Kind of like a kid that says, "Look at me, look at me."
0 Replies