Men, you are needed to answer some questions.

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:09 am
Hi. I just want to know some answers. For men only please. explain yourselves.

1. why dont you like talking on the phone?
2. should i be upset if you tell me you cant make an arrangment and dont say sorry?
3. why do you never pay compliments.
4. why do you never express much concern when we are ill.
5. why do you forget anniversarys etc.
6. why do you appear not to love us.
7. why do you always want to get dressed after sex and do something else.
8. why do you not phone us as much as we phone you.
9. should i be offended if i arrange to go out to the cinema with you and you arrange to meet your mates in the pub about an hour after the film finishes.

please answer as many of the above as possible.
thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,146 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:12 am
1. Once you communicate the information you wanted to give or get, hang up. If you really want to get involved, talk to people face-to-face.

2. No.

3. Says who?

4. Says who?

5. Says who?

6. Appearances are a function of the beholder, not the person beheld.

7. Says who?

8. See No. 1, above.

9. No, you should, however, consider finding someone without a drinking problem.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:18 am
TPQ - These are not questions but silly statements...
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:23 am
Re: Men, you are needed to answer some questions.
The Pentacle Queen wrote:

1. why dont you like talking on the phone?...Because they don't smell like beer.
2. should i be upset if you tell me you cant make an arrangment and dont say sorry?...you're darn tootin' ya should be; but don't let it overpower your otherwise good day.
3. why do you never pay compliments. ...What are ya talking about? Haven't you listened to guys whistling at women they don't even know?
4. why do you never express much concern when we are ill. Because it happens to you every 4 weeks or so and it's known that you'll survive...even if we won't.
5. why do you forget anniversarys etc. ...Because there are no sporting events normally associated with them; however you will notice men remember every major Super Bowl uspset, World Series scores and other important sports dates and events.
6. why do you appear not to love us. ...Because I'm gay. Actually all men are but most won't admit it because they like the sex too much.
7. why do you always want to get dressed after sex and do something else. Hey you have smelled the sweaty body pounding against you, now you smell that way, would you want that stuck to you for the next hour? Not to mention the fact that women are always carping at guys to do this that and the other thing and gosh darn it as soon as a guy does you attack....is it that time of the month again?
8. why do you not phone us as much as we phone you. Simple...men aren't needy.9. should i be offended if i arrange to go out to the cinema with you and you arrange to meet your mates in the pub about an hour after the film finishes. You should be glad a guy shows up anywhere that he promised to.

thank you
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:32 am
I don't believe you are asking about a man, you are asking about a lug. A lug looks very much like a man but differs in the several ways you have pointed to with your questions.

Lugs are unfeeling bastards and ought not to be closely associated with unless they are lawyers defending you in a divorce proceeding. Men, on the other hand, though not as inclined to express their feelings as their much more sensitive female partners, do express love, kindness, concern when someone is ill and are aware of their partner's feelings.

Some women like lugs, a fact that astounds real men. Research, my own, has shown that once exposed to a real man, lugs lose whatever small appeal they had. My advice, though you didn't ask for any, would be to explore a relationship with a man rather than a lug for anywhere between two and six months and see if you don't become aware of the differences.

Joe(lugs don't forget anniversaries, it's on purpose.)Nation
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:35 am
seems you are not getting much sympathy here TPQ

Not all men want to get dressed and do something else after sex. Some go off naked.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:46 am
I think they are very fair questions and id love to give my answers to them from a girls point of view.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:08 am
Go ahead then material girl. may make more pleasant reading than some of the other answers.

Joe Nation- I wasnt going out with a lug, and then he turned into a lug after 6 months!!! Maybe he was a lug in disguise Sad boo hoo!

And Francis: What do you know? All of those are based on factual evidence. You go out with him and see what its like.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:11 am
What Francis said. And Setanta, too.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:14 am
Go ahead then material girl. may make more pleasant reading than some of the other answers.

And Francis: What do you know? All of those are based on factual evidence. You go out with him and see what its like.

My but aren't we the choosey one! If you don't want the answers then don't ask for them and if all you want is 'pleasant reading' then go back to your Nancy Drews. Youy asked and you got and still you aren't happy...typical woman.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:15 am
Yeah thats true sorry.
I hate being a typical woman.

How do you stop caring?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:18 am

By "men" you mean "him"? You should have told us so...
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:19 am
Yeah thats true sorry.

How do you stop caring?
Not sure if it's possible...maybe your best bet is to get revenge... get some dead batteries for the remote! Use his favorite razor! How about a new thread where you can get the ladies to offer revenge tactics? As a male I can't really help too much on that (wouldn't be right)
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:21 am
yes its very unfortunate i can tell you.
i think hes actually a member. but he never comes on.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:25 am
Yeah thats true sorry.

How do you stop caring?

Oh, please!
If someone treats you badly you stop caring, full stop. Otherwise you become a doormat!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:26 am

1. why dont you like talking on the phone?
2. should i be upset if you tell me you cant make an arrangment and dont say sorry?
3. why do you never pay compliments.
4. why do you never express much concern when we are ill.
5. why do you forget anniversarys etc.
6. why do you appear not to love us.
7. why do you always want to get dressed after sex and do something else.
8. why do you not phone us as much as we phone you.
9. should i be offended if i arrange to go out to the cinema with you and you arrange to meet your mates in the pub about an hour after the film finishes.

thank you

In all honesty Queen, I've never experienced items 2,3,4,6,7, and 9. I think you're dating the wrong guy. I do find men do not like to talk as much as women and thus the phone is not important to them (phones are for talking to girlfriends, mothers and ordering pizza) I also find men are not good with anniversary dates, I never carried about them either so that's fine with me. Neither my husband or I can remember the day we meet and we both forget birthdays since we decided to stop giving gifts a few years ago.

I've never had a man just get up and leave after sex unless we had to go to work, most just fall fast asleep- and based on their biology it's understandable. A good man will remember to throw his arm around you before snoring. I really think you need to look around for a new guy, there are good ones out there - go get 'em.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:33 am
Material girl said she would answer from a woman's point of view and you seemed accepting of that so I'll (being a woman) will answer.

1. Funny my husband talks on the phone more than me - I don't like to talk as much see Setanta's answer to number 1 - same as mine.
2. I am assuming you mean along the lines if you don't meet when planned or end up not being able to meet because of a conflict. I honestly don't know any man or woman that wouldn't apologize for this.
3. Maybe my husband is different, but he frequently pays compliments. And I can even remember other former boyfriends paying compliments.
4. To be honest - my husband expresses more concern about me when I am ill than I do when he is ill. Perhaps that is because he is ill more often.
5. Again - my husband is 100% better than me at remembering dates. Honestly I am just horrible with remembering dates.
6. Again - my husband is better at showing his love than I am.
7. I don't even understand this question as I can't remember ever experiencing that situation.
8. Again the phone thing. My husband is a talker, I am not.
9. Maybe you should be angry, but was this something agreed upon before? I wouldn't if you both agreed upon it before.

Looking at these I think it more the one particular man. Each man is different and perhaps you should find a man more suitable for you.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:42 am
The only category I fit into is the phone thing. For the most part I don't like talking on the phone too much. I'd rather talk face to face. Use the phone to say hi, set up the next date, or if you something actually interesting to say. If you've got nothing to say, then get off the phone, you're going to bore the hell out of who's on the other line.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 08:25 am
Ok ok.
I think i am probably just overreacting, or i hope i am.

He does pay me compliments. Probably just not as often as i like.
he does get out bed most times,but not immeadiatly, and sometimes he falls asleep. I think its mainly because his sister walks in on us all the time and so he tries to avoid it.
I know he does love me. Im just paranoid. He tells me most of the time.
He hasnt forgotten a birthday as yet.

However, I am ill at the moment as i went to the nurse yesterday and ihave to have blood tests and i may have depression and diabetes, and I phoned him and all he said was 'oh right.' Which i want very impressed with.
And he has done 2 and 9.

But Im just very upset at the moment, so i thought i'd set this thread up to try and find out if its me or him.
I think its probably a bit of both.
He does little silly things, and i overreact about them and take them personally.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 08:56 am
From a woman's perspective:

1. why dont you like talking on the phone? - Guys function differently than women do and they tend to be much more to the point. Once that point has been made, they prefer to end that conversation.

2. should i be upset if you tell me you cant make an arrangment and dont say sorry? - No. Why would you? A man shoudn't have to apologize for having a life outside of you. If he always ditches you for something else or breaks plans with you all the time, I'd start to get pissed.

3. why do you never pay compliments. - Not one guy I've dated has not give me compliments. When you've been into a relationship for a long time, I think that the compliments dwindle down only because security in the relationship has settled in and we don't need constant reminders that we are beautiful. But they should never end. We all want to hear we are wonderful people.

4. why do you never express much concern when we are ill. - I think that the guys who don't express concern are just not babying us. Do you want someone to carry you around on a pillow when you are sick? Women tend more towards nurture, so we baby men when they get sick and expect it in return. My husband cares very much when I am ill. He doesn't want to see me sick.

5. why do you forget anniversarys etc. - Embarrassed I am the one who always forgets, not the other way around. Anniversaries don't have to and shouldn't be celebrated just once a year. I like to celebrate my love for my husband every day. We don't do anything big on our anniversary and we rarely get each other anything other than maybe a card.

6. why do you appear not to love us. - Frightening statement. Why would you say this? Is it that he is treating you poorly? Is he doing things that he thinks shows you he loves you but you just can't see those things as acts of love?

7. why do you always want to get dressed after sex and do something else. - Again, frightening statement. Sometimes, you just want to get up and go watch some tv but it should never be "ok, done. See ya."

8. why do you not phone us as much as we phone you. - Refer to #1. Also, I think that it comes down to the emotional security issues so many women have; the ones who think that quantity of converstations count. The ones who practically die if he doesn't call you all day. Men tend to put quality before quantity when it comes to conversation.

9. should i be offended if i arrange to go out to the cinema with you and you arrange to meet your mates in the pub about an hour after the film finishes. -No. Refer to #2.

Course those are just my opinions and experiences. Men, you have much more insight than me on these. Very Happy
0 Replies