Pillow talk

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 08:29 pm
I never realized Jane had such a altruistic nature about her. I always had Jane pegged as a cold, selfish, rather wealthy socialite who deposited slugs into a blind beggar's cup.

The things you learn on A2K.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 08:32 pm
I think IKEA had a campaign like that once. That's where
I buy the pillows too - cheap and good.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 08:34 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I never realized Jane had such a altruistic nature about her. I always had Jane pegged as a cold, selfish, rather wealthy socialite who deposited slugs into a blind beggar's cup.

The things you learn on A2K.

It doesn't matter gustav, I don't need to impress anyone Wink
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 09:28 pm
Ok, jane.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 10:07 pm
You Tarzan?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:53 am
Boom-

take a hand towel, or regular shower size towel and roll it up inside your pillow case.
Use that for a night or too and see if the little bit of lift helps your neck.
try positioning it just below your ear and see what happens?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:55 am
Cool idea shewolf! Thank you.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:01 am
i have a down pillow that I wad up and sleep on in various positions at night. On my side, I use half of the pillow. On my back, I wad it up so it cradles my head. On my stomach, just the corner of the pillow is graced with the touch of my face. I love my pillow and will be buying future pillows from the same place.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:05 am
I bought one of those memory foam pillows not too too long ago.

bad move

it made a bad neck worse.
So, I gave it to hubby and resorted back to my feather pillow.
After my neck stayed kinked, I tried the ' towel' trick and .. it really kicks ass !
I can move it around easy, NOT use it if I choose, roll it tighter if need be .. and didnt have to waste another 20 bucks or so on a new pillow.

I am a belly sleeper most of the time though.
I sleep, flat on my belly with the palms of my hands against my thighs between them and the mattress.
( yeah, i sleep on my arms. hehe )
I think the only time i use my pillow is when i am on my side.

The random diffrence in size ( thanks to the towel ) has helped relieve alot of neck and back stress.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:16 am
I use two king-size pillows and at least one neck roll to keep my neck from cricking up any further.

The neck rolls <I've got about 4 differently-sized ones> perform the same function as the rolled up towels.

I'm another pillow-thrower-outer. Or, pillow recycler. About 6 months on my bed <with occasional washing during that time>, then a serious wash - and they go to the guest pillow stack for a while. Then they go to the doggie beds for a little while. If they're still fluffy after 3 - 6 months in doggie bed rotation <which they usually are>, they're washed again and get donated somewhere. Sometimes Goodwill, sometimes a vet clinic.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:17 am
ohh - feather and down pillows and duvets - and down jackets - are eminently machine-washable and dryable.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 12:23 pm
Well then.

I will try giving ROFP a nice laundering!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 01:13 pm
Given ROFP's age, I'd start the process with a spin in the dryer - on fluff, with a tennis ball or two as company. Gotta floooooofff your pillow up to allow cleaning <assuming the cover is in good condition - if you're not sure, put ROFP inside a button-down pillowcase>

Then into the washing machine, on gentle, with one or two smallish towels to keep things from getting unbalanced.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 01:16 pm
ehBeth wrote:

Then into the washing machine, on gentle, with one or two smallish towels to keep things from getting unbalanced.

Laughing The first time that happened to me I wasn't sure what to do. Here the washer is practically rocking back and forth with this awful thudding...it had to be funny to see my face.
0 Replies