History Mysteries

Montana

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 11:08 am
Frank
I agree with Letty on the Nichole and Ron case. Everything points to OJ on that one and I think I remember something about him admitting to it after he was acquitted.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 11:54 am
Who are Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman ???????/

Letty , I think they employ an Army of Worker Ants to build the boat inside thw bottle
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 11:59 am
John, O.J. Simpson(a fantastic pro football player) was tried and acquitted for the murder of his ex-wife Nicole, and Ron Goldman who just happened to be at her home. He was later tried in civil court and found guilty of wrongful death. He has been ordered to pay the Goldman family a huge sum of money, but has never done so. He has a very palatial home here in Florida. Go figure.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 12:10 pm
Perhaps he's just an everyday Scumbag who needs a good smacking, just to jog his memory.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 12:18 pm
John, This may enlighten you on the events of the very famous trial:

http://www.cnn.com/US/OJ/trial/
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 12:23 pm
Thanks Letty, I vaguely remember the trial. It was like one of those day time soap operas. I didn't know that earlier references here were to O J Simpson and the rest of it.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 12:23 pm
Here's another:

http://www.cnn.com/US/OJ/
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 12:25 pm
Strewph Letty, that was el rapido, what are you using ? Greased Lightening ?
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 12:30 pm
Avast there Letty ! (=nautical banter).

You may be interested to know that the Titanic has played a significant role in my life.

(1) A survivivor of the wreck set up a deli here in Manchester named the "Titanic" whose salt beef in my youth probably accounts for my current idiosyncratic digestive system.

(2) A teaching college of mine of 25 years experience bases all her kids annual project work on a rotation between only two topics (a) the Great Fire of London and (b) the Titanic. I think she can quote the passenger list and their cabin numbers !

(3) I cruise the pleasant waters of the UK canal system on a narrow boat equipped with one of original (ha ha) ship's bells embossed with the name "Titanic". Its main use is to repel boarders (i.e. scavenging ducks).
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 12:30 pm
Nah, John. Just white lightning Razz

Wish I could find that short story that I'm looking for as quickly. That STILL remains a mystery.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 12:44 pm
Wow, fresco. Where you been Shocked

Fantastic anecdote. Any tales ever circulate about the Titanic that you can tell us?

heh! heh! Love your bell story.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 01:34 pm
Not that it matters, but the Titanic hit the iceberg on April 14th, 1912 (Maybe April 10th was the day it embarked?) late in the evening and sank after midnight on April 15th.

I know this because April 15th is U.S. Income Tax Day-- and it is appropriate to commemorate one disaster with another.

Also- Abraham Lincoln was shot on April 14th and was pronounced dead on April 15th, 1865. Coincidence? Perhaps.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 01:44 pm
Beware The Ides Of April ----- gone up from march guys, that's freakin' inflation for you
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 01:50 pm
fresco

When I was in your hometown last year (actually stayed in Stockport/CHESHIRE), we visited the Merseyside Maritime Museum (certainely we didn't mix up with any Scousers!), where I had the chance to discover the opulence of the Titanic and the Lusitania.

Having some maritime/nautical knowledge myself, I noticed at once that one of Titanic's shipbell was missing :wink:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 02:17 pm
Equus, hmmmmm. That sounds vaguely familiar. Remember the Kennedy-Johnson--Lincoln thing? Circumstantial? Nahhhh. They're
all disaster dates!

Walter--that was the same bell...absolutely...keeps the duck quack tax away. Smile

OAKMAN...love it...inflation...the worst form of taxation without representation. :wink:
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 04:17 pm
What about the Lazarus mystery ? Did grapes have something to do with it?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 04:22 pm
Algis, I don't quite understand your reference. Are you speaking of Lazarus in the Christian Bible?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 04:55 pm
re. sinking of the TITANIC: a/t a tv show i watched recently the sinking was caused because the steel used in the construction of the ship was not suffiently strong to withstand the collision with the berg. it was explained that at that time all steel used in the the construction of ships was somewhat brittle and the lessons learned from the sinking of the titanic led to the production of steel that would better withstand exposure to the cold and not loose its strength. anyone else saw the show? hbg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 06:11 pm
Hi, hamburger. I think we might have mutual friends. Smile

Yes, All sorts of speculation as to what happened. I found this while looking for some reasonable evidence:

http://www.titanicinquiry.org/

Tell ehBeth "Hi" from Letty.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 10:05 pm
The Bermuda Triangle

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:pfabpr3qHy8C:www.occultopedia.com/images/triangle1.jpg
0 Replies