The Fourth Reich?

Magus

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 11:56 am
The Ballot Box
Ballot boxes went the way of Stock tickers, Golden boy... along with penny postcards, backdoor milkboxes and The Orange Blossom Special.
This is the Brave New World we were warned against... while corruption is politics is still with us, voter participation sinks to new lows and electronically rigged elections are the newest thing!
No more paper trails, just a co-opted and cynical electorate!
God bless the New World Order!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 12:37 pm
Magus
Golden Boy is it? What would you suggest we crawl into a little hole and wait for the end? The vote is there for any citizen who wants to get off their ass and exercise that opportunity. I would suggest you crawl out of that hole of pessimism and do the same.

I should add that contrary to what you seem to indicate;
The sky is not falling,chicken little.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 02:42 pm
Ooooh! BOLDFACE!
How Impressive!

If you had any sense of humor, you'd realize that a nick like "au1929" practically begs for such punnery.
"au" appears in the Periodic Table of Elements, doesn't it?

And "1929" was the year of The Crash... anyone who had substantial gold holdings at that time (instead of stocks) was sitting pretty!

BTW, anyone who eschewed stocks for gold in 1929 was a PESSIMIST... a financially secure pessimist!
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 04:34 pm
Voting
Wiil voting change the Plutocracy of the Repubs and Dems?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 04:57 pm
Magus

I neither need you to tell me what au nor the year 1929 represents. That kind of nonsense belongs on the Abuzz.I should also note that your appellation was uncalled for and unappreciated.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 05:15 pm
Au I suspect the purpose of this thread is to allow the leftwignuts provide A2K with balance for those threads begun by the rightwingnuts on Abuzz. The universe evens out eventually.

John Webb et al. One of the functions of government is to plan. They have model legislation on the shelf for every occasion particularly in cases like 9/11. All they have to do is dust it off and run it up to congress... thus the Patriot Act in 30 days.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 05:18 am
Acquiunk said "One of the functions of government is to plan."

Which is why there have always been contingency plans to scramble armed Air Force jets in the event of any commercial/military flight deviations.

The only reason 9/11 occurred and all those innocents died is because someone with major authority ordered those jets to remain stood down.

1. Who? The Administration will not say for reasons of national security.

2. Equally important. How did the hijackers on the three flights KNOW that Airforce jets would not intercept them?

3. Or could it be that you are correct and there was indeed planning in operation on 9/11?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 10:38 am
Those jets were in the air. They came out of Otis airforce base which is eastern Massachusetts and were approximately severn minutes away when the second aircraft hit the World Trade Center. What you fail to account for is the confusion and disbelief that accompanies any event like that of 9/11. The first explanation for what was going on was that it was a tragic accident. That plus the fact that, at the time, it was illegal for any aircraft to go supersonic over populated areas such as Massachusetts, Connecticut and Long Island fately slowed reaction down.
0 Replies