The Fourth Reich?

maxsdadeo

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 05:01 pm
Quote:
However, the fact that you can lie convincingly, smile a lot and kiss babies does not make you a good person - particularly when you are being highly rewarded for doing it

Who are you talking about, Clinton?
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 03:19 am
You are right. With Weapons of Mass destruction at your fingertips, who needs to kiss babies - when you can slaughter them for the hell of it? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 06:25 am
Max:

Then the next question should be, "how much longer 'till the US gets to
this point

As I've said, depends on how willing the "Anti-War" coalition in the US is to stay together--and with DUH-BYA apparently trying to re-start the Cold War, there may be a reason for it to stay together!
0 Replies

truevoiceman

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 03:56 am
http://www.falloutshelternews.com/BushHitlerLinks.html
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 04:07 am
to quote Benjamin Franklin:

"They that can give up essential liberty, to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 04:28 am
Fact.
Bush introduced the so-called 'Patriot' Act and wants to make it permanent. Not only that but there are new provisions which give the FBI more power and more to come. They have snuck some of these into pages of other bills, way into them, so that perhaps reps won't even notice them. People who don't beleive that we are losing our freedoms are seriously ignorant.

The USA is moving into permanent war and moving troops out of NATO countries and into the ME. Right now the USA is a Plutocracy. If the Neo cons get another term we won't recognize America. It will become Amerika.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 07:55 am
It's a fascist regime, sadly winning by lying to the populace!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 02:33 pm
Go Facism!

I say it isn't happening fast enough! I want the secret police to arrest you guys already! Enough dissention! You need to be re-educated!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 02:58 pm
Well, at least you have the chance to actually voice an opinion, and what happens after the next election is really up to you, isn't it.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 02:58 pm
McG actually made me laugh. Laughing
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 03:26 pm
Cav
Quote:
Well, at least you have the chance to actually voice an opinion, and what happens after the next election is really up to you, isn't it.

People continue to piss and moan. They seem to forget they have the power to change it through their vote. What we get from many here can only be termed as losers lament. Over and over and over.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 03:29 pm
'Tis a strange and vicious cycle au....which is why I generally avoid the politics forum, but this one was just over the top, and I felt the need to pipe in.
0 Replies

gravy

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 05:18 pm
If at first you don't succeed , try try again...

Some provisions causing uproar under the patriot act II, seem to have quietly been injected into other bills that are now law:

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,61341,00.html
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 08:34 pm
Do elections matter?
Some are getting the feeling that the differences between the Dems & Repubs are not germaine to the Plutocracy. Perhaps is only a matter of perception?

If GW isn't re-elected, which is highly doubtful, maybe the next President won't claim that he/she follows the philosophy of Jesus and gets his/her instructions straight from God. At least that would be a bit less troublesome.
0 Replies

gravy

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 09:26 pm
Elections would matter if the votes were informed ones, based on substance, not diluted half-truths, 3 word slogans and feel-good hype.

A lemur's cry in the middle of a lemming herd stampeding off the cliff can't necessarily be dismissed as "losers' lament".
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 09:32 pm
gravy wrote:
A lemur's cry in the middle of a lemming herd stampeding off the cliff can't necessarily be dismissed as "losers' lament".

So true. I've often said the same thing myself.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 03:50 am
Germany had elections... and the depredations of the Third Reich were done within the Legal system.
"Euthanization" of "mentally defectives" and "anti-social" types (Professors, intellectuals, dissidents, priests, etc.) was always done "within the confines of the Law".
Legal enforcement AND the elective process are both VULNERABLE to Fraudulent manipulation.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 04:18 am
John Webb wrote:
It is likely that millions of Americans now have a greater fear of actions by their own nearly-elected government, than they do of external terrorism.

Not exactly the strongest of recommendations for those charged with delivering "liberty and justice for all". Embarrassed

sought of goes along with the number of comments I've heard from gun lobby supporters. "don't want the government to be the only ones with the weapons" Surely there's something horribly wrong there.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 05:05 am
Rights
The American people have a right to overthrow the Govt. if that Govt. is deemed tyranical. We have a right to bare arms and have militias. These conditions were placed in the Constitution because the framers knew that the Govt. they were fashioning could turn into a tryranny.

Only one little problem: If we espouse and advocate to overthrow the Govt. now,we can be termed enemy combatants and our place of residence can be searched without a court order,put in prison without a charge being leveled, bail or right to be represented by an Attorney.

When will this War On Terorism be declared as over?

People in the USA and Getmo are said to be held until the War on Terrorism is over.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 07:39 am
pistoff
Are we preaching revolution now? Is that because you have given up on free elections, since you realize you are backing the also ran? What form of government are you in favor of? Bolshevic? Come on all kidding aside get real the only revolution that is acceptable is the one that occurs through the ballot box.
0 Replies