Office of Global Communication

Hazlitt

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:33 pm
Those of you who are interested in the reliability of information being given to us by the Bush Administration might be like to read this article from the Chicago Tribune.

The Office of Global Communication is a huge PR agency set up by the Bush Administration in the Pentagon to insure that government information about the war, but not limited to the war, is uniform, positive, and in line with Bush policies.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-0304070189apr07,1,4382383.story
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 991 • Replies: 1
No top replies

anastasia

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 04:09 am
listening to the minister of "information" of iraq - and catching glimpses of American news - even though it's the CNN world edition - I can't get the American version here, thank god - I realize there's not much difference between the two. Maybe the Iraqi leaders are telling blatant lies, but the Americans are telling lies just as big.

I watch CNN with habibi because I like to be informed of "what they're feeding my countrymen", but ... yeah ...

I'm sorry to see the whole thing has turned into something more like entertainment - something to watch on TV, something for "family time" - something to rally behind - like Survivor. Something ... not real, just entertainment ....

Keep it "positive" george - that's exactly what the country needs.
0 Replies