Mmmmmmm Hate-Bop

Gargamel

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 09:01 am
These are going to be lonely girls.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 01:45 pm
As others have intimated here, this hate is a learned behavior. What the hell kind of parents would do this to their children...........?

I feel very sorry for these little girls.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 02:26 pm
umm pro-white music has always existed. Black metal would be an example. It's pro-White, neo-nazi, anti-christian, satanist, and funnily enough the music isnt bad either.

But this pro-white music is no new concept. I guess maybe it is outside the metal community.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 09:32 pm
"Umm", correction: some black metal, just as some country, some rock and some death metal can be, is pro-white.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 09:52 pm
Funnily enough!?

Say what!?

I love it that that that was post number 666, El-Diablo.

There is nothing new under the sun, it's true.

Unfortunately some things refuse to get old and worn out enough to thow away forever.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 07:09 am
Update:

Lamb and Lynx Gaede, who once sang hits like "Aryan Man Awake" and "Hate for Hate: Lamb Near the Lane" as tween white power folk group Prussian Blue, have grown out of their hate-mongering phase. Way out: They are now, basically, artistic hippie potheads.

How did this transformation come about? Aaron Gell reports for The Daily:

[T]he Gaede twins say they have changed their views and attribute their earlier political pronouncements to youthful naivete. "My sister and I were home-schooled," Lynx pointed out. "We were these country bumpkins. We spent most of our days up on the hill playing with our goats."

[...]

[A]fter enrolling in public school and moving to Montana - a predominantly white state, albeit one with a decidedly hippie-ish vibe - Lamb and Lynx decided they simply no longer believed what they'd been taught.

Now Lynx is prone to saying things like "Personally, I love diversity," and "I have to say, marijuana saved my life." Although in the latter case, it's close to true: Lynx was diagnosed with cancer in high school, and was prescribed OxyContin to deal with the pain. After quitting the painkiller, she started smoking to deal with nausea from withdrawal—only to find that it "rekindle[d] the creative impulses [she] once channeled into [her] music." Both twins now have medical marijuana cards, and both now paint. (Lynx also restores furniture.)

Lynx still lives with her mom, who hasn't given up on her dream "to create an 'intentional' white community in their area, called Pioneer Little Europe." And as great as it is to hear that the twins aren't spouting hate anymore, it seems clear that the time they spent as Prussian Blue left them with a certain amount of psychic—and maybe physical—damage. Not to mention a shaky grasp of history:

For instance, asked whether the Holocaust happened, Lynx replied, "I think certain things happened. I think a lot of the stories got misconstrued. I mean, yeah, Hitler wasn't the best, but Stalin wasn't, Churchill wasn't. I disagree with everybody at that time."

Lamb concurred. "I just think everyone needs to frickin' get over it," she said. "That's what I think."

Still! That coming from girls who used to wear Hitler t-shirts? It's a start!
djjd62

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 01:34 pm
@boomerang,
i heard this story a few days ago, pretty funny, one of the problems i have with homeschooling is that it's too insular, obviously most home schooled kids aren't being raised by nazi's but more than a few are being raised with an agenda of sorts, with often few outside influences or opinions
chai2

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 01:41 pm
@djjd62,
yeah, that's what scares me about home schooling.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 02:01 pm
@djjd62,
I'm not so sure about that insular part.... I've read quite a bit (I'll see if I can find some links) about homeschooled and unschooled kids. They don't seem to view it as insular at all (the kids, that is).

I've known a few non-schoolers and they do seem to fall at the edges -- the uber conservative, religious right homeschoolers and the ultra liberal unschoolers.

My nephew was unschooled from the fifth grade on and he's entering his second year of college and doing great.

The first non-schooler I knew was my best pal growing up who pulled her youngest kid out of school for (of all things) his frustration over his inability to read an analogue clock and all the problems that caused with his teacher. After a couple of years she ended up pulling her other two kids out of school just because the homeschooling was going so well. She's about the least political agenda driven person I've ever known.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 03:07 pm
@djjd62,
I couldn't find the specific link I was looking for but here's a reddit I-Am-A where an unschooler takes questions, discussing the good and the bad about unschooling: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/adg22/instead_of_homeschooled_as_a_child_i_was/
0 Replies