Senate to go into closed session over Iraq

ilovesaltines

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 11:50 pm
better late than never
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 02:08 am
I erred but Merry Andrew is not quite correct either. The VietNam war ended in early 1973 with the Paris Peace Accords and the draft ended later that same year.

I was shocked to review the facts on Viet Nam regarding our casualties--53,000 dead.

That is a great deal more than our casualties in Iraq.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 09:49 am
Mortkat wrote:
I erred but Merry Andrew is not quite correct either. The VietNam war ended in early 1973 with the Paris Peace Accords and the draft ended later that same year.

I was shocked to review the facts on Viet Nam regarding our casualties--53,000 dead.

That is a great deal more than our casualties in Iraq.

Um, wait a second..you are posting opinions on a political forum and presenting yourself as if you know what you are talking about and you just now learned about the number of Vietnam War casualties, which BTW is 58,200 American soldiers KIA and about 1.5 million Vietnamese? Onew wonders where you got this fantasy about war protests ending when the draft ended.

This was a terrible, terrible war and most Americans swore we would never allow our government to get involved in a similar conflict. In many ways, Vietnam parallels Iraq. The casualties are far fewer but if your son, daughter, husband or wife is killed does it matter?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 10:41 am
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
Um, wait a second..you are posting opinions on a political forum and presenting yourself as if you know what you are talking about and you just now learned about the number of Vietnam War casualties, which BTW is 58,200 American soldiers KIA and about 1.5 million Vietnamese? Onew wonders where you got this fantasy about war protests ending when the draft ended.

I've noticed that your own lack of knowledge of a particular subject matter has not prevented you from posting your opinions and fantasies on this board.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:01 am
Like your fantasies about me being someone else? LOL

Pretty pathetic that ad hominems and false accusations is all you got. You really might consider getting help with your fixation on me.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:12 am
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:

What fantasy? You and "Chrissee" are the same person. The fact that you are even weakly denying it by referring to it as a "fantasy" only shows you to be a person who is not to be believed.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 12:02 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:

What fantasy? You and "Chrissee" are the same person. The fact that you are even weakly denying it by referring to it as a "fantasy" only shows you to be a person who is not to be believed.

You know what fantasy I am talking about. Satisfy your twisted fixation somewhere else, buddy. Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 12:07 pm
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:

You know what fantasy I am talking about. Satisfy your twisted fixation somewhere else, buddy. Laughing

Why don't you make an outright denial, then?

State unequivocally whether or not you have previously used the username "Chrissee" or "Harber" when posting at this board.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 12:13 pm
Hey obsessed with Nikki dude, I have already stated such. Don't think you can bully me, if you have a problem, take it up with the moderators.

And there are webistes where you can satisfy your fixations and fantasies, if you want to discuss politics fine. If not, I suggest you find those websites that will satisfy your proclivities and either leave me alone or address the issues.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 12:15 pm
Your nondenial has again been noted.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 12:20 pm
It is not a non-denial. All I want to know is what us it about me that causes you to be so fixated.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 12:22 pm
One week later and where is this report that the "straight shooter" promised was to be completed by now.

I'll check in again next week and fully expect the same result.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 12:35 pm
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
It is not a non-denial. All I want to know is what us it about me that causes you to be so fixated.

How many people have you now accused of being "fixated" with you?

It is a non-denial because you haven't outright denied it. You have merely called it a fantasy, and otherwise insinuated it's not true. You changed your screen name from Harper to Chrissee, and now from Chrissee to your current name. And not only do you not announce your switch, you imply that you didn't do it. That makes you a fraud in my book.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 12:42 pm
When leftwing nutjobs post jabberwocky here it only feeds the righwing nutjobs with ammunition.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 12:43 pm
Quote:
One week later and where is this report that the "straight shooter" promised was to be completed by now.

I'll check in again next week and fully expect the same result.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that.

It turns out that, yeah, it probably won't be ready this week. But they sure are working on it!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 12:47 pm
I fully expect a report from Roberts that details all the feet-dragging being done by the Democrats on the committee.
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 01:22 pm
Oh- Ticomaya--don't you know that the nonappearance of the report is prima facie evidence that the Republicans are hiding something.

Roberts laid his reputation and credibility on the line when he announced last Sunday that there had been NO EVIDENCE found that the Evaluators of the Intelligence had been coaxed in any way to provide a specific outcome.

We will just have to read the report when it is issued and realize that the propaganda issued by the left is merely designed to influence the voters. There is an election coming up,you know...

However, I am sure that most people do not realized the import of the findings made by FAIRVOTE, group which advocates redistricting through non partisan commissions rather than elected politicians.

Fairvote found that after the 2000 elections, both the Democrats and Republicans so gerrymandered the districts to protect incumbents by packing Republican voters into Republican Districts and Democratic Voters into Democratic Districts that ONLY 30 or so Congressional Districts out of 435 are COMPETETIVE.

The propaganda about the alleged "rigging" of Intelligence is just wasted effort.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 05:09 pm
Today Bush said the following in his speech.

Quote:
While it's perfectly legitimate to criticize my decision or the conduct of the war, it is deeply irresponsible to rewrite the history of how that war began. (Applause.) Some Democrats and anti-war critics are now claiming we manipulated the intelligence and misled the American people about why we went to war. These critics are fully aware that a bipartisan Senate investigation found no evidence of political pressure to change the intelligence community's judgments related to Iraq's weapons programs.

Looks like a weasel to me. The Senate investigation had nothing to do with whether the administration manipulated the intelligence. That investigation hasn't been done yet as we all know.

More manipulation of facts by the WH to give the impression that something was investigated when it hasn't been. Phase 2 has not been done by the Senate committee investigating prewar intelligence. The only one trying to rewrite history here is Bush.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 05:18 pm
I'm glad he's finally saying something. It's long overdue. He's let the Dems lie outright about the findings of the 911 Commish and Wilson and steer the agenda for months.

They've twisted the truth so long, people are stating the Dems' lies as if they're fact.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:05 pm
Lash wrote:
I'm glad he's finally saying something. It's long overdue. He's let the Dems lie outright about the findings of the 911 Commish and Wilson and steer the agenda for months.

They've twisted the truth so long, people are stating the Dems' lies as if they're fact.

Oh? which truths haven't been told Lash? The truth about Wilson? The truth is out there. Too bad the RW is the ones twisting the truth.

We have all seen your attempts to change the meanings of words when you claimed that Saddam met with Osama. You really shouldn't talk about wanting the truth when you are one of those mangling it.
0 Replies