Skincare

eoe

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 03:32 pm
I'm a Clinique chick. For twenty years more or less. Soap, toner, moisturizer. I always get compliments on my skin. I'm trying to remember to exfoliate, bought product and everything, but it seems to be a hard habit to pick up and stick to.

I use MAC foundation but Loreal shadows, blush, mascaras and lipsticks from the drug store.

I'm into Carol's Daughter. Love their Mango Body Butter but I also use a cheap CVS-brand cocoa butter body lotion. Never had a breakout or any problems with it.

For years I used a soap called Pure & Natural and now, suddenly, I can't find it so I've resorted to Caress because that's what my mother used for years but if everyone says that it's drying to the skin, I don't want it. I've never gotten into the body washes but it seems like now's the time, huh?

You've got the right idea. Adopt good skin care habits when you're young. And always remove your makeup before bed. I was lazy about removing mascara and I'm sure that's why I've got about eight lashes per eye today.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 04:18 pm
eoe - I like body washes because it's so much easier than soap. I never liked picking up a bar of soap, wondering what germs were sitting on it from the last person.

Seems like the shower stays cleaner also.

I realized a while back when going through my makeup I use all l'oreal products. I especially like their foundations.
The colors go from a pale that's even whiter than me to a nice rich brown.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 04:28 pm
I'm a male who manages to maintain a good facial skin condition by washing my face morning and night with a cleansing astringent, mainly Dickinson's Witchhazel Formula.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 04:53 pm
Good for you, JL!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 03:19 am
OH MY GOD I USE COCOA BUTTER ON MY FACE!!!!
Whats it gona do to me?????

I love the smell of Johnsons products, use the lotion to take make up off and then the soap, and the scrub with the bits in it, smells amazing.

Yep we have The body Shop over here tho never tried any products as I hate to give already rich people money!

Not tried the Tofu yet but hopefully gona try it this week.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 07:56 am
material girl wrote:
I love the smell of Johnsons products, use the lotion to take make up off and then the soap, and the scrub with the bits in it, smells amazing.

Yep we have The body Shop over here tho never tried any products as I hate to give already rich people money!

How rich do you suppose the Johnson's are?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 11:09 pm
eoe, that's what I was gonna say! Laughing
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 03:18 am
Ahh but Ive never seen the Johnsons family promoting their goods on TV, they are a traditional company thats been going since the 1880's which I prefer.

Seriosly, I use cocoa butter on my face, should I stop?????!!!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 08:05 am
Here's a PARTIAL list of the products and brands that the Johnson family owns:

ACI-JEL®
ACT®
ACUVUE®
AGILITY™
ANTIVIROGRAM®
AVEENO®
AXERT®
BALMEX®
BAND-AID®
Benecol®
CAREFREE®
CENTANY®
CHARITə
Children's MOTRIN® / Children's TYLENOL®
CIDEX®
CLEAN & CLEAR®
CONCERTA®
CORTAID®
CYPHER®
DERMABOND®
DITROPAN XL®
DOXIL®
DURAGESIC®
ELMIRON®
ERTACZO™
Evian® AFFINITY®
FLEXERIL®
GAS AID®
GLOBAL™
Grifulvin V® -
GYNECARE®
HEALTHY WOMAN™
IMODIUM®
INDEPENDENCE® iBOT™
JOHNSON'S® Baby (Shampoo, Oil, Cream, Powder)
JOHNSON'S® Buddies™
JOHNSON'S® Kids (No More Tangles, Shampoo, Conditioner)
K-Y® Brand Personal Lubricants
LACTAID®
LEVAQUIN®
MAMMOTOME® Breast Biopsy System
MONISTAT®
MOTRIN® IB
MYLANTA®
MYLICON®
NATRECOR®
NEUTROGENA®
NIZORAL®
o.b.® Tampons
ORTHO EVRA®
ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN®

Now surely you've seen a few of these commercials on tv???
But I've never seen a commercial on tv for The Body Shop. Anybody else?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 08:14 am
wow, I didn't realize.
Funny tho, I read down the list, and don't use even one of their products. What are the odds of that?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 08:54 am
Not even Band-Aid?
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:44 pm
My skin regiment varies a lot. I've always used Dove for soap and Moisturelle for my morning body moisturizing. For facial creams I'm really liking the Burt's Bees products. Right now I'm using the Marshmallow Vanishing Creme, which is very soothing and doesn't have an overwhelmingly pungent smell. I also use their Citrus Facial Scrub.

As for makup I've been using Clinique for my foundation and a whole slew of different products for the eyeshadows, etc.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 04:25 pm
eoe wrote:
Not even Band-Aid?

Surprised
acutally no, we use Curad, I can tell the difference, but apparantly the husband can.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 04:27 pm
Jonsey, I'm curious...do you vary in your creams and such just for variety's sake, are you still searching for 'the answer', or what?
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 02:12 pm
Good question, I really just keep looking around. As I mentioned the vanishing creme is pretty good. I guess I'm always keeping my eyes open for good products. The only things I've consistantly used over the years are Dove and Moisturelle. I also like things that are affordable...facial cremes these days are so expensive! Confused
0 Replies