Atheists... Your life is pointless

Setanta

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 04:52 am
Since he became a regular feature in this thread, Spade has done nothing but make sweeping, unsubstantiated generalizations about atheists, all of which accuse atheists of moral or intellectual flaws. There's Christian charity for you.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 04:56 am
>>lag<<
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 04:58 am
@Setanta,
It does not suprise me at all that you would make fun of the band...in some dumb, immature, unintelligent, subjective way...

And then in the very next post make a hypocritical statement about generalizations...

When the point was not the music, or the band itself...but the message within the song...

I must not be able to see so obviously...

@FBM

What size glasses do you actually wear?
Setanta

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:05 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Making fun of all music would be a sweeping, unsubstantiated generalization. Making fun of whiner rock, however, and the masters of whine rock, Staind, is very specific. They're hilarious.

It doesn't surprise me at all that you think you've make some kind of rhetorical point, when in fact you haven't. If you ever said "some atheists," or "explicit atheists," or "militant atheists," you would no longer be making sweeping generalizations--although certainly your claims would be open to challenge. You don't, though. You level wild charges against atheists, period, unqualified, which is even more pathetic in that you obviously don't know very many atheists (if any at all--arguing with people online hardly counts for knowing them) and you obviously attempt to equate what they don't believe with belief systems. You're none too swift.
FBM

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:05 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Since he became a regular feature in this thread, Spade has done nothing but make sweeping, unsubstantiated generalizations about atheists, all of which accuse atheists of moral or intellectual flaws. There's Christian charity for you.

And he spends a lot of energy accusing atheists of making sweeping, unsubstantiated generalizations about all theists. Oh, the irony. I almost said 'hypocrisy,' but I get the feeling he's never going to look that word up.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:18 am
@Setanta,
I'm done with your little bait...had my fun...time to go...I'll come back when the big boys rejoin the discussion....
Setanta

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:19 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Serious posters? You mean seriously deluded, like you?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:25 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Serious posters? You mean seriously deluded, like you?

Hey, we all can not be as seriously deluded as you are Set...Wink...that is one thing that your superiority is very keen indeed...Wink... Laughing

But I guess we try to be...but just have not mastered it like you have...

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:27 am
@FBM,
Hey FBM...do you think that Setanta agrees with my last post or not? Or how do you think he would he obviously disagree with it???? Just thought you may have been able to show me how it was obvious...So I could then use this view to look straight into space itself...Laughing Laughing Razz Cool 2 Cents Wink
Frank Apisa

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:28 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5295392)
Quote:
Fine. Duck it. Considering everything that has gone on here...I don't blame you.

Lets do it up Frank...I changed my mind, thinking about this (myself...)

Quote:
Quote:
Have you considered that you might be deluding yourself by thinking that you are having a discussion with GOD...and that GOD is answering you?

"Yes"..."Yes"...

Thank you for finally answering the question.

Quote:
My question to ask you...

Quote:
Do you think that it is possible that you fully understand what and why you believe what you do, or would you honestly say that you are not sure, and make no guess in either direction?

Anything is possible except the impossible, Spade...so I would say it is possible, although I would take issue with that word "believe." So it is possible that I am guessing about the things I am guessing about...and in fact, it is almost a certainty that I am guessing about them.

Next question to you:

Since you have considered the possibility that you may be deluding yourself when you say you are talking to GOD and GOD is responding to you...

...have you come up with anything during those considerations that makes it absolutely certain that the supposed conversation IS NOT MERELY DELUSION? (If that question is not clear, just ask me to clear it up and I will do so.)
FBM

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:34 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
http://learningdisabilities.about.com/od/instructionalmaterials/tp/rdgcompretensn.htm
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
You are welcome Frank...

Thank you for being patient...

I had to think about why I did not answer it myself...

Thank you for being willing to answer mine...

I will be here for you...

My answer...

Yes...

Quote:
Anything is possible except the impossible, Spade...so I would say it is possible, although I would take issue with that word "believe." So it is possible that I am guessing about the things I am guessing about...and in fact, it is almost a certainty that I am guessing about them.

My next question...You say you take issue with the word "believe" (statement) What is the difference in "I believe I am uncertain", or ".and in fact, it is almost a certainty that I am guessing about them."?
Frank Apisa

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:59 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

My answer...

Yes...

Great...and a much less dragged out response. We'll get back to that in a moment.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

My next question...You say you take issue with the word "believe" (statement) What is the difference in "I believe I am uncertain", or ".and in fact, it is almost a certainty that I am guessing about them."?

The main difference is that I do not do "believing" of any kind...and answering a question with that "believe" in it would be fudging. I do not want to do that with you.

Now...my question:

Since you indicate that during your considerations you have discovered something that shows with absolute certainty that the supposed conversations are NOT delusions…

…please share the elements that indicate to you “absolute certainty” that you are not being delusional...so that we can see that in fact you are absolutely certain.
izzythepush

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 07:01 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
Blind belief in something for which there isn't a single scrap of credible evidence.

Says you. There's plenty of evidence, just not evidence that would satisfy you. For a start there's the claim that the Koran was written by an illiterate, it's also claimed that it's perfect in style, and that it could not be reproduced by man.

Those are claims, and I've yet to meet a non-Moslem proficient in Arabic to discuss this any further.

Last night there was a woman on the telly who said she found a lump under her arm, at the same time she felt the presence of her aunt who died from breast cancer telling her not to worry, and when she went to the doctors she was OK. For her that was evidence enough.

Now I know you can put that down to various hallucinations, but she obviously believed it, and although you may disagree, it's not the same as blind faith.
izzythepush

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 07:02 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

So you support the wholesale slaughter of Moslems by Buddhists?

That figures.
0 Replies

FBM

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 07:05 am
@izzythepush,
No evidence that meets the definition of evidence used by people who know what constitutes evidence and what is hearsay.

izzythepush

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 07:06 am
@FBM,
So it's just what you think that matters.
FBM

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 07:10 am
@izzythepush,
Yeah, I'm the only person in the whole world who knows what constitutes evidence. Nobody else has ever considered it.
izzythepush

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 07:16 am
@FBM,
You don't condemn violence towards Moslems. You decide that when someone has what they call a spiritual experience, the only interpretation is that they're wrong.

This is all about your desire to be right, and it's so strong, that you're quite happy to see others who think differently exterminated.

FBM

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 07:24 am
@izzythepush,
Where did I say I OK'd violence against Muslims? Strawman fail.

I've admitted my errors in the past and am willing to do so anytime someone provides credible evidence. But not hearsay and thrice-distanced anecdotes.
0 Replies